Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Leicester without Mahrez

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Just not consistent enough to do well for a team like Man City.

We overrated him for years now he's proving why he isn't "World Class".

I'm not so sure about the "overrated" part.

He surely has class.

We gave him the stage, and he took it. Until he got a bit too greedy (for which I can only partly fault him from a logical perspective).

To me, looking back, everything fell into place leading up to that magical PL season. The team spirit and the Great Escape experience acted as a great bond, everyone put in 110% every match and the individual class of players such as Mahrez, Vardy or Kanté made the team as a whole stronger. You can argue which element influenced the other more or first. We should also not underestimate Ranieri's part in it to top it off.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I sense a new poll... If we were to re - sign Mahrez would you welcome him, or behave otherwise? 

No - the algieran fan boys on twitter did my fvcking head in.

Constantly yapping on about how mahrez was entitled to become a champions league star player and how we were "holding the poor man captive," (on a 100k a week) fvcking morons.

Good news is they can now sob watching him rot on the man city bench aged 28.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Sad 1

Three years ago, you could almost imagine a stand being named after him.  Now, it’ll be the Riyad Mahrez boarding lounge at deGaulle ...

RMlounge.JPG.a0844faf2ea1ac60754e2418ae7be451.JPG

... which @FIF will spend four hours in a bathroom stall to avoid setting foot in.

I get why hes not playing in recent games.Man city are basing their efforts around swarming all over their opponents and that s not his game.

Hes done well enough in the time he has had from what Ive seen and hasn't stopped being a top player Must be very frustrating regardless of the money going in the bank

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I wish we'd have a chance of getting him back.

A three of Mahrez/Maddison/Barnes would be brilliant.

yeah, can't believe the people that don't want him back. no one outside the top 6 could even attract a player of his qualities. 12 goals/10 assists last season. 

*waits for FIF confused reaction*

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

I get why hes not playing in recent games.Man city are basing their efforts around swarming all over their opponents and that s not his game.

Hes done well enough in the time he has had from what Ive seen and hasn't stopped being a top player Must be very frustrating regardless of the money going in the bank

100%, Doesn't have the intensity in his game for a title chasing side imo, more suited when there's less pressure to perform. Fail in this City side and you get slaughtered.

Shakey should never have got the job full time. He didn't have no new ideas himself and his only plan was to play the Ranieri way that won us the title. The 6-1 home defeat by Tottenham was a disgrace and if the warning signs were out then before he got the job. My one memory of that match was how he didn't have a clue what he was doing and just faked it by keep throwing on attacking players. By the end of the match I had no idea who was playing what position and I suspect the players and Shakey weren't fully sure either.

Take than in contrast to BR. He has more or less been a success wherever he has been and managed at the highest level. He also knows his own mind and knows exactly what he wants from his players and team. We are in very safe hands. 

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Shakey should never have got the job full time. He didn't have no new ideas himself and his only plan was to play the Ranieri way that won us the title. The 6-1 home defeat by Tottenham was a disgrace and if the warning signs were out then before he got the job. My one memory of that match was how he didn't have a clue what he was doing and just faked it by keep throwing on attacking players. By the end of the match I had no idea who was playing what position and I suspect the players and Shakey weren't fully sure either.

Take than in contrast to BR. He has more or less been a success wherever he has been and managed at the highest level. He also knows his own mind and knows exactly what he wants from his players and team. We are in very safe hands. 

Bit mean there Gerry ....   he was offered the job and he took it ...   who wouldn’t ...   didn’t work out but he gave it his best shot ...    before that he played his part as an assistant manager perfectly ...  an honest and faithful servant of the club ...   one of many little parts that clicked together and won us the unthinkable ...   sorry I won’t hear him being slagged off ...    BR is an experienced manager ...    Shakey wasn’t ...   like I said ...   a bit mean.

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Bit mean there Gerry ....   he was offered the job and he took it ...   who wouldn’t ...   didn’t work out but he gave it his best shot ...    before that he played his part as an assistant manager perfectly ...  an honest and faithful servant of the club ...   one of many little parts that clicked together and won us the unthinkable ...   sorry I won’t hear him being slagged off ...    BR is an experienced manager ...    Shakey wasn’t ...   like I said ...   a bit mean.

Not being mean just a realistic appraisal that he was out of his depth and the signs were there before he was offered the job. Professional sport is an unforgiving business and it has to be a meritocracy before all else. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not being mean just a realistic appraisal that he was out of his depth and the signs were there before he was offered the job. Professional sport is an unforgiving business and it has to be a meritocracy before all else. 

Way out of his depth ...   but others should have realised that before they offered him the job ...   but either way as an assistant manager he was fookin brilliant !! ..    and that’s what I like to focus on ..   :)

Like I said ...   great servant to the club and an honest likeable bloke ...    love him ..

• Like 1

Mahrez must (or should have) have realised when he joined Man C he was only ever going to be a squad player, unless he developed his game. He does not have the intensity in his play (in terms of Man C pressing game) nor a physical presence. He was great for City whilst he was here, but he chose to move on. Similarly, we need to move on too; hopefully we can do that with Tielemans (and Barnes). I think it more likely to see if Diabate improves. Furthermore, a wide palyer is not essential if Chilwell and Perira are pushing forward.  If Man City are open to offers, I think it likely they will get offers from clubs in France or Spain, where I think he would do well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Mahrez must (or should have) have realised when he joined Man C he was only ever going to be a squad player, unless he developed his game. He does not have the intensity in his play (in terms of Man C pressing game) nor a physical presence. He was great for City whilst he was here, but he chose to move on. Similarly, we need to move on too; hopefully we can do that with Tielemans (and Barnes). I think it more likely to see if Diabate improves. Furthermore, a wide palyer is not essential if Chilwell and Perira are pushing forward.  If Man City are open to offers, I think it likely they will get offers from clubs in France or Spain, where I think he would do well. 

I don't think that's the way footballers think, to get to their level they have to have immense belief in themselves, so much so they believe they can play at the highest level, Drinkwater believed he'd be a regular, so did Riyad, the pundits he saw saying he had to make the move, why wouldn't he. Is it really so ridiculous when now his own fans are slating him when he gets minimal game time that he isn't looking at our promising young set up and ricardo thinking on that right side and having an element of regret at leaving? I thought Riyad put our club in a bad light but if he came back it wouldn't only be a positive in terms of improving the side but also a statement to other possible talent we have that the grass isn't always greener 

• Like 2