Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

A bit like James Maddison and David Brooks at Bournemouth, this guy is well worth a punt. We are crying out for a wide player who can bag goals since Mahrez left, so Bowen would well be worth a try given his age.

If we don't get him, another Premier League team will. And if we don't get him, we need someone of a similar profile. E.g. a wide player who puts up serious numbers for assists and goals.

• Like 1

Given the fact that one of the first things out of Rodgers mouth when he walked through the door here us that he wanted wingers who can score, I'd be very surprised if we don't make an effort to sign this lad. 

• Like 1

Young 

English 

Winger ✓

Scores goals

Hopefully ours soon.

I like our approach to recruiting these days. Got to chase after more young local talent and build something from there. Manchester United in the Nineties springs to mind. Try to emulate that and we'll be just fine.

• Like 3

You won't go far wrong signing the best young players in the Championship especially if they're British. Sell Gray and Ghezzal in the summer and bring in Bowen and Dan James and let these two and Albrighton and Barnes fight it out for the first team.

We have too much dead wood in the squad and I'd like to see us thin it out by getting rid of players who offer nothing anymore and maybe have a more streamlined squad but with players who offer something. 

Signings like Bowen especially you can't really lose as even if he fails you'll as good as get your money back from a Championship side as what ambitious Championship side wouldn't want a wide attacking player who has scored over 20 goals in a season. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You'd have to take it at £15mil. I thought it'd be more than that.

Absolutely, parachute payments running out though and not really knocking on the door of promotion. Although that was the exact same boat with Maddison and Norwich and we had to break the record for a football league player, either way he's worth a punt at that.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely, parachute payments running out though and not really knocking on the door of promotion. Although that was the exact same boat with Maddison and Norwich and we had to break the record for a football league player, either way he's worth a punt at that.

Have we got the record for both the football league and non-league? lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A bit like James Maddison and David Brooks at Bournemouth, this guy is well worth a punt. We are crying out for a wide player who can bag goals since Mahrez left, so Bowen would well be worth a try given his age.

If we don't get him, another Premier League team will. And if we don't get him, we need someone of a similar profile. E.g. a wide player who puts up serious numbers for assists and goals.

Would love us to sign Brooks, has really impressed me this season but I imagine we have missed the boat.  Regarding Bowen I think at the right price he would definitely be worth the risk.  X