Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No way Nuno would leave. As @The Bear said the other week, Nuno basically has the full backing of the board and everyone is his man or team member. He's loved there and given a free reign and how he wants to run the team, why leave? 

Think you’re right, not sure Spurs have the pull to take Rodgers or Nuno right now.

Sky Sports reporting it's likely going to be Jose.... he will win them cup but give it a couple of years it will all unravell. Mourhino just not been the same since Madrid. The only thing I can say is perhaps maybe the pressure will be off him, unlike at United, Chelsea or Madrid who'd already won all the major silver to be won and couldn't really better that. Spurs are still yet to make there mark. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sky Sports reporting it's likely going to be Jose.... he will win them cup but give it a couple of years it will all unravell. Mourhino just not been the same since Madrid. The only thing I can say is perhaps maybe the pressure will be off him, unlike at United, Chelsea or Madrid who'd already won all the major silver to be won and couldn't really better that. Spurs are still yet to make there mark. 

Considering the Man Utd job... I'm sure Spurs will be happy with 2nd lol

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Probably was said in jest as you say, but you can imagine that it still rankles with him (snigger).

I think he is forgetting that Spurs not only finished 11 points behind us, but also finished behind Arsenal.

“Our title”? He can shove that where it hurts, jest or no jest.

Yeah it rankles because the bald truth is that Pochettino has never won a trophy in his managerial career. Not one. For all the plaudits, Not A Single One.

Mourinho, on the other hand, has won something like 25.

Maybe Levy and his board ‘did the maths’.

1 minute ago, iamafox said:

Should've waited until the end of the season before making a decision

No, it makes sense to do it now. they have nothing to lose, with them being so far off european places.

• Like 1

It would only be funnier now if Man Yoo, Arsenal and Everton all sack their managers now and Poch turns them all down.

Despite the lack of trophies, before he arrived five-years-ago there wasn’t a ‘big six’. Spurs were just a mid-table also-ran like Everton and had been for years. Almost on his own he put them so they’ve been consistently mentioned in the top bracket of clubs. Time for us to join them/replace them.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

“Our title”? He can shove that where it hurts, jest or no jest.

Yeah it rankles because the bald truth is that Pochettino has never won a trophy in his managerial career. Not one. For all the plaudits, Not A Single One.

Mourinho, on the other hand, has won something like 25.

Maybe Levy and his board ‘did the maths’.

Yeah it rankles because the bald truth is that Pochettino has never won a trophy in his managerial career. Not one. For all the plaudits, Not A Single One.

I Don t believe for a minute,that if you dont win anything,it proves you are Not a Good manager.....!!!

Something must have kicked off this week because this is strange timing if you were going to do it during an international break. Poch will get a decent job, he needs to pick it wisely though. I can see some logic is Mourinho, if anybody is gonna get a trophy for this bunch it's him. But how you gonna get him if you aint gonna back him

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

It would only be funnier now if Man Yoo, Arsenal and Everton all sack their managers now and Poch turns them all down.

Despite the lack of trophies, before he arrived five-years-ago there wasn’t a ‘big six’. Spurs were just a mid-table also-ran like Everton and had been for years. Almost on his own he put them so they’ve been consistently mentioned in the top bracket of clubs. Time for us to join them/replace them.

Oh... if there was to be a mad sacking spree happening because of this.

:wub:

Nothing like a good manager go round lol

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeah it rankles because the bald truth is that Pochettino has never won a trophy in his managerial career. Not one. For all the plaudits, Not A Single One.

I Don t believe for a minute,that if you dont win anything,it proves you are Not a Good manager.....!!!

LIAR

munich-germany-30th-july-2019-soccer-tes