Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Maddison, Pereire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemens, Soyuncu, [Gray}, Barnes, - you youngsters are in the best place. This team is going places you wouldn't believe. And more importantly, it will be a happy place. Just look at the disfunction at Spurs. 

54 minutes ago, Manini said:

I mean...I literally mentioned ejaculate in my last post I don’t think I could make it anymore black and white 

I refuse to debate Jose Mourinho’s merits as a manager - I’m not having that he’s lost it completely after a bad spell at United. Listen to the bloke himself “my greatest achievement, finishing 2nd with Man United”. 

Hindsight has definitely helped my view of Mourinho to be honest. Much as I think he was culpible for some of what went on at Man Utd I can't help as time passes think he was a very convenient fall guy. He's got the track record. I on here said I thought he was done at the top level about a year ago - don't think I think that anymore, I think at a stable big club you could see him at his best again.

The problem here however is that Tottenham isn't that club. I think it would be the wrong move for both parties.

I must admit however I'm struggling to suggest a better alternative for Tottenham. They've made an absolute pigs ear of this and it's fantastic to see.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Exactly, more our owners being confident to translate their business acumen into football, not necessarily being just brave and ambitious because they are already billionaires. 

We’ve done some fantastic deals for large profit, but, without taking into account summer 2016, the money has been spent wisely. Not only that, but they realise this doesn’t just happen by luck - they get football + the fact succes comes from in. They’ve set up a great football strategy to develop as a club and its succeeding. 

Fantastic business men and brilliant football people. 

Absolutely. We learn from our mistakes unlike other clubs. Others keep trying to buy the best players and splash ridiculous amounts of money thinking it'll lead to instant success. 

But we tried that under Sven. Didn't work. Tried it after the title win. Didn't work.

What works and always will is building organically with a clear idea and plan.

Even when things weren't exactly going well, our owners would always speak to the fans and reassure us.

Vichai telling us to trust him, his team and his vision... and we did.

None of that trust exists with Man Utd, Arsenal or Spurs

• Like 4

they were literally never going to get any better. i'm not sure what jose can do to make them any better but they may as well change things up. poch did pretty well making them a top 4 club, massively fluked his way to a champions league final and they put in probably the worst champions league final of all time and have barely won a game since. they all want to leave and hopefully they all do and they are completely fu cked. 

Comparing how Liverpool reacted to losing the Champions League final to Real to how Spurs reacted losing it to Liverpool is incredible.

Both teams invested but Liverpool just seemed to have a more coherent strategy with everyone pulling in the same direction.

With Spurs, Pochettino had already basically said he'd taken them as far as he could when he said he might leave if they won the final, they bought in areas they didn't need to, and they didn't address the calamitous goalkeeper, their waning strength in depth at full back (despite buying an injured Sessegnon), and the quite ridiculous situation with Alderweireld the previous season.

Spurs are all at sea. It seems they threw everything at the stadium and expected it to be the final piece of the jigsaw in becoming an elite club, not realising that all the other pieces were slowly being taken away.

I reckon it'll take them years to get back to where they were last season or the season before. Cheeky bid from us for Son this summer? :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Oh if they got Eddie Howe I wouldn't know what to do with myself, that would be wonderful.

genuinely think they would go down. i got a little bit giddy when i saw he was favourite for half an hour or so. 

29 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Comparing how Liverpool reacted to losing the Champions League final to Real to how Spurs reacted losing it to Liverpool is incredible.

Both teams invested but Liverpool just seemed to have a more coherent strategy with everyone pulling in the same direction.

With Spurs, Pochettino had already basically said he'd taken them as far as he could when he said he might leave if they won the final, they bought in areas they didn't need to, and they didn't address the calamitous goalkeeper, their waning strength in depth at full back (despite buying an injured Sessegnon), and the quite ridiculous situation with Alderweireld the previous season.

Spurs are all at sea. It seems they threw everything at the stadium and expected it to be the final piece of the jigsaw in becoming an elite club, not realising that all the other pieces were slowly being taken away.

I reckon it'll take them years to get back to where they were last season or the season before. Cheeky bid from us for Son this summer? :ph34r:

You know... I think you've hit on the reason I can't stand Harry Kane when he's playing for England. He has a Spurs mentality. And as you've said, the difference between Liverpool and Spurs after both faced adversity is night and day.

Liverpool regrouped and went again stronger. Spurs don't have that in them at all and it's probably our fault after we beat them to the title. 

But we too have fostered a winning mentality. It's how we won the Championship and the Premier League. We faced adversity twice, with Cardiff and Watford. And we used that as fuel to ignite us, to go again and push on. The whole 'Foxes Never Quit' and 'Fearless' may just be slogans to others. But for Leicester City, it's words to live by.

Oh we also performed the greatest escape too. We have bottle. Spurs don't. 

Edited by LC/FC
Addendum
  • Like 2

Itl be interesting to see how long Mourinhos contract is. I feel this may be a last throw of the dice by levy to actually win a trophy with this group of players before the impending summer exodus. Would never have happened with pochettino, he and his methods were done at spurs, whilst despite being past his prime Mourinho still has enough dark arts in his locker to possibly get them an FA or Europa cup. If he doesn't though I don't see him being the man for the rebuild spurs will need especially without the huge transfer and wage budget he had at other clubs. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

The problem with Mourinho isn't just the fact he appears to have stopped evolving as a manager - it's the mess he has the potential of leaving behind after he's blamed everyone else but him for it going wrong.

He might be able to do a good job somewhere again but he's a huge gamble.

Good news for the rest of us then

Mourinho will make them better defensively but they've still got Aspergers Aurier at right back, left backs that get worse every time they step out on the pitch. Vertonghen's pressed their best player's wife, Danny Rose plays like he's been poisoned on pokemon, Kane's injuries are hampering him, Son is their only wide player and Dele Alli is just playing like he always has but the media have realised he's only an above average PL attacking midfielder. Ndombele is brilliant but all their other good players are always injured or want to leave 

Edited by Stadt

Would be interesting if they did go for Mourinho what'd be in it for him. I see two possibilities:

Either he'd want to try and turn them into an elite team, winning trophies and all that jazz, to rebuild his reputation after the Man Utd farce. 

Or he'll negotiate a massive contract and just half arse it for 18 months and get a huge severance pay off when he has them floundering in the bottom half of the table and knocked out of the UEFA Conference League by Champions of Liechtenstein *checks notes* FC Vaduz.

It's the money one isn't it.

22 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Big sam to the rescue?

No way it's not José

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Would be interesting if they did go for Mourinho what'd be in it for him. I see two possibilities:

Either he'd want to try and turn them into an elite team, winning trophies and all that jazz, to rebuild his reputation after the Man Utd farce. 

Or he'll negotiate a massive contract and just half arse it for 18 months and get a huge severance pay off when he has them floundering in the bottom half of the table and knocked out of the UEFA Conference League by Champions of Liechtenstein *checks notes* FC Vaduz.

It's the money one isn't it.

Yes mate, it's the money one. 

3 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Our owners aren't bothered by making more money. They're already billionaires. So they've put winning and glory as the priority, not returns and dividends. 

Which is the wisest and best option really as with victory comes the spoils.

The supposed "Big teams" can have all the greed. Leicester shall take all the Glory. 

3 hours ago, trabuch said:

This team is going places you wouldn't believe. And more importantly, it will be a happy place. Just look at the disfunction at Spurs. 

I told myself any interest in LCFC would be my antidote to decades of epic Cleveland sports failure.  Playing with house money.  Onward and upward, never a worry.  No more waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Now I read posts like these and my sphincter clenches.

Well done, Leicester.  I have been assimilated.

2 hours ago, LC/FC said:

You know... I think you've hit on the reason I can't stand Harry Kane when he's playing for England. He has a Spurs mentality. And as you've said, the difference between Liverpool and Spurs after both faced adversity is night and day.

Liverpool regrouped and went again stronger. Spurs don't have that in them at all and it's probably our fault after we beat them to the title. 

But we too have fostered a winning mentality. It's how we won the Championship and the Premier League. We faced adversity twice, with Cardiff and Watford. And we used that as fuel to ignite us, to go again and push on. The whole 'Foxes Never Quit' and 'Fearless' may just be slogans to others. But for Leicester City, it's words to live by.

Oh we also performed the greatest escape too. We have bottle. Spurs don't. 

A nice thought but Spursiness was a thing long before we got bored of not being the best team on the planet, besides if it wasn't us that year it would have been Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

A nice thought but Spursiness was a thing long before we got bored of not being the best team on the planet, besides if it wasn't us that year it would have been Arsenal.

Oh I know Spursing things up has always been a thing. But psychologically I think we also broke them a little bit more than before.

The fact that little old relegation candidate the year before Leicester City, utilising a bunch of journeymen, bit part players and lower league treasures, in our 2nd year back in the Premier League, did something that they couldn't for years with top managers Jol, Ramos, AVB and Poch must still fuch with their minds. 

It still fuchs with mine! 

Poch is bigger than Spurs. Best manager they've had in my lifetime and I'm on the wrong side of 30. He took them from irrelevance to a consistent CL team. Several of their key players will leave which is not Poch fault. They should have given Poch a chance and a proper budget to rectify this situation. 

I know the whole meme of Poch not winning trophies but Spurs were hardly serial winners before him. 2 league titles in their whole history and 1 trophy (League Cup) this century. 

He is one of the world's best, even if he won't last 3 season's there. So unfortunately, if they appoint Mou, then I'm convinced Spurs will win a trophy or two by the end of next season. Hopefully we can too tho and thus still get to say we've won more than them recently.