Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Football Shirts 2019/2020

37 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Well... these are horrific...

D6wf_baXYAIwuxq.jpg

D6wf_d5X4AEjeVD.jpg

That sponsor is an absolute monstrosity, and that random black panel on the home just doesn't need to be there, at all. Even the outline on the club badge looks ridiculous.

• Like 1

They'd sell more kits if they made them look good and put the effort in, surely thats one reason they've knelt down for Arse; to sell more kits. Both us and Cardiff got shafted by Adidas last season and beyond a couple of details on the home kit this year they've done us over again. Pink & Black catalogue pieces with bob all effort beyond sticking a badge on and King Power = 2.5x Mark-up. Would they sell more if they were better looking? Think so. Whats the cost of Adidas employing someone to draw a kit together? You see better attempts from teenagers on Twitter.

No excuses it's just lazy and cheap. Completely living off their brand and name

7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

They'd sell more kits if they made them look good and put the effort in, surely thats one reason they've knelt down for Arse; to sell more kits. Both us and Cardiff got shafted by Adidas last season and beyond a couple of details on the home kit this year they've done us over again. Pink & Black catalogue pieces with bob all effort beyond sticking a badge on and King Power = 2.5x Mark-up. Would they sell more if they were better looking? Think so. Whats the cost of Adidas employing someone to draw a kit together? You see better attempts from teenagers on Twitter.

No excuses it's just lazy and cheap. Completely living off their brand and name

No they wouldn't. People buy Leicester kits because they're Leicester fans. They buy Arsenal kits because they're Arsenal fans. 

Unless you produce some freak Nigeria World Cup effort, nobody buys it just because it looks good and even then its predominantly because Nigeria is a "cool" African nation and a bunch of black celebs and influencers  on social media hyped it up. 

Arsenal are enormously popular and stacks of little London kids will run out to buy their kit every year whether it's a bespoke Adidas number or some pound shop Burrda muck. It is worth Adidas putting the effort in so that it looks nice to promote their brand mind. 

But nobody outside Leicester and Bangkok Airport gives a shit whether the Leicester City kit is bespoke. That's not a very exciting market for Adidas. 

Edited by Finnegan

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No they wouldn't. People buy Leicester kits because they're Leicester fans. They buy Arsenal kits because they're Arsenal fans. 

Unless you produce some freak Nigeria World Cup effort, nobody buys it just because it looks good and even then its predominantly because Nigeria is a "cool" African nation and a bunch of black celebs and influencers  on social media hyped it up. 

Arsenal are enormously popular and stacks of little London kids will run out to buy their kit every year whether it's a bespoke Adidas number or some pound shop Burrda muck. It is worth Adidas putting the effort in so that it looks nice to promote their brand mind. 

But nobody outside Leicester and Bangkok Airport gives a shit whether the Leicester City kit is bespoke. That's not a very exciting market for Adidas. 

I have no idea why you've brought Nigeria into it.

If our away kit looked anything like Arsenal's I'd be on it in a flash, so there's your +1 already. If Burrdo were to make Arsenal muck-ups they'd still do well I agree but surely the counter to that is why put the effort in at all if all the aforementioned roadmen of North LDN are gonna be copping your gear if you could copy say Swindon Town's kit, stick Fly Ethiopia on it and an Arsenal badge and there you go easy £$£$£$££$£$£ no fuss

The only rational explanation I can think of is for 9/10 Clubs they print out the same dull trainingwear from the same workhouses, using the same child labour - just bolt your valued Marketing Partner's® on them and off you pop nice, cheap & simple. Get Arsenal or a Club they like through the door and they'll roll out the red carpet, only experienced child laborers with all their fingers and teeth get to make the kit and Hanz Schnitzl the esteemed connoisseur kit designer gets flown over from the Bahamas to design the socks, mittens, coat, hat, walking out jacket; the lot.

It's so lazy and soulless, I hate it and I hate it representing a Club I love

Edited by Jaspa

7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I have no idea why you've brought Nigeria into it.

If our away kit looked anything like Arsenal's I'd be on it in a flash, so there's your +1 already. If Burrdo were to make Arsenal muck-ups they'd still do well I agree but surely the counter to that is why put the effort in at all if all the aforementioned roadmen of North LDN are gonna be copping your gear if you could copy say Swindon Town's kit, stick Fly Ethiopia on it and an Arsenal badge and there you go easy £$£$£$££$£$£ no fuss

The only rational explanation I can think of is for 9/10 Clubs they print out the same dull trainingwear from the same workhouses, using the same child labour - just bolt your valued Marketing Partner's® on them and off you pop nice, cheap & simple. Get Arsenal or a Club they like through the door and they'll roll out the red carpet, only experienced child laborers with all their fingers and teeth get to make the kit and Hanz Schnitzl the esteemed connoisseur kit designer gets flown over from the Bahamas to design the socks, mittens, coat, hat, walking out jacket; the lot.

It's so lazy and soulless, I hate it and I hate it representing a Club I love

Well of course that's the case. Adidas makes kits for 100s of clubs so of course about 90%+ of these will be generic. 

They're only gonna make bespoke kits for those clubs who will turn them serious coin. Arsenal are a global brand so will.  Leicester aren't so won't. 

It's capitalism innit. 

The only way we'll get something bespoke is if we make our own kits... Fox Leisure anyone? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adidas is crap, club after club.  The shirts are designed to scream Adidas brand identity, and that is done by minimizing club identity.   

Every shirt they make, ||| TIRE TRACKS ||| completely dominate a forgettable template.  And oh, there’s a club badge sewn on.  Even that Arse away is, from a design and originality standpoint, interesting mostly for its color.

The shift from Puma, a move up in the world?  What a scam.  A “move up” would be something identifiable for more than the sponsor and the color of the home shirt. 

• Like 1

How can people be so touchy over a shirt? Adidas/Nike don’t make shirts for the good of the clubs wearing them - it’s so they can get their name around as much as possible. Gonna have to get over that I’m afraid - give over with this “representing the club I love” it’s a shirt!