Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Leicester without Mahrez

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I don't think that's the way footballers think, to get to their level they have to have immense belief in themselves, so much so they believe they can play at the highest level, Drinkwater believed he'd be a regular, so did Riyad, the pundits he saw saying he had to make the move, why wouldn't he. Is it really so ridiculous when now his own fans are slating him when he gets minimal game time that he isn't looking at our promising young set up and ricardo thinking on that right side and having an element of regret at leaving? I thought Riyad put our club in a bad light but if he came back it wouldn't only be a positive in terms of improving the side but also a statement to other possible talent we have that the grass isn't always greener 

he had every right to go for a bigger club because he proved and earned it. if he was to leave it would still be a bigger club than us. so i doubt it's a move that he regrets in the long run. 

On 08/04/2019 at 22:37, jayfox26 said:

True, I wouldn't really be that keen on a Mahrez return to be honest. If chilly adds goals and assists to his game and cuts out the defensive lapses he could  be world class. 

So basically becomes someone else then? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Riyad put our club in a bad light but if he came back it wouldn't only be a positive in terms of improving the side but also a statement to other possible talent we have that the grass isn't always greener 

Riyad struggling gives out the message that the grass isn’t always greener, so don’t leave.

Riyad coming back would give out the message that you can behave badly to get your big move and if it doesn’t work out you will be welcomed back with open arms.

Plus, if he did come back, what do you think Riyad would say when asked by our players how his Man City experience was? Do you think he’d admit he made a poor choice, and moan about not being able to break into their first team? Or do you think he’d rather gloss over that, and instead regale them with grand stories of what it’s like to be coached by Pep and what it’s like to train alongside De Bruyne?

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The things I detest about the transfers like Mahrez to Citeh is its manufactured by the player going on strike and it results in a key regular start asset being stripped from an opponent to just polish a seat during match time. He would be best off heading to Spurs to replace Trippier. At least at Spurs he should get plenty of game time.

19 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The things I detest about the transfers like Mahrez to Citeh is its manufactured by the player going on strike and it results in a key regular start asset being stripped from an opponent to just polish a seat during match time. He would be best off heading to Spurs to replace Trippier. At least at Spurs he should get plenty of game time.

Hahahahaaa Mahrez as a right wing back? Astonishing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Sorry? You think he should be playing right back/right wing back?! lollollol

31 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Sorry pal but his defensive capability probably won't make that happen.

I just love how people once again believe anything the media put forward nowadays. I have seen no real evidence that Riyad is actually showing any signs of a wobbly and a wanting to move away from Man City. He posted a instagram yesterday with him smiling in training ffs. Clearly... unhappy.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I just love how people once again believe anything the media put forward nowadays. I have seen no real evidence that Riyad is actually showing any signs of a wobbly and a wanting to move away from Man City. He posted a instagram yesterday with him smiling in training ffs. Clearly... unhappy.

Depends how much you trust the journalist involved I suppose. If it was Percy who wrote that article I don’t think many on here would question it. Instagram posts mean nothing, he posted smiling pics in Leicester kit a week before and after going on strike.

24 minutes ago, Frost said:

If it was possible we should 100% bring him back. Imagine Mahrez this season instead of Gray? Think a lot of people forget how talented Mahrez is.

I think you've forgotten what a distraction he was for the last 2 years and how mostly off his game was. Do you think having him instead of Gray would have got us higher than a fight for 7th to 11th this season?

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think you've forgotten what a distraction he was for the last 2 years and how mostly off his game was. Do you think having him instead of Gray would have got us higher than a fight for 7th to 11th this season?

Even in his bad spells, he was still a regular starter and rightly so. I doubt he would have propelled us into 6th or higher, but he certainly could have made a difference and got us into 7th fairly comfortably. However, that is based on assumptions and basically, he isn't here anymore so we should all move on.

He made his choice to hunt for European football and trophies etc, fair play. If he know isn't happy, not really our problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FIF said:

How many goals and assists did he get in those last two years?

I don't get your point, would Mahrez take us into the Top 6? Not alone, we'd need another four quality players but what's against having better players than we have available currently?

Would he have contributed more than Gray? Yes, far more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frost said:

How many goals and assists did he get in those last two years?

I don't get your point, would Mahrez take us into the Top 6? Not alone, we'd need another four quality players but what's against having better players than we have available currently?

Would he have contributed more than Gray? Yes, far more.

I think he got less goals and assists in the prem in 16/17 than Maddison got this year. Yet he was older and far more experienced - in fact the reigning PFA.  If he'd have been here instead of Gray then we would have stunted Maddison's growth (if we even managed to buy him) and we certainly wouldn't have Tielemans.

I'm glad you admit that he wouldn't have got us in the top 6  - he didn't last season or the season before either - so I don't really see the point in losing out on Maddison and Tielemans this season. It's about the team and we're doing better better without him than we would've done with him (at least that's what we've just agreed isn't it?)

As for the Gray comparison. Gray has helped out in defence better than Mahrez would, Gray hasn't and doesn't cause disharmony in the team, Gray doesn't deprive Maddison and Tielemans of their opportunity which Mahrez would've done and Mahrez is 28, Gray 22.

Going forward we've got a decent looking team, better looking than the one that somehow won the title. Mahrez made his choice. A reunion wouldn't work. Move on.

1 hour ago, Frost said:

If it was possible we should 100% bring him back. Imagine Mahrez this season instead of Gray? Think a lot of people forget how talented Mahrez is.

But what price self respect?

You would just sweep his airport tantrums and his strike under the carpet because he was good?

Not for me.  I don't care who he is or who he thinks he is, as soon as the toys came out of the pram I wanted him gone and I don't want him back.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think he got less goals and assists in the prem in 16/17 than Maddison got this year. Yet he was older and far more experienced - in fact the reigning PFA.  If he'd have been here instead of Gray then we would have stunted Maddison's growth (if we even managed to buy him) and we certainly wouldn't have Tielemans.

I'm glad you admit that he wouldn't have got us in the top 6  - he didn't last season or the season before either - so I don't really see the point in losing out on Maddison and Tielemans this season. It's about the team and we're doing better better without him than we would've done with him (at least that's what we've just agreed isn't it?)

As for the Gray comparison. Gray has helped out in defence better than Mahrez would, Gray hasn't and doesn't cause disharmony in the team, Gray doesn't deprive Maddison and Tielemans of their opportunity which Mahrez would've done and Mahrez is 28, Gray 22.

Going forward we've got a decent looking team, better looking than the one that somehow won the title. Mahrez made his choice. A reunion wouldn't work. Move on.

You really are blinded by your dislike of Mahrez.

I've never before seen anyone even try and claim that Gray is better for the team than Mahrez.

You are truly deluded.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You really are blinded by your dislike of Mahrez.

I've never before seen anyone even try and claim that Gray is better for the team than Mahrez.

You are truly deluded.

not dislike. He's a good player. He's a far better player than Gray at the moment and possibly forever. Gray at 22 is better than Mahrez at 22 but that doesn't mean he'll even be a good prem player, it does mean he has the potential to be good for us for 10 years and if not we sell him. He certainly isn't the distraction that Mahrez was for the last 2 seasons and therefore as far as better for the team the jury's out but you seem to happily brush under the carpet have negatively Mahrez affected the team for the last 2 seasons. He isn't the Mahrez who had the wonder season in 15/16 - he's evolved from that and it cost us European football last season. We've moved on. We have maddison and hopefully Tielemans. You need to let go far more than I do.

I'm amazed that so many people accept the way he treated the club, the way he abused the fans for 2 seasons and still think he's the naive footballer who tried his heart out progressing each year through to the league title. If anyone is deluded I'd suggest it wasn't me. 

Still enough Mahrez talk - I need to waste my few daily posts elsewhere. 

You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day.

Edited by Guest
You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day.