Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Langston said:

People moaning we aren't being mentioned enough clearly haven't seen the do they mean us thread over the past fortnight, we're rightly being praised, as are (again, rightly) Chelsea 

The specific annoyance mentioned above was about Darren Fletcher talking on Chelsea going to 2nd with a win, but could be back to 3rd if Man City get a result. Completely ignoring the fact if we win we go back above Chelsea. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The specific annoyance mentioned above was about Darren Fletcher talking on Chelsea going to 2nd with a win, but could be back to 3rd if Man City get a result. Completely ignoring the fact if we win we go back above Chelsea. 

I was speaking in general rather than in reference to the post mentioned mate, which was valid

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

People moaning we aren't being mentioned enough clearly haven't seen the do they mean us thread over the past fortnight, we're rightly being praised, as are (again, rightly) Chelsea 

I've never known us get so much coverage in the media and football world in general (apart from the title win obvs)

Everything I read and hear is comparing this side to the title winning team and pretty much saying we're nailed on top 4.

It's nice and all that but it feels like extra pressure and expectation on us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

I was speaking in general rather than in reference to the post mentioned mate, which was valid

Fair enough then pal, but I agree with your point. We are getting huge plaudits for our style etc. 

My only irk is the fact Chelsea, United all get plaudits for playing a young side and their academies, whereas we rarely get both but that's a minor thing 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've never known us get so much coverage in the media and football world in general (apart from the title win obvs)

Everything I read and hear is comparing this side to the title winning team and pretty much saying we're nailed on top 4.

It's nice and all that but it feels like extra pressure and expectation on us.

10 minutes ago, Langston said:

The title win seems to have put a floor under media perception of us.  We’re no longer some invading, weirdly mutated Freak Show.  We’re a very well run club with one  of the better squads, and that much is now taken at face value.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Dier already sounds like he won’t be on the pitch for 90 mins he is aweful 

He's had an issue with appendicitis for quite a while and his immune system is shot to bits. Amazed he's playing tbh

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11857141/tottenhams-eric-dier-reveals-battle-with-illness

VAR really fvcks up football on the radio.

Listening to TalkSport they go to a second goal at Burnley, commentator explains it all, 2-0 etc.

Back to the studio, Durham and the rest waxing lyrical about Burnley for a minute and how it's game over etc.

Back to Turf Moor, VAR review, no goal, back to 1-0

:rolleyes:

Just now, surrifox said:

What is going on West Ham ?- they’ve made some decent signings and have a proven successful manager but they’re pretty useless at the moment 

Heard an interesting interview with Zabaletta saying they’re mentally not tough enough. All stems from the League Cup defeat at Oxford and their confidence is shot.

• Thanks 1