Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Unless Spurs/Levy open up the purse strings I don't see them getting a big name manager. More like Levy going on a manager binge like he did before Pochettino arrived.

23 minutes ago, Yes said:

Nuno maybe? Trending on twitter looks like Wolves fans are a bit worried.

Would be an excellent appointment for them. Sure Rodgers will be in the frame too but Jose is out of work with no compensation to pay and a proven track record. Surely they will look no further.

Edited by reynard

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Would be an excellent appointment for them. Sure Rodgers will be in the frame too but Jose is out of work with no compensation to pay and a proven track record. Surely they will look no further.

Can see Jose demanding loads of money to spend if he took it which Levy wouldn’t be too enthusiastic about you’d imagine.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Best thing to come out of this is the Amazon documentary based on this season for Spurs...

It will be glorious

They'll probably cancel it.

It’s a really poor move for any coach with a good reputation, you simply cannot win there.

The fans expect champions league and challenging for the title.

The budget is on par with an Everton rather than a Chelsea/Man City.

The best players want to leave.

The only things they have got going for them is being in London and a new stadium.

Who would go there other than a manager who is ambitious and wants to have a go at a challenging, but whoever gets the job now it will be a huge mistake.

I can’t see Jose or Rafa wanting to take this on, I can’t imagine leaving Leicester or Wolves for Spurs right now a good career move.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Comment was probably said in jest, but the "you have our title" annoys me. It's our title, it was never their title. The arrogance of that was one reason they didn't win it. 

Probably was said in jest as you say, but you can imagine that it still rankles with him (snigger).

I think he is forgetting that Spurs not only finished 11 points behind us, but also finished behind Arsenal.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Comment was probably said in jest, but the "you have our title" annoys me. It's our title, it was never their title. The arrogance of that was one reason they didn't win it. 

'our title' fvck off Poch.