Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Leicester without Mahrez

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Wow I’d never seen you as that fickle.

I must be getting old..

Personally I’d still rather have players at the club who actually want to wear the shirt, as opposed to trying to fashion a move away at pretty much any costs.

How is he being fickle by saying he'd still take Mahrez here and believes he is still a good player. That't literally the complete opposite of fickle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Ok. - so you find out your ex (sexy as she was) - who, though you shared some great times together, couldn't wait to dump you when someone richer and smarter came along - is pretty miserable with her new bloke.

Do you take her back?

Or do you hang up on her and laugh?

To expand on your analogy further and to maybe to stretch it to breaking point:

Oh, by the way, since you don't understand @Foxboy, analogy:

noun
  1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

...Anyway I digress, your sexy ex had just been going through the motions for two years.  She made no secret she wanted better.  Twice she tried to leave you but was herself rejected.  Twice you took her back despite the tantrums.  Finally, she found someone richer.  She dumped you and you didn't see her for dust.

Twelve months later, despite the fact she still doesn't want you, she hasn't wanted you for three years, but you are still pining for her and are desperate to take her back.

I call that pretty pathetic.   I say again, where's your self respect?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

It’s a helpful analogy until you take it further and factor in that your new woman is the equivalent of Gray and Ghezzal ?

It's not though is it?

Mahrez' money bought us Maddison, Ricardo and Evans with change to spare.  Those three make us stronger than Riyad did.

People need to understand that we may struggle to afford Tielemans even with Silva as a make weight.  We definitely can' t afford both of them and the bottom line is that he doesn't want to play for us.  He didn't want to play for us when he was here.  

We are stronger without him.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

noun
  1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

...Anyway I digress, your sexy ex had just been going through the motions for two years.  She made no secret she wanted better.  Twice she tried to leave you but was herself rejected.  Twice you took her back despite the tantrums.  Finally, she found someone richer.  She dumped you and you didn't see her for dust.

Twelve months later, despite the fact she still doesn't want you, she hasn't wanted you for three years, but you are still pining for her and are desperate to take her back.

Where has this "pining" for Mahrez and desperation come from? lol

I simply said I would take him back if he wanted to come back. I'm not going to turn up outside his house with a box of chocolates every night and some flowers, You're struggling to seperate your emotions from it. Maybe your missus did previously leave you for a richer man which has made this such a sore subject for you?

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Wow I’d never seen you as that fickle.

I must be getting old..

Personally I’d still rather have players at the club who actually want to wear the shirt, as opposed to trying to fashion a move away at pretty much any costs.

That's just a lazy cliche.

You could pick 11 posters on here who want to "wear the shirt" it doesn't mean we'd be any good.

Bottom line is "wearing the shirt" of Leicester City is nobodies first choice, players want to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid as their first options. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gerard said:

You could pick 11 posters on here who want to "wear the shirt" it doesn't mean we'd be any good.

Bottom line is "wearing the shirt" of Leicester City is nobodies first choice, players want to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid as their first options. 

I guess that is true but don't you see a difference between a fully committed player (while he is here) and a player going through the motions, agitating for a move, airport sulks and strikes, disrespecting the club and fans?

If a bid comes in for Harry in the summer from a CL team for example and he takes it, I will wish him well.

Just now, murphy said:

I guess that is true but don't you see a difference between a fully committed player (while he is here) and a player going through the motions, agitating for a move, airport sulks and strikes, disrespecting the club and fans?

If a bid comes in for Harry in the summer from a CL team for example and he takes it, I will wish him well.

If that was a lesser player angling for his move then I'd give him both barrels.

With Mahrez he's got that much credit in the bank with me I'll forgive him anything after giving us a title and then signing a new contract whilst his stock was sky high. I've never really forgiven Kante for moving at the first opportunity but as for Mahrez I've got nothing but love and respect for him. 

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Spot on imo

It was the nature of Mahrez sulking, not looking bothered and wanting out on more than one occasion that did it for me. As I’ve said before, I’d have no surprise if he did it all over again too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

From now on I hope we only sign long-term season ticket holders

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Really?

Then this is where we differ.  If it were a lesser player I probably couldn't give a toss, but it is this idea that a player can be forgiven anything and behave as he pleases just because he is good that bothers me.  I wouldn't care if he was a Ronaldo/Messi hybrid with superpowers, no player is bigger than the club and no player can get away with acting like some kind of Mariah Carey diva.  

:yesyes:

8 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

I think its four full games at City since he got any pitch time but looking at their bench and team last night it was mental.He knew that on arrival and just hasn't been able to elbow his way in.

Yeah, should probably rename the thread "Mahrez without Leicester"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, murphy said:

noun

Couldn’t you just take your sexy ex back for a couple of weekends, remember the fine times, maybe even get a bit more out of her while she’s still sorry, then bin her off quickly before she does it back to you?

But no to Riyad, by the end the magic was too costly and too infrequent.

(I’m no good at analogies)

Nah get to ****, constantly whinging and whining to leave the club, turned it off for transfer windows then couldn't be arsed. I reckon him coming back would be a disaster too, after all the work he put in to get a big move and to come back with his tail between his legs, if you think he couldn't be arsed before think again. The atmosphere around the club feels a lot better since he's gone

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Nah get to ****, constantly whinging and whining to leave the club, turned it off for transfer windows then couldn't be arsed. I reckon him coming back would be a disaster too, after all the work he put in to get a big move and to come back with his tail between his legs, if you think he couldn't be arsed before think again. The atmosphere around the club feels a lot better since he's gone

I don't think the atmosphere had anything to do with Mahrez really. Even when he wanted out most fans were behind him and his talent, and understood that he'd delivered us a PL title and wanted a new challenge. Fair enough. He earned it in my book. Yes I had a moan about his lazyness and he did down tools, but he wasn't the only player not putting the right effort in. 

The atmosphere has been shit because we've been playing crap football up until a manager with a clear plan (and talent) has come in (Brendan Rodgers)... between Mahrez leaving and BR stepping in we've sacked a few managers and played frustrating football, that was the reason for the crap atmosphere.

For me, it depends on Riyad, but I don't think he wants to come back here, if he did and was happy to sign a 4 year contract and had no interest in playing for other teams then fair enough, why wouldn't you want a player of his calibre back in the team.

I can see it going one of two ways for him though, he'll play more and more for Man City over the next few seasons and perhaps become more of a regular player, depends on who they ship out etc. or he'll hand in a transfer request next season as a team like Spurs or Arsenal will come in for him.

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You work for the club?

• 6 months later...