Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Was about to post that myself, never mind if it happened to vardy, 80-90% of this board was livid with the Mane pen and at least he had the decency to time he’s dive with the contact.

There was definitely more contact on Mahrez than Mane.

Just now, StanSP said:

I don't think it's 'barely'. 

Nope. I'd say it was a penalty but I'd be annoyed (like others) about Mahrez flinging himself to the ground. There's clear contact, clear foul. 

It's a contact sport. Inconsistency as usual. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It's an annoying one, it's like they've started to enforce a rule after years of being allowed to slide. 

It's only if the encroaching player gets involved though. I think it's fair enough - you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Just now, Unabomber said:

Good point and that’s the real issue, the inconsistency with VAR

Until an independent body of officials are solely in charge of the system, we're never going to get consistency.  

These referees just play musical chairs with the VAR booth.  

We've half heartedly adopted a system which was supposed to sort out bias towards "big clubs" but it hasn't, in fact, it's made it worse.  The only thing clear and obvious is the poor implementation of VAR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't think it's 'barely'. 

Nope. I'd say it was a penalty but I'd be annoyed (like others) about Mahrez flinging himself to the ground. There's clear contact, clear foul. 

Let's remember Vardy was booked for diving with more contact than that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing you guys haven't seen the replay. I don't get how it can't be a penalty?!

Defender literally steps on his foot and suddenly that's not a foul. There's an element of overreaction from Mahrez but it doesn't change the fact he was fouled?

Absolutely no chance that should be a pen. We can all see he accidentally treads on his foot and mahrez belatedly chucks himself to the ground. 

Just now, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

Did the commentator just call premier league footballers... “snowflakes”? 

I quote “We are now watching snowflakes”.

Tremendous. 

Did laugh at that, he's got a point. Every player flings themself to the floor to win a foul

Just now, StanSP said:

There was definitely more contact on Mahrez than Mane.

Mane took one square on the shin pad Stan.

Mahrez has taken the contact stayed on his feet and then dived when he’s realised it’s his best option.

I think you’ve been on here long enough to know when it comes to referring decisions I call it as I see it whether it’s for us against us or neutral so rest assured ones bias towards us would not change my mind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Let's remember Vardy was booked for diving with more contact than that

Wow I had somehow forgotten about that one, good point. Scary levels of inconsistency. Mahrez should’ve been booked if that is the benchmark.

Mahrez has taken the contact stayed on his feet and then dived when he’s realised it’s his best option.

I think you’ve been on here long enough to know when it comes to referring decisions I call it as I see it whether it’s for us against us or neutral so rest assured ones bias towards us would not change my mind. 

Mahrez was travelling at speed. Mane dived from a standing start.

Likewise for the last point?!

I wouldn't say 'square on the shin pad' though. It was a light touch lol.

Anyway, I don't want to keep repeating myself right now so will agree to disagree! I think there's always going to be discussion long in to the night about this one though regardless...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing you guys haven't seen the replay. I don't get how it can't be a penalty?!

Defender literally steps on his foot and suddenly that's not a foul. There's an element of overreaction from Mahrez but it doesn't change the fact he was fouled?

An element of overreaction lol

If that was anyone other than Mahrez he'd be called a diving cheat

Former Wolves winger Michael Kightly: "We have seen the best and the worst of VAR in 30 seconds. It is killing the game.

"There was a City player encroaching as well. He was in front of the Wolves player who clears and it is just because he got there first. It had no relevance to where the penalty was going.

"VAR has got to go."

So VAR has got to go because its getting the rules right? I'm so ****ing sick of these moron ex footballers with no two brain cells to rub together making stupid comments about VAR, making themselves look thick whilst calling for its removal. 

There's things I loathe about the way that VAR has been implemented but if everyone just makes ridiculous, hyperbolic, moronic complaints about it all the time they won't actually get resolved. 

He's literally just said that two players were encroaching yet he's complaining the penalty got retaken. What. 

It doesn't matter that they're both encroaching, it's still a retake. Ffs. 

• Like 3

I fully support VAR cracking down on encroachment, but it would be even nicer to see them show the same vigour for stamping out dives.  I'm not talking about today here but how many times have we seen a player go down theatrically and the replays have shown absolutely no contact yet no card is issued?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

His foot gets stepped on but then he literally jumps onto the floor. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

An element of overreaction lol

If that was anyone other than Mahrez he'd be called a diving cheat

Fair enough on that one lol

He does overreact. Still doesn't change the fact his foot got stepped on.

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Have you ever had your foot trodden on whilst you are running? It tends to make you fall over.

About 3 steps after it happened. Does it also make you hop in the air and fling your arms up? 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1