Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Defenders need to be careful. I saw with us taking one the other week our players took a step back to prevent us encroaching with Vardy taking the pen

Your trying to break habits of players that have been in the game for decades though.

overnight pretty much.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

The first player encroaching the box was a Man City player wasn't it? Seemed very harsh. 

The pen was a pen, but Riyad obviously completely overplays it (as apparently you have to do these days). Very interesting game this.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

The two commentators debating over a 'pull' and at no point seing the contact to the foot... Who's commentating? Stevie Wonder. 

I hate to say it, but that is a penalty and the retake is justified due to encroachment. No two ways about it. 

Glad I have commentary switched off if that’s what they think about it  

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

They weren't interfering with play, if another Wolves player had cleared it then it wouldn't have been retaken

It would while Coote is in charge of it. We need to complain about him officiating our games. Always has big decisions go against us. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jonezy said:

The first player encroaching the box was a Man City player wasn't it? Seemed very harsh. 

The pen was a pen, but Riyad obviously completely overplays it (as apparently you have to do these days). Very interesting game this.

And in which case if that Man City player had put the ball in the net on the rebound it would have been re-taken, like ours at Brighton I think

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

You think it was a penalty?

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

1) it wasnt a penalty

2) encroachment is complete an utter bollocks

Yes it was lol He gets clearly trodden on!

Not saying this because it's Mahrez. Saying it because it's the rules lol. It's a clear foul. Imagine it happening on Vardy...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes it was lol He gets clearly trodden on!

Not saying this because it's Mahrez. Saying it because it's the rules lol. It's a clear foul. Imagine it happening on Vardy...

He barely treads on his foot and Mahrez throws himself to the ground. Imagine that happening against us, you'd be furious.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

as if people think that was a penalty lol **** me, that's worse than a mane one

Was about to post that myself, never mind if it happened to vardy, 80-90% of this board was livid with the Mane pen and at least he had the decency to time his dive with the contact.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Just now, Brooksy said:

He barely treads on his foot and Mahrez throws himself to the ground. Imagine that happening against us, you'd be furious.

I don't think it's 'barely'. 

Nope. I'd say it was a penalty but I'd be annoyed (like others) about Mahrez flinging himself to the ground. There's clear contact, clear foul. 

• Like 1