Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

We had him then I'm not sure he was that much bettter than those two. 

Very close to being the one though, I concur. 

He was the lynchpin for the PL winning side, I think we’d have made the Semis of the CL (at least) had we kept that side together.

De Bruyne is the better player though. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Apples and oranges, really.  When used properly Kante impacts the game every bit as much on the defensive side as De Bruyne does on the attacking side.

Imagine having both! 

• Thanks 1

On 13/02/2020 at 17:27, st albans fox said:

ajax have confirmed it. they are within their rights to be negotiating a deal whilst the window is shut. it gives them certainty with their planning.  i have an inkling that Chelsea tried to get this deal done in January so perhaps the player wanted his future sorting out as he wanted to leave last month. 

In that case what is the point of the window?

I thought it was there to prevent clubs and players getting distracted by potential moves, it doesn't really solve that if deals can be worked on at any point of the season still.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

In that case what is the point of the window?

I thought it was there to prevent clubs and players getting distracted by potential moves, it doesn't really solve that if deals can be worked on at any point of the season still.

The window means that teams know what their squads are for the next four months - before the windows were brought in, players could move at any time .... though I recall there was a cut off late in the season 

In demand players will always be unsettled moving forward into the next season - that’s unavoidable, especially with a club our size. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Just the eight predictions of 2-0 for Lawro this week. He's mixed it up with the other two games, however....

2-1 apiece.

Its embarrassing that the BBC have kept this feature up for years now. 

If it was someone with a bit of charisma genuinely guessing the score, it'd be a decent read every week. Having him just attach the most generic of scorelines next to the favourite just so his average score doesnt fall below ****ing Mr Blobby or the bass player from Kaiser Chiefs just shows the kind of bloke he is.

To make it worse, they put up a table based on his predictions, so half way through a season he starts to try and push teams up and down to correlate the actual real life table. 

Having said that, in a corporation that allows Garth Crooks his own article where he picks his team on the week and then talks about everything but his team of the week, it isnt surprising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

If it was someone with a bit of charisma genuinely guessing the score, it'd be a decent read every week. Having him just attach the most generic of scorelines next to the favourite just so his average score doesnt fall below ****ing Mr Blobby or the bass player from Kaiser Chiefs just shows the kind of bloke he is.

To make it worse, they put up a table based on his predictions, so half way through a season he starts to try and push teams up and down to correlate the actual real life table. 

Having said that, in a corporation that allows Garth Crooks his own article where he picks his team on the week and then talks about everything but his team of the week, it isnt surprising.

Maybe when the BBC has to be subsidised by adverts, rather than the TV license, they’ll stop with some of the useless stuff and cut it out. 

55 minutes ago, Sly said:

Maybe when the BBC has to be subsidised by adverts, rather than the TV license, they’ll stop with some of the useless stuff and cut it out. 

It won’t. Sky run exactly the same feature with Merson and Charlie Nicholas. It’s clickbait, ideal for adverts etc 

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Probably from the same focus group that think that radio 5 listeners give a monkeys about what Robbie Savage’s mum thinks about the weekend fixtures and results 

(or indeed Robbie Savage himself)

On 18/02/2020 at 12:04, StanSP said:

Lotto numbers for tomorrow night - 12, 25, 27, 30, 35, 44 and bonus ball is 50

Euromillions for Friday night - 11, 23, 36, 37, 45 and Lucky Stars are 4 and 7.

Given it wasn't actually a Maguire winner I chose, I think only a few of those numbers will come up :ph34r:

Wednesday was not successful. Only 27 came up. 

Tonight's the night... 

Sterling talking today about how much he's about Man City though he's linked to Real Madrid. Honestly I think the kid should go, with the european ban he'd be wasted at City. Real would really learn him a few tricks which may help his England game to. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sterling talking today about how much he's about Man City though he's linked to Real Madrid. Honestly I think the kid should go, with the european ban he'd be wasted at City. Real would really learn him a few tricks which may help his England game to. 

I don't think it'll be a 2-year ban. They'll appeal, get it reduced, get whacked with a relatively paltry fine and be back in Europe by 2021/22 season.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

So much for villa fans saying they didn't want to get to the final then.

Like with the FL Trophy, for all the talk of how unimportant and not required they are, Wembley hasn't been empty for a final there yet.

• Like 1