Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I don’t know how clear their video was but the one they’re showing on nbc with all the parallel lines was all fuzzy and it just looked like the shadow of the wingers boot.

That is absurd. I’m in the “offsides is offsides camp” and have no problem with tight decisions. But there has to be conclusive evidence. What they are doing to determine offsides - by drawing lines off angle and lining up what seems to be wrong body parts - I don’t understand. I have an idea. If you are looking at the video and need to draw a line to tell if it’s offsides or not - then the call stands. 

Edited by Bats8711
Grammar
  • Like 1

Just now, Bats8711 said:

That is absurd. I’m in the “offsides is offsides camp” and have no problem with tight decisions. But there has to be conclusive evidence. What they are doing to determine offsides - by drawing lines off angle and lining up what seems to be wrong body parts - I don’t understand. I have an idea. If you are looking at the video and need to draw a line to tell if it’s offsides are not - then the call stands. 

Agreed, it is a good decision either way to me by the linesman in real time. Just need to determine the 'margin for error' for such calls.