Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I mean...I literally mentioned ejaculate in my last post I don’t think I could make it anymore black and white 

I refuse to debate Jose Mourinho’s merits as a manager - I’m not having that he’s lost it completely after a bad spell at United. Listen to the bloke himself “my greatest achievement, finishing 2nd with Man United”. 

Its a very good point, very well made. I'm convinced.

Gerrimin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Considering the Man Utd job... I'm sure Spurs will be happy with 2nd lol

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

I mean...I literally mentioned ejaculate in my last post I don’t think I could make it anymore black and white 

I refuse to debate Jose Mourinho’s merits as a manager - I’m not having that he’s lost it completely after a bad spell at United. Listen to the bloke himself “my greatest achievement, finishing 2nd with Man United”. 

What I said an hour ago lol

The problem with Mourinho isn't just the fact he appears to have stopped evolving as a manager - it's the mess he has the potential of leaving behind after he's blamed everyone else but him for it going wrong.

He might be able to do a good job somewhere again but he's a huge gamble.

Just now, trabuch said:

Wenger to Spurs. Is it right that the last manager who won them a cup was George Graham?

Ha Ha would love to see the melt down all across North London if that happened. Would confirm the the whole world has gone completely mad.

Just now, Gerard said:

I don't know if any news has leaked but Mourinho is now about 1/2 on Betfair after being 6/4 about 20 mins ago.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.165322801

bookies are never wrong must be a done deal.............. oh hang on did someone say something about 5000/1.

Seriously though in this case i think they probably have an inside track. sure spurs have already lined someone up otherwise the whole thib makes no sense

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Had to check, as I thought it was Martin Jol but it was under Juande Ramos where they won another. 

Good point. Thanks. Sky are going big on Mou. Anti football coming to the toilet bowl. It will suit Kane.

Edited by trabuch

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't know if any news has leaked but Mourinho is now about 1/2 on Betfair after being 6/4 about 20 mins ago.

TBH I actually thought Spurs did it now because Spain had also just sacked their manager for the previous one.

Makes timing sense. 

But if it's Mou... Oh well.

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If that's the case, I feel for Spurs fans. I can't imagine Jose will have that much of a budget in January -- I mean, he's certainly not gonna get a rebuild at January prices budget. He's just so toxic right now -- destroyed the locker room at his last two clubs. If so, glad we are playing them in May, when the stink will really be festering.

Of course, the odds could just being moved by idiots betting on him early, and the bookies needing to even out their ledgers. 

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

So Levy, who famously isn't keen to spend £££, is going for Mourinho. Expensive to appoint, will want to sign older players with little sell on value, then expensive to sack when it all goes wrong. Curious. 

Smacks of desperation.

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

This is fascinating. You have Spurs, Man U, Arsenal all expecting to be able to draw the "best" managers and players (just because "we are who we are") and Leicester - little Leicester - have ****ed them royally. Not only by winning the league (hahahaha) but by proving that a genuinely well run club can take those arrogant ****ers out.  I used to think Southampton might do it, or Everton. But we've done it (for now - I'm drunk - not deluded)

Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs currently are all interested in making profit. Well... Tbh have been for years.

Our owners on the other hand aren't bothered by making more money. They're already billionaires. So they've put winning and glory as the priority, not returns and dividends. 

Which is the wisest and best option really as with victory comes the spoils.

The supposed "Big teams" all busy trying to maximise their corporate revenue streams without realising the money will come when you focus on being the best there is. They're all greed focused and not glory focused.

So they can have all the greed. Leicester shall take all the Glory. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Our owners on the other hand aren't bothered by making more money. They're already billionaires. So they've put winning and glory as the priority, not returns and dividends. 

Which is the wisest and best option really as with victory comes the spoils.

The supposed "Big teams" all busy trying to maximise their corporate revenue streams without realising the money will come when you focus on being the best there is. They're all greed focused and not glory focused.

So they can have all the greed. Leicester shall take all the Glory. 

Funny thing is, our net spend over the past two years combined has been under 30 million.