Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Unabomber said:

I honestly can’t believe that. And the expert ref they have who also said no red. What is wrong with these guys lol 

They never go against the decision. Refs would rather have the wrong result than admit one of them was wrong in the first place. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Every single time you say this incorrectly. This calls out the ineptitude of referees and their interpretations, NOT the fact VAR is in use.

Because everytime I’m talking about its pointless having it if the officials aren’t using it properly. Unless it’s used properly, it’s pointless having it? 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Refs at Stockley park just don't make decisions. Absolutely pointless. 

I am the last person to entertain conspiracy theories.  But instead of improving, VAR has gone from bad to worse.  So bad it's difficult to find an explanation.

If PGMOL see VAR as a threat, butchering dozens of obvious decisions would be a way to maximize the chances it gets tossed as a failed experiment.

Wait - so we're bemoaning that Chelsea is treated unfairly by refs now? lol  

This is one of those matches where it's not exactly clear what the best result for us is, but I'm certainly happier seeing Chelsea win it than Tottenham.

• Like 1

Hoddle saying Lo Celso tries to drag the ball back even though the ball isn't in a position for that to happen lol

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Because everytime I’m talking about its pointless having it if the officials aren’t using it properly. Unless it’s used properly, it’s pointless having it? 

But it isn't pointless? Think you just need to point your anger/fury at officials as opposed to VAR. It's shown in the past it can work. 

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Who is the inept referee in Stockton today folks?  

Same as we have later. David Coote.

• Haha 1

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Wait - so we're bemoaning that Chelsea is treated unfairly by refs now? lol  

This is one of those matches where it's not exactly clear what the best result for us is, but I'm certainly happier seeing Chelsea win it than Tottenham.

Decisions like that make the game worse for every team