Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Being a bowler down as probably cost us this match and Moeen should have caused more problems than he did. Batters did well enough first innings and they shouldn't have to chase 400 when you had a first innings lead.

Agree with this, don't think it's all doom and gloom tbh, just a storm of circumstance that (hopefully) won't be repeated with Archer and Leach in the side next match.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Agree with this, don't think it's all doom and gloom tbh, just a storm of circumstance that (hopefully) won't be repeated with Archer and Leach in the side next match.

I hope Archer is fit enough, but I suspect he was always fitter than Anderson. Moeen should never have been picked. He hasn't been able to bat for a while now, and he is clearly not our best spinner. (I'd be over the moon to be proved wrong today regarding batting.).

The selectors got it wrong imo.

46 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

True but the Anderson debacle has hit us hard.

An injury to one bowler really shouldn't turn a team in to this. 

Regardless of struggles in the field, this has been ****ing limp from England today with the bat. 

I was asking Matt and VB how much a difference it was for Roy to open in a test to an ODI and he's given a prime example of what they were talking about earlier. What's he tried to smash Lyon out of the ground for when he needs to be treating his wicket as sacred? 

Edited by Finnegan

It was so painfully obvious that England were going to just crumble today, seen it so many times before. It’s a very weak batting line up unfortunately, I thought the bowling attacks would edge this series and I think Australia just about shade that. Cummins and Pattinson are incredibly disciplined bowlers, as well as quick. Siddle pure line and length and Lyon is a much better spinner than we’ve ever produced. 

Edited by Manini

So ....Someways I will excuse...Roy,Bairstow...Stokes

But...Ali...batting and again pathetic Bowling ,Lyons has shown him up...!.!

The buts!! And Big buts are on  Denly, Butler ,(defending his wicket) und again Ali....!!!

So Foakes,comes in as a batter. And stays for the Next 4 tests...

Leach...as our  Spin Bowling option...

Curran..bowler-batter,at present form,can outdo Butler..

Archer for Anderson....even with a few Days between tests.....Anderson shouldnt Think about the 2nd Test.!!!

Woakes or Stone ,in London....????.

Now Watch Ali & Woakes Save the Test...!!!

Butler & Woakes,have that turn of magic...but for the Next Test...At least One goes...

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

An injury to one bowler really shouldn't turn a team in to this. 

Regardless of struggles in the field, this has been ****ing limp from England today with the bat. 

I was asking Matt and VB how much a difference it was for Roy to open in a test to an ODI and he's given a prime example of what they were talking about earlier. What's he tried to smash Lyon out of the ground for when he needs to be treating his wicket as sacred? 

I can excuse Roy...even to an extent Denley,But after several needed Top Bowling stats,Moen as failed Not once or twices,but 4-8,times!!!

Roy sti!l gets My nod,with a massive Wrist slap.....but also some encouragement. To see if he can Develope und learn....

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

That's the last time we'll see Moeen for a while.

Should be the last time we see Bairstow for a bit as well.

His batting in test matches has been poor for a decent period now, and his keeping isn't tidy enough to prefer him over Foakes. 

You could argue that Denly, Buttler, Moeen and Bairstow should not play the next match. There lies the problem, too much inconsistencies, too many out of form, and not enough quality to replace. Feel for Bairstow and Buttler because they've barely played any red ball cricket for ages and then suddenly they're in the ashes. Think both could do with a rest, Buttler in particular should be batting at 7 for me.