Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Leicester without Mahrez

Man city took our best player away for what for them, is pocket change.

Pep probably never intended making him the star at manc.

Mahrez's ineffective to world class form is a worthwhile risk for a club like them to take.

For so long we refused to sell albeit who actually made an offer, Roma??

By the time manc came sniffing he and his agent were so desperate to get away the £ signs probably clouded their judgement.

I think they'll use him as bait to lure their next FUT card in a cash plus Mahrez scenario.

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I said it a while ago and I’ll say it again, I’ve been told by my brother-in-law who knows somebody who mixes with footballers including Riyad he regrets leaving and would come back, it maybe BS granted but we should defo go back in for him, he is a position we need and we should defo make an offer, he maybe a spoilt brat but aren’t all footballers, he could be the difference that could get us Europe, I’d offer Man City £40m.

Well well well .....   

D9A52005-912C-4C21-AFBE-5250A4646344.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's not worked out for him, 

No its not but its upto him to make it work. He needs to pull his finger out roll up his sleeves and man up. 

Or he can do like he does. Bitch and act like a spoilt brat until he gets what he wants. 

If he was anywhere near the player people claim he would knuckle down and fight for it. But no he will just bitch. He's got what he wanted now it's time to grow up and man up. 

Guest Cujek
34 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Personally I’d rather have Knocky back ...   far less fan boys ...   :)

I would love Knocky back.

I believe he was genuinely gutted to be sold. 

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I said it a while ago and I’ll say it again, I’ve been told by my brother-in-law who knows somebody who mixes with footballers including Riyad he regrets leaving and would come back, it maybe BS granted but we should defo go back in for him, he is a position we need and we should defo make an offer, he maybe a spoilt brat but aren’t all footballers, he could be the difference that could get us Europe, I’d offer Man City £40m.

£400k

51 minutes ago, shade said:

straight swap for iheanacho?

Thats a tough one. nacho for Mahrez +350k

Im being mean. Sad thing is i bet nacho would play better at mancity then mahrez. 

If man city is expecting anywhere near 60 mill to recoup fees they are having a laugh now.

They would be lucky  to get 40 to 50 mill and i cant see any big club dropping that unless solskaer goes mental. Spurs wont pay it and arsenal maaayyyyybbbbe but doubtful.

It's rather unusual to re-sign a former player, and in Mahrez' case I have my doubts he'd want to come back to Leicester, it would be a bit like admitting defeat and arguably a "step back". Downed tools to some extent, left a bad impression at the club, not at least with the fans.

Although I'd consider it a clear signal of intent if he would call for a transfer or at least a loan in the summer.

It's always complicated when it comes to players in competition with others on their respective position. Is it favouritism by the manager? Poor training performances? Tactics? Personal? We'll never know...

We should rather go for a new face at right wing, assess Diabaté and Ghezzal in the summer. Both have flattered to deceive. Ghezzal looks rather lightweight and criminally one-footed and somewhat one-dimensional. Diabaté had a terrible pre-season with us last summer and is currently doing so-so-la-la in Turkey.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Man city took our best player away for what for them, is pocket change.

Pep probably never intended making him the star at manc.

Mahrez's ineffective to world class form is a worthwhile risk for a club like them to take.

For so long we refused to sell albeit who actually made an offer, Roma??

By the time manc came sniffing he and his agent were so desperate to get away the £ signs probably clouded their judgement.

I think they'll use him as bait to lure their next FUT card in a cash plus Mahrez scenario.

To be fair... wasnt he their record $$ signing?

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Higher expectations than his ability?

He was literally voted the best player in the Premier league 3 seasons ago and came 7th in the Ballon d'Or vote. His ability is more than good enough for a side like Man City, and his expectations of regular playing time are pretty justified.

It's hardly greedy that he wanted to test himself at a higher level than mid-table PL and the odd cup run - at the time that he left we were looking distinctly average under Puel so begrudging his desire to play at a higher level consistently is a bit harsh.

It's not worked out for him, but that's not because he's not good enough for them. Its because Man City are stockpiling an obscene amount of talent in those positions and he's not been able to break through (despite playing well). He's well and truly been made the scapegoat by their fans after the Anfield penalty miss, in the same way that our fans have responded to Ghezzal. It's almost like they want him to fail.

He'll move on fairly swiftly I imagine. Not to us (although I'd love it if he did) but somewhere abroad, most likely. If I remember right he was overlooked by PSG as a youngster and not keen on them, so he'll probably end up in Italy or Spain.

Just because he was voted best player in the prem doesn't mean he was and it certainly has no relation to his ability now. If anything it just goers to show how overrated he is/was.  Defensively he is more than a liability and offensively he hasn't progressed since 2015 - in fact he's regressed and he's added a very poor attitude to all of that. His ability clearly isn't good enough for a side like Man City who have at least 3 better wingers and Pep sees that. There's a reason that Mahrez got to play in the FA Cup matches and against the likes of Swansea but now that matches are clearly of utmost importance he can't even get on the pitch. No-one would risk his defensive laziness and frailty when the league title is sitting so fragiley.

It was greedy for him to insist on his move away from us. greedy but understandable and if done correctly it would have been acceptable too.

There is no way in a million years he'll be bought by PSG. He could go to spain - but not to either of the 2 giants and he'd soon get dropped at Atletico as they like attackers to make a defensive effort too. His best hope is that Manure meltdown means that Martial leaves and then maybe they'll pick him up - Martial is only 23 though or he could move to Arsenal and challenge another youngster Iwobi for the left wing. Of course maybe when Hazard goes to spain in the summer, chelsea will see Mahrez as a like for like replacement and he can get together with Kanté and Drinks.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

C63586BC-A078-4679-9128-9C331C160DD4.jpeg

Not what he was saying before the poor loss to Newcs and the point against Wham. After we win our last 3 and get 7th, He'll be saying we're ready for the experience again.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Not what he was saying before the poor loss to Newcs and the point against Wham. After we win our last 3 and get 7th, He'll be saying we're ready for the experience again.

I think he means we will embrace it whenever  we get it as that and a domestic cup is his first goal ...  but ideally not this year ...  

Id love us to finish 7th as it will show the slow but steady improvement we have made in the prem (ignoring the obvious season)  I think we have achieved more points every season ...   but let Watford win the cup so we don’t qualify for the Europa ....    best of the rest will do me.

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think he means we will embrace it whenever  we get it as that and a domestic cup is his first goal ...  but ideally not this year ...  

Id love us to finish 7th as it will show the slow but steady improvement we have made in the prem (ignoring the obvious season)  I think we have achieved more points every season ...   but let Watford win the cup so we don’t qualify for the Europa ....    best of the rest will do me.

I think he will say what he needs to in order to soak up the pressure, but still make it clear we have high aspirations. 

I think Watford deserve that 7th place really - they have had a fantastic season. I really want to finish ahead of Wolves and Everton though. It would be very frustrating to be behind Wolves after they only just came up, and Everton have played football appalling at times.