Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Leicester without Mahrez

Well I do and I don’t feel sorry for him. He went to a big club with ambitions and for money and glory and he’s rarely got off the bench no matter how well he’s played and never got a run of games to cement a starting spot. So one out of two ain’t bad but his career is passing him by and now he just wants to play. I guess we’ll see how much he wants to play over salary as to whether he forces a move or not.

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well I do and I don’t feel sorry for him. He went to a big club with ambitions and for money and glory and he’s rarely got off the bench no matter how well he’s played and never got a run of games to cement a starting spot. So one out of two ain’t bad but his career is passing him by and now he just wants to play. I guess we’ll see how much he wants to play over salary as to whether he forces a move or not.

Perhaps he chats with Drinky alot and reminisces about 2015 /16? 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Danny sadly has lost the plot slightly - Mahrez is different gravy. Probably the most talented player to ever put on the Leicester shirt and would start on the wing in any other top six team in the Prem except seemingly Man City which is what makes it that extra bit harsh. Pep is ruining him.

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I predicted this with many others.

Greedy player's with higher expections than his ability never ends well.

Get ready for the airport strike with the Algerian Mahrez Massive !

Predicted what? Lack of game time? Literally nothing else has happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Danny sadly has lost the plot slightly - Mahrez is different gravy. Probably the most talented player to ever put on the Leicester shirt and would start on the wing in any other top six team in the Prem except seemingly Man City which is what makes it that extra bit harsh. Pep is ruining him.

I doubt pep saw the improvement in Bernardo silva which riyad’s arrival seems to have elicited.  A little like the way Chilwell spent the summer improving his athleticism and running power which has made a big difference.

if silva had remained last season’s version then riyad would have got a lot more game time and his performances would have responded.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You need more than his default trick - the change of direction -to succeed in a side like Man City.

He's good at it, but he doesn't have a whole lot more to offer. Working with others who are as good as him and often much better must have shredded his confidence. But rather than knuckling down and trying to improve he moans. 

Serms to be his nature. Harsh to blame Pep for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Best chance they get is when Man City and Chelsea play one another - only time they get a full 90 minutes!

Seriously though, it’s such a shame to see two of our best players from our title winning season not getting the best out of their footballing careers. It also says a lot about our title winning season- the team truly was greater than the sum of its parts

Edited by car1os
  • Haha 1

On 17/04/2019 at 02:55, MC Prussian said:

As much as I'm frustrated with Gray still myself, let's not forget that Mahrez joined us a few weeks before his 23rd birthday.

Gray is still only 22.

Love a bit of Macy Gray

Why if fit would you pick Marhez ahead of Bernardo Silva or Sterling? Both are better, more productive players both individually and for the team as a whole. Compared to these, Marhez is a poor one trick pony who didn't exactly take his chances against Spurs and Swansea. It's harsh to blame such a successful manager like Pep particularly when you see the committed performances of all his other players! Pep, for all the money they paid, possibly expects a bit more work ethic than what he gets from Marhez who continues to mince about with little overall contribution. If he can't improve under Pep surrounded by some of Europe's best players then he'll just fade into obscurity which is down to nobody else but himself and his attitude, or, he's found out quite simply that he was nowhere near as good as he thought himself to be. A legend in his own lunchtime.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

As a player I loved him. But his attitude is just spoilt brat. He will toss his toys out of the pram once to often. 

Time to grow up man up and stop being a fvcking baby. 

A 60, 000, 000 dollar baby.... 

Good film that! 

The man city move was always going to go either 2 ways, his talent is something we as Leicester fans have very very rarely seen, for us he was a big fish in a relatively small pond, he moves to man city and its been a massive fight for him to get game time, although hes had more then i thought he would given the form of bernardo silva and sterling, at the time i felt it was a bad move for his growth and felt he would have been better suited at a team like spurs or arsenal, for me he gets in those starting 11s week in week out, we all knew he was going at the end of last season, at the time i was gutted but understood his reasons, now i just feel "meh" about it all, dont get me wrong with riyad in this team the potential of what we could do is outstanding, but i dont feel weve struggled as much as people first feared

Guest Cujek

I think he thought the grass was greener. 

I doubt he is greedy or lazy or he wouldn't be moaning about playing time, unless he is on a massive appearance fee and it makes up a huge chunk of wages? 

I think there are a lot of people in his life to blame here, his agent whilst now rich must be a very bad advisor that genuinely only cares about lining his own pockets. 

At Leicester we could forgive poor performances and going missing during games because on his day he was a world beater. 

The problem at man City is that all of them are world beaters and able to take his place. 

Here he was an automatic pick and one of the top dogs, I don't blame anyone wanting to push for more for them selves, but to go to a top club and then start moaning about playing time, when you have been pretty ordinary when starting or coming on, shows a level of immaturity that needs to be stamped out of him. 

Pep Hasn't really helped saying he was `sad` for him, that just nurses his ego more. 

Tell it like it is, you have been ordinary and I have several world class players that can walk into your position at any point. 

I personally wouldn't have him back here, to much water has gone under the bridge and we have moved on and evolved, the whole of our game is not played down the right hoping Mahrez can cut in on his left and do something special anymore.

We loved you Mahrez, we did not like your immaturity on occasions. 

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

I said it a while ago and I’ll say it again, I’ve been told by my brother-in-law who knows somebody who mixes with footballers including Riyad he regrets leaving and would come back, it maybe BS granted but we should defo go back in for him, he is a position we need and we should defo make an offer, he maybe a spoilt brat but aren’t all footballers, he could be the difference that could get us Europe, I’d offer Man City £40m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I predicted this with many others.

Greedy player's with higher expections than his ability never ends well.

Get ready for the airport strike with the Algerian Mahrez Massive !

Higher expectations than his ability?

He was literally voted the best player in the Premier league 3 seasons ago and came 7th in the Ballon d'Or vote. His ability is more than good enough for a side like Man City, and his expectations of regular playing time are pretty justified.

It's hardly greedy that he wanted to test himself at a higher level than mid-table PL and the odd cup run - at the time that he left we were looking distinctly average under Puel so begrudging his desire to play at a higher level consistently is a bit harsh.

It's not worked out for him, but that's not because he's not good enough for them. Its because Man City are stockpiling an obscene amount of talent in those positions and he's not been able to break through (despite playing well). He's well and truly been made the scapegoat by their fans after the Anfield penalty miss, in the same way that our fans have responded to Ghezzal. It's almost like they want him to fail.

He'll move on fairly swiftly I imagine. Not to us (although I'd love it if he did) but somewhere abroad, most likely. If I remember right he was overlooked by PSG as a youngster and not keen on them, so he'll probably end up in Italy or Spain.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I said it a while ago and I’ll say it again, I’ve been told by my brother-in-law who knows somebody who mixes with footballers including Riyad he regrets leaving and would come back,

Yeah, my grandads ex girlfriend who knows a man who knows a footballer whos agent once told his ex who told my grandad that you are full of sh*t.

k thanks