Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Idiots abound... We've turned down plenty of huge offers (65 million for Maguire, 90 million for Mahrez) because we weren't ready to let our players go. What on earth makes him think we'd let Maddison go for 50 million when we could develop him another 1-2 years and get closer to double that? If anyone leaves this summer, it's Maguire.

Did we actually receive offers like this or was it paper talk?

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Did we actually receive offers like this or was it paper talk?

No smoke without fire, Man City were definitely bidding large amounts during the winter window (probably a lot more than what they ended up paying for him, as at the time they had winger injuries), and there was a lot of talk about Maguire to United, with Puel even coming out to say we wouldn't sell. Probably off of the exact prices but it's one time I wouldn't be surprised at the papers being along the right lines

Been watching loads of videos of him and I’m concerned about his lack of pace, don’t think I saw him pass a single player and he got caught quite easily. Your average premier league full back might be a step too far for him!

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 22:28, Babylon said:

Been watching loads of videos of him and I’m concerned about his lack of pace, don’t think I saw him pass a single player and he got caught quite easily. Your average premier league full back might be a step too far for him!

He sees the opportunity to counter as he is being pressed heavily. This is what separates him from Championship players; his level of flair and speed combines to make a Premier League winger. Such quick decision making sees him break away down the pitch, and as he is quite fast, no one catches him.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/jarrod-bowen-player-analysis-hull-city-statistics

Sprint Speed 78

https://www.fifaindex.com/player/224371/jarrod-bowen/

Gerrimin!

Edited by Steven
  • Like 1

As I've said before, he isn't as slow as people think. He's got a bit of Shaqiri about him where the style of play makes him look a bit clumpy and not a graceful runner but what he has in abundance is his positioning in attacking areas and his finishing is top level.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As I've said before, he isn't as slow as people think. He's got a bit of Shaqiri about him where the style of play makes him look a bit clumpy and not a graceful runner but what he has in abundance is his positioning in attacking areas and his finishing is top level.

I wonder why he hasn’t been tried as a forward or like a shadow striker he may come across more affective in that role? 

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I wonder why he hasn’t been tried as a forward or like a shadow striker he may come across more affective in that role? 

He plays as a very narrow right winger, often taking up positions as a number 10. The article above highlights how effective he is defensively as well though which is a huge asset to have in either a 10 role or out wide, seems to press all over the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He plays as a very narrow right winger, often taking up positions as a number 10. The article above highlights how effective he is defensively as well though which is a huge asset to have in either a 10 role or out wide, seems to press all over the pitch.

Thinking about it more & reading more in depth I just feel he would be better in a 10 role with us rather than a winger. Having said that aswell though, I think personally I would prefer Wilson in that role.

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Thinking about it more & reading more in depth I just feel he would be better in a 10 role with us rather than a winger. Having said that aswell though, I think personally I would prefer Wilson in that role.

Wilson is almost a Lallana type player who in a 4-3-3 might play in the central midfield 3 or either a 10 or on the right, very versatile player. Astonished Liverpool are even considering selling him, he's surely ideal to slot in their squad and shift on Lallana and probably Milner.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Good for them, but I'll trust my own eyes and after spending far more time than I should have watching him, he was slow enough to have me worried. To suggest no-one catches him is laughable, he literally got caught on pretty much every clip. But a bit of decent footwork bought him some space, I'm not sure premier league players will be fooled so easily. 

26 minutes ago, Hull Tiger said:

Hull Fan coming in peace.

You have every right to worry about Bowen’s pace, however towards the end of the season his strong run power and ability to beat a man has come on no end, proving its not just his goals that he has. He has also improved his right foot, and has unbelievable work ethic, he can actually tackle and win the ball back. Have a look at his assist against Ipswich runs the length of the pitch with the ball beats about 6 men.

Don’t be playing him anywhere but the right wing though usually in a three, Ive always fancied him in the middle because he’s a clever player, but won’t run in behind a great deal and he’s never really had chance.

He is without a doubt leaving, no chance our money grabbing chairmen won’t accept an offer anything like 15 million Id say.

I rate him more than Barnes and Wilson this year, if he kicks on like he has. But I didn’t think Robertson had it to play at elite level defensively, shows what I know.

Thank you for the info. Just looking at his goals and assists, it seems he is more than a finisher than providing assists for others. Is that due to him being greedy or your other attacking players not finishing the chances he creates? 

28 minutes ago, Hull Tiger said:

You have every right to worry about Bowen’s pace, however towards the end of the season his strong run power and ability to beat a man has come on no end, proving its not just his goals that he has. He has also improved his right foot, and has unbelievable work ethic, he can actually tackle and win the ball back. Have a look at his assist against Ipswich runs the length of the pitch with the ball beats about 6 men.

Don’t be playing him anywhere but the right wing though usually in a three, Ive always fancied him in the middle because he’s a clever player, but won’t run in behind a great deal and he’s never really had chance.

He is without a doubt leaving, no chance our money grabbing chairmen won’t accept an offer anything like 15 million Id say.

I rate him more than Barnes and Wilson this year, if he kicks on like he has. But I didn’t think Robertson had it to play at elite level defensively, shows what I know.

Any rumours about him coming to us in your neck of the woods?

31 minutes ago, Hull Tiger said:

You're in for £25-30m this summer. £15-20m for Bowen from us and then another £10m when we flog Maguire to one of the Manc teams for £65m. Hope your chairman doesn't trouser it all though, you deserve better than that prat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hull Tiger said:

So you're saying the FIFA index might not be right... who'd have thought!!!  lol