Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The first MP to lose his seat?! Maybe not helped by HK scoring, this season, 10 in 6 for England, but only 6 in 11 in the PL for Spuds, if I'm not mistaken.

Let’s hope that Spurs don’t want to get BRexit done

38 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Could be the biggest fvck up in football history. Half the players want to leave and the other half love Pochettino. Imagine if he went Utd and took half the team with him. OGS the next manager to get sacked

not to soon eh! 

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Revisionism 

13/14: 6th

12/13: 5th

11/12: 4th

10/11: 5th

09/10: 4th

Sorry to bring you facts .......I know it doesn’t fit too well on here sometimes ........

Good post,  they were doing better than i thought.  i reckon he moved them up a level, though. Would there have bern a 'Big 6' in 13/14? It was probably big 3 or 4 then, no?

1 minute ago, Eamonn said:

Good post,  they were doing better than i thought.  i reckon he moved them up a level, though. Would there have bern a 'Big 6' in 13/14? It was probably big 3 or 4 then, no?

No, think it was the Big 4 then still.

Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. 

I knew that spell at United would ruin Jose’s credibility to a certain degree, but some of the comments I’ve seen from Spurs fans and you’d think he was basically Ian Holloway. If I was a spurs fan and we were being linked with ****ing Jose Mourinho I think I’d, quite frankly, cum in my undies. Say what you like about the bloke but he’s one of the greatest managers of a generation and 100% would take them to the next level if they trusted him. They don’t ****ing deserve a manager like that the scruffy little ***** 

Edited by Manini

Just now, OadbyBlue said:

Nah Man City had broken that wide open by that point, the “big 4” died by 2009

Oh shit yeah. Forgot the whole last stand by Fergie against the noisy neighbours.

Tbf though, was busy being bothered with League One at the time more than the Prem, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Oh shit yeah. Forgot the whole last stand by Fergie against the noisy neighbours.

Tbf though, was busy being bothered with League One at the time more than the Prem, unfortunately. 

And we seem to win everywhere we go - no matter how low - no matter how high. Say it quietly (we're going to win the Champions league one day). But in the meantime - the FA Cup would be nice. 

Back on topic. I'd love it if we could get Serge Gnabry when we eventually need to replace JV. (I'm so drunk and overly optimistic - but this happened a lot in 2015/16 too)

9 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Yeah i looked it up and was surprised by how open the top 4 was from like 09-13, from the outside looking in it seemed like a closed shop with only Man City and their billions able to break it but spurs everton and even newcastle were all up there and abouts.

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

I knew that spell at United would ruin Jose’s credibility to a certain degree, but some of the comments I’ve seen from Spurs fans and you’d think he was basically Ian Holloway. If I was a spurs fan and we were being linked with ****ing Jose Mourinho I think I’d, quite frankly, cum in my undies. Say what you like about the bloke but he’s one of the greatest managers of a generation and 100% would take them to the next level if they trusted him. They don’t ****ing deserve a manager like that the scruffy little ***** 

But that's the problem - the greatest manager of a generation...and then stopped evolving. He (weirdly) became very old fashioned, very stale and very predictable very quickly.

He will be at a club for a few years, spend stupid money on old players (6' plus only, please), ignore the youth, snarl, divide the dressing room, fall out with...(take your pick from press/fans /owners) whilst playing fvcking awful awful football...and then swan off into the sunset with his pockets bulging with barely earned cash.

Guy is toxic.

Would you want him at your club?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Yeah i looked it up and was surprised by how open the top 4 was from like 09-13, from the outside looking in it seemed like a closed shop with only Man City and their billions able to break it but spurs everton and even newcastle were all up there and abouts.

It's been so long I'd forgotten that it was Mancini that managed them... 

1 minute ago, Milo said:

But that's the problem - the greatest manager of a generation...and then stopped evolving. He (weirdly) became very old fashioned, very stale and very predictable very quickly.

He will be at a club for a few years, spend stupid money on old players (6' plus only, please), ignore the youth, snarl, divide the dressing room, fall out with...(take your pick from press/fans /owners) whilst playing fvcking awful awful football...and then swan off into the sunset with his pockets bulging with barely earned cash.

Guy is toxic.

I'd want him at Tottenham :ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Guy is toxic.

Exactly. Would you want Wenger at your club (arguably a better manager - won less - but spent less, and played much more attractive football)

1 minute ago, Milo said:

I mean...I literally mentioned ejaculate in my last post I don’t think I could make it anymore black and white 

I refuse to debate Jose Mourinho’s merits as a manager - I’m not having that he’s lost it completely after a bad spell at United. Listen to the bloke himself “my greatest achievement, finishing 2nd with Man United”. 

• Haha 1