Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Can anybody see any circumstance where England bat all day?

If Root bats all day.

That shot Roy just played there, you are trying to save a test match and you play a shot like that?????

Want to have sympathy for Roy, but impossible to excuse that. Can see why he wants to go down the pitch but he should realise its not there to be hit and adapt his shot. Stinks of "I can't be arsed to bat for ages"

Will probably lose but make them bowl good balls to get you out for ****s sake.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

If Root bats all day.

That shot Roy just played there, you are trying to save a test match and you play a shot like that?????

Our team is full of them.

Village cricket stuff at times,I once batted if I remember rightly 40 overs for 75 because I needed to as wickets were falling left right and centre,and I wasn’t naturally a slow player or able to bat for 40/45 overs with my usual skills,but if needs must you try t least.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Village cricket stuff at times,I once batted if I remember rightly 40 overs for 75 because I needed to as wickets were falling left right and centre,and I wasn’t naturally a slow player or able to bat for 40/45 overs with my usual skills,but if needs must you try t least.

It's mad how people who are literally the best cricketers in the world can't clock that needs must at times. I get that you don't want to get yourself too bogged down by just defending everything, but that shot was inexcusable in the context of the game.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

The lack of mental toughness is bemusing, a few years ago we saved a test match at lunch 5 down in New Zealand now we don't have players who even seem to want to bat for time.

What is Denly doing reviewing that as well? He knows he has hit it.

Edited by MattP

Denly must be exhausted from bowling forever yesterday. Really can't see a way out of this at this stage, Bairstow and Alli are so out of form and Buttler has hardly shone recently either. Effectively leaves a lot of pressure on one or both of Stokes and Root to see it through, which I just cannot see. 

No real sign of rain either :thumbdown:

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

This will be done by mid-afternoon I expect now, Lyon gone run through the left handers to come. Stokes could have a big say if he digs in but he struggles against spin.

I think that's quite optimistic!