Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Let’s just see how much money Levy gives him in the transfer window, if it’s some outrageous amount which I don’t think it will be, then why did Poch not get it.

And how many of the current spurs squad will be looking over their shoulder to see who he buys and thinking is it time for me to make a move before I find myself on the bench.

Golden boy Kane will still be there sucking up to him and dreaming of all the cups he’s going to win.

He will be gone in 18 months you herd it here first.

This is a strange one. obviously a done deal and Jose already lined up just waiting for the trigger to be pulled on Poch.

The blame for players wanting to run down their contracts seems to be being laid squarely at Levy's door but I am not so sure. There has been something wrong there for a while and I think that Poch had lost them hence why they all wanted away and their performances since the turn of the year certainly suggest a lack of motivation.

Levy was obviously reluctant to sell, as that would have meant buying replacements, but, by not offering decent pay rises that those players felt they deserved, they refused to sign new contracts and hence the situation they now find themselves in. Rose coming out and saying that he will run down his contract like the others smacks of an attitude that they want to deliberately hit the club (ie Levy) in the wallet as payback for paying poor wages and not giving them the recognition they feel they deserve.

Really cannot see Jose turning this around. Those players minds are made up, there will still be a mass exodus unless Levy puts his hand in his pocket but I think it has gone past that now.  There is a massive rebuilding job to do, somewhat akin to what we had to go through under Puel and I see some similarities. Ageing squad, Jose brought in to steady the ship and rebuild, the only difference is he will want to spend big whereas we looked to the academy and bought young prospects and nurtured them.

This could go either way and it will be an interesting watch from the outside. Also don't be surprised when OGS is shown the door and Poch rocks up at Old Trafford before xmas

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Great appointment for Spurs but crazy that he has gone there really, it is amazing how much his stock has fallen.

The thing is with Jose is that he works best when he can create an underdog narrative to deliver wins. At clubs with resources but in the next tier down (Inter, Chelsea) this works perfectly as they are happy to win stuff and mix it with the top tier. The problem is that it doesn't work at clubs like Manchester United and Madrid because the whole attitude of the club is not just about winning but about dominating and Mourinho is way too pragmatic to deliver that - how he wins is not important to him, he just wants to win. 

I can't see him getting loads to spend so he must be fairly confident he can work with what he has - I would expect them to look at bringing in a bit more steel in midfield which they have needed for a while and probably try and sort the full backs out. If he makes them more solid and lets Kane take his 15 shots a game they will be fine. A Jose managed team with a striker like Kane who can get 20-30 league goals a season are very dangerous.

This last bit is very true. Anyone who thinks this is a bad appointment for Spurs is going to be in for a nasty suprise. They will definitely finish top 4 now this season and I fully expect them to win at least one trophy, probably the FA Cup.

This is bad news for teams such as us as it would have been better for Spurs to continue to flounder this season. He will be given money to recruit, he wouldn't have gone there otherwise, and I expect them to spend big in Januery.

Yes the football will be duller but the guy is a winner and will sadly transform Spurs.

• Like 1

Kane off to Real Madrid or Bayern in the summer for £150-200M to fund a rebuild of their defence and midfield.  Can see Jose and Alli falling out very quickly. petulant children both.

We should slap a bid in for Son in January.  We need a good wide player who can also play in a central role if needed and chip in 10-12 goals a seaason

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Pochettino’s Legacy:

13 minutes on top of the league in 5 years. 
Came third in a two horse race. 
Officially the dirtiest team in Premier League history.
Put the pressure on Chelsea, who didn’t seem to notice.

Something about net spend.

Wembley.

Cheese room.

Shiny new stadium etc.

Fluked his way to a Champions League Final. 
Spent a whole 30 seconds level in said final.

“Audi Cup Champions 2019, you’ll never sing that”.

Worst home defeat in Champions League history.

Total bottlejob. 

And the brain-dead hacks said he was going to be the next manager of Utd. , Real , Bayern etc. etc.etc. If you lose four in row these days they will call for your head . Brendan watch out.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

New boss, worse than the old boss...

(It's a misquote from an old song, for those under 50...)

Who will take a bow to the new revolution, pick up the ball and play, they Won't get fooled again !

No, No.

37 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Kane off to Real Madrid or Bayern in the summer for £150-200M to fund a rebuild of their defence and midfield.  Can see Jose and Alli falling out very quickly. petulant children both.

We should slap a bid in for Son in January.  We need a good wide player who can also play in a central role if needed and chip in 10-12 goals a seaason

By Spurs fans' valuations of our players, we should be able to get Son for a cool £720k, and he should expect a good £3k per week. Gerrimin

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Yeah I can see us signing Son tbf 

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7705673/Jose-Mourinhos-arrival-month-pipeline-Spurs-manager-shock-unfolded.html

Interesting:

REVEALED: Brendan Rodgers was Tottenham's first choice before turning to Jose Mourinho.

From the article... 

Levy enquired about Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers but was told prising him away from the King Power Stadium would be impossible so turned to Jose Mourinho. 

Basically Top told them to do one lol

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 4

Guest An Sionnach
11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah I can see us signing Son tbf 

Hope we have got 70million then , no way Mourinho let's him go .

16 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7705673/Jose-Mourinhos-arrival-month-pipeline-Spurs-manager-shock-unfolded.html

Interesting:

REVEALED: Brendan Rodgers was Tottenham's first choice before turning to Jose Mourinho.

Losing out to us again, when does it stop being embarrassing for them :brendan_still:. can't wait to see Kane put in a transfer request. I'm a top England striker get me OUT OF HERE!.

This is a reverse Mourinho job if I've ever seen one. I'm not sure if it's a good fit.

Mostly it's Jose that usually leaves a club and dressing room in disrepair, but this time he's coming into a situation where it's already in disrepair.

He's going to have to bring out the very best of his man management skills to get that dressing room onside after so many reports of Poch losing it.

But everything here right now is just speculation. Some people think he'll make them winners. Some have doubts. I'm part of the latter category but the only thing any of us can do is wait and see. Unless we're all bookmakers or something, being right or wrong doesn't really matter.

• Like 1