Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Don't see Mouhinho, as Arsene Wenger was during his final few seasons, as a 'top-class' manager anymore.

His man-management levels appear poor and strained at times and doesn't seem like a manager that would get everyone on board with his ideas.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've only seen the Spurs penalty on the Sky Sport you tube channel on my phone, but surely Mee doesn't actually touch Lamela? They showed one replay on those highlights from a crap angle, but from that it looked like a dive.

Exactly what i thought too.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Mee didn’t argue at all so that’s telling - but visually, seemed similar lack of contact as per the the chilly pen v Everton which was overturned. Maybe the message here is for all defenders to protest their innocence, even if they felt contact ......

it was clear contact with his back foot. unfortunately VAR will give that all day long when the attacker turns into Nardia Comineci..

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've only seen the Spurs penalty on the Sky Sport you tube channel on my phone, but surely Mee doesn't actually touch Lamela? They showed one replay on those highlights from a crap angle, but from that it looked like a dive.

clear contact with his back foot on a slo mo replay.. but also a dive.

Edited by MPH

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Don't see Mouhinho, as Arsene Wenger was during his final few seasons, as a 'top-class' manager anymore.

His man-management levels appear poor and strained at times and doesn't seem like a manager that would get everyone on board with his ideas.

He's good to have around though if just for his interviews. Love how he basically told Sky to stop asking questions before the game yesterday.

37 minutes ago, MPH said:

clear contact with his back foot on a slo mo replay.. but also a dive.

Not a dive. There's contact on the back foot as you say. I'd say more exaggerated contact and made a meal of it, as opposed to dive.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not a dive. There's contact on the back foot as you say. I'd say more exaggerated contact and made a meal of it, as opposed to dive.

to me a dive is when someone clearly goes down without the need of doing so. he got some great rolls in after too whilst clutching his ankle.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Looked to me there was a handball in the build up to the Burnley goal. VAR didn't want to give that one. :frusty:

Another inconsistency. 

Puts a stop to the calls of big clubs getting favoured...

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Should just go back to how it used to be; let the players run out towards their end.

I've never understood this hand shake process anyway.

Used to come out separately so you could just cheer clap your own team and vent your spleen at the opposition. This is another consequence of the hooligans as it was done to create an artificial harmony.

Just now, Md9 said:

So keep seeing this billy guilmoir being talked about how many games is it before people are saying he should be in the England squad (if he is English no idea 😂)

He is Scottish.

Just now, Walkers said:

Pickford is the only GK in the league that would take any percentage of blame for that goal. It was a powerful and instinctive strike into the bottom corner.. the agenda against Pickford is ridiculous

Yeah not sure how he can be blamed for it.

I'm guessing the same moaning about Pickford there are doing the same for Ramsdale yesterday?! Very similar to Salah just opposite side.

Was a decent goal.