Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

4 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Thank you for the info. Just looking at his goals and assists, it seems he is more than a finisher than providing assists for others. Is that due to him being greedy or your other attacking players not finishing the chances he creates? 

He’s fairly greedy yeh, but he has to be with how many goals he scores. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Smacks of a city signing, great 12 months under his belt and spurs/man u linked with him for 40m next summer!

He has the potential mate, he’s a bit like Vardy in the sense he works like mad, gets better and better every year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You're in for £25-30m this summer. £15-20m for Bowen from us and then another £10m when we flog Maguire to one of the Manc teams for £65m. Hope your chairman doesn't trouser it all though, you deserve better than that prat.

He’s pocketing it mate, it’s gutting to be honest, such a opportunity missed. Some of the players we have had over the past 3-4 years and we can’t even afford or want to afford 500k for a centre half front Oldham. Absolutely toxic and we will be lucky to get 6k attendance next season. People have had enough.

Robertson, Maguire, Bowen, Grosicki, Snodgrass, James and Odubajo.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 23/05/2019 at 10:36, Ric Flair said:

Wilson is almost a Lallana type player who in a 4-3-3 might play in the central midfield 3 or either a 10 or on the right, very versatile player. Astonished Liverpool are even considering selling him, he's surely ideal to slot in their squad and shift on Lallana and probably Milner.

That’s what I presumed, seems a strange one to have a ready made replacement for you likes of Lallana in the academy but then instead going to spend money on a replacement instead.

• 1 month later...

Bump!!  Sorry to get everyone’s hopes up but I think without being ITK that we’ll get this guy.  Just fits with ethos of young, English and a player not currently being mentioned in the media in relation to being linked with ya.  We sometimes seem to be linked with A, B and C then quickly we sign Z from nowhere without media prior knowledge 

2 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Bump!!  Sorry to get everyone’s hopes up but I think without being ITK that we’ll get this guy.  Just fits with ethos of young, English and a player not currently being mentioned in the media in relation to being linked with ya.  We sometimes seem to be linked with A, B and C then quickly we sign Z from nowhere without media prior knowledge 

Great bump knob head.

• Haha 1

Arsenal now in for this guy according to The S*n.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9414469/arsenal-transfer-news-jarrod-bowen-hull-12m/

£12m seems a low bid though. In fact, a lot of talk this window about lots different players has involved huge transfer fees, only for the actual bids to end up being pretty low in comparison. Arsenal bidding £40m for Zaha, for example, is laughable considering what Palace want for him. Are the traditionally 'big' clubs just going in with low offers hoping the bids themselves will force a transfer request and they'll get their deals cheaper, purely because they're the 'big' clubs?

I'd really like us to make a move for this lad. He was outstanding last season and would be a low risk signing as even if he struggled we'd more than likely break even. At 22 he also fits the mould of the type of player we have started to recruit in recent times and I genuinely think we could develop him further. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Been wanting him for a while. Fits our mould completely. I don’t see one reason why we shouldn’t go for him.

I'm quicker than him running backwards, with cramp and one foot in a bear trap. 

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

why would he run backwards, with cramp and one foot in a bear trap?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Did you still have cramp and were stuck in a trap in this picture? You seem happy enough, so guessing not?

image.jpeg.b66147a2927a645066c1c736b2eb9669.jpeg

Keeping a close eye on this, we could quite wisely offer Hull around £12m for him which is much lower than what they'd want for him but remind them that we are under no pressure to sell Maguire where they'd get another £5-10m if we did so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Keeping a close eye on this, we could quite wisely offer Hull around £12m for him which is much lower than what they'd want for him but remind them that we are under no pressure to sell Maguire where they'd get another £5-10m if we did so.

That"s actually impressed me Ric in a sly, acute business and ruthless sort of way!

• Like 2

Guest SO1

Really hope this happens. Direct and fighting mentality. Love to see all the space he creates on the right side playing on to his left foot.

The one downside is that Ricardo will be leaving next summer with the goals and assists from all the runs he'll be making into that space.

The aggressive 1v1 runs are exactly what we need to create havoc in the box. Happily Brainwashed :)

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Really hope this happens. Direct and fighting mentality. Love to see all the space he creates on the right side playing on to his left foot.

The one downside is that Ricardo will be leaving next summer with the goals and assists from all the runs he'll be making into that space.

The aggressive 1v1 runs are exactly what we need to create havoc in the box. Happily Brainwashed :)

Looks like a more aggressive but less technical Knockaert. Mehh

I have a friend who is a hull city fan, he reckons they want £12m upfront with £3m in potential add ons & 10% on any future sale. I would be all over this personally. He said that the lad is still raw & arguably should of got 30 goals this season but said he’s a serious talent. He said don’t worry about the lack of pace his movement off the ball makes up for it. also said that he is massively underrated with regards to creativity, he has the eye for killer passes supposedly.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I have a friend who is a hull city fan, he reckons they want £12m upfront with £3m in potential add ons & 10% on any future sale. I would be all over this personally. He said that the lad is still raw & arguably should of got 30 goals this season but said he’s a serious talent. He said don’t worry about the lack of pace his movement off the ball makes up for it. also said that he is massively underrated with regards to creativity, he has the eye for killer passes supposedly.

I'd just pay 17m upfront without a sell on clause.