Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Smiths a genius, looks like booing him made no difference, who've thought.

Spurred him on if anything.

Heard commentators say in his last 10 Ashes innings he's scored over 1000+ runs. Incredible.

2 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Smith seems to cope with pressure better than kohli.

Both have incredible resilience. Across all 3 formats Kohli is the more complete batsman for me but there's no doubting Smith is the best in tests

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Spurred him on if anything.

Heard commentators say in his last 10 Ashes innings he's scored over 1000+ runs. Incredible.

I found that hard to believe when I first heard it but apparently he has an average of 140 in ten innings against England, which I guess means the 1000+ runs you mention is actually 1400? Astonishing

EDIT: Source - article by Johnathan Agnew on BBC Sport

"His unbeaten 46 at Edgbaston on Saturday means across his past 10 innings against England he is averaging 145. Before his self-inflicted absence from Test cricket he was averaging 70 in his past three years of Test cricket."

Edited by stripeyfox

Just now, stripeyfox said:

I found that hard to believe when I first heard it but apparently he has an average of 140 in ten innings against England, which I guess means the 1000+ runs you mention is actually 1400? Astonishing

Yeah couldn't remember actual figure but out of the 10 he had about 5 tons, one of them including a double-ton.

Just now, Chiltern Fox said:

Was watching the ind vs wi 20/20 yesterday in Florida. It's amazing..wherever ind play, the fans will follow. I'd expect the same if they played Mongolia...

We're fvcking everywhere mate lol 

I've defended Moeen in the past and I think he's a damn good bowler given the correct conditions but today has shown that the captain clearly has zero faith in him being able to deliver in a situation where he should be the prime attacking option - and as such, what good does he do in the team?

Jimmy has stitched us up good and proper here tbh. Unless by some miracle we can run through them with the new ball I'd happily take the draw at this point and start again at Lords. Drop Moeen for Leach. Bairstow gets another crack because of his excellent World Cup form.