Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hoddle saying Lo Celso tries to drag the ball back even though the ball isn't in a position for that to happen lol

But it isn't pointless? Think you just need to point your anger/fury at officials as opposed to VAR. It's shown in the past it can work. 

Same as we have later. David Coote.

It’s pointless in the current format, was my original point. My anger is directed at VAR and the officials because this season has been absolutely ruined by them both. 

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Decisions like that make the game worse for every team 

I don't disagree with you, I just think it's funny to see conspiracy theories being spouted when one of the clubs that usually benefits from supposed bias is on the receiving end.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't disagree with you, I just think it's funny to see conspiracy theories being spouted when one of the clubs that usually benefits from supposed bias is on the receiving end.

It's not bias at all. They have obviously been instructed not to overturn the onfield decision. The conspiracy is against VAR.

• Like 2

And people said VAR would take the debate out of football... lol

Seriously though, I'm for VAR if it's used correctly which it's not.

The officials are just embarrassing themselves even more yet there is no accountability so what does it matter to them - Get them to explain their decisions, ask them the questions, they might just understand how ridiculous their decisions are, the only thing is which one of them do you question.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I wonder what Oliver is thinking when that delay goes on and on... mike dean said when the delay is longer you know it’s going to be overturned. He must surely be thinking ‘let me just look at it’

I wonder if he's even asked 'shall I look at this? Do you want me to look at it?' or words of that ilk.

Also begs the question what Coote has said to him?!

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Clive Tyldesley and Jim Beglin are on my commentary and were both shocked it wasn't a red. 

Edited by seanfox778

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I wonder what Oliver is thinking when that delay goes on and on... mike dean said when the delay is longer you know it’s going to be overturned. He must surely be thinking ‘let me just look at it’

Does he need permission to go to the screen?

1 minute ago, seanfox778 said:

Clive Tyldesley and Jim Beglin are on my commentary and were both shocked it wasn't a red. 

I do wonder if Fletcher and Hoddle are so far up Peter Walton's arse that they don't want to piss him off as 'BT's resident referee' so they just go along with him and not form their own opinion on it. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Does he need permission to go to the screen?

Referees will be encouraged to check the monitor should the VAR recommend a change in cases of serious foul play or violent conduct. Red cards for the denial of a goalscoring opportunity, however, will still be decided by the VAR, as they are thought best placed to make a final call on whether the player judged to have made the foul was the last man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/17/premier-league-referees-encouraged-use-var-monitors-red-card-incidents-jurgen-klopp

It hasn't happened this season yet though. Only seen the screen used to upgrade a yellow to a red or if the ref completely missed the incident.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Referees will be encouraged to check the monitor should the VAR recommend a change in cases of serious foul play or violent conduct. Red cards for the denial of a goalscoring opportunity, however, will still be decided by the VAR, as they are thought best placed to make a final call on whether the player judged to have made the foul was the last man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/17/premier-league-referees-encouraged-use-var-monitors-red-card-incidents-jurgen-klopp

It hasn't happened this season yet though. Only seen the screen used to upgrade a yellow to a red or if the ref completely missed the incident.

If I remember rightly a big fuss was made about this earlier on in the season and when the opportunity arose it was like "look, we're using it now", only for it to be put back to bed again once the dust had settled.

If you can't beat 'em (and the ref won't book a damn thing), break their legs.

Spurs at least used to be a decent side to watch.  The Special One is doing quite a job, turning their football into appropriate contents for their new toilet bowl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

If you can't beat 'em (and the ref won't book a damn thing), break their legs.

Spurs at least used to be a decent side to watch.  The Special One is doing quite a job, turning their football into appropriate contents for their new toilet bowl.

is quite a nice toilet bowl tbf