Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Not in the slightest bit bothered but surely that’s a handball in the buildup so should be disallowed??

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Another week another random call that directly contradicts the week before 

The contact with the arm hasn’t led directly to the goal scoring opportunity..... cross, clearance, shot then rebound .....if there’s no clearance and wood heads it in then It would be ruled out - the law is that contact with the arm has to be close to the goal scoring opportunity occurring  ....so same player or assist I imagine . 

Edited by st albans fox

The year is 2025, Burnley are at home to Spurs as they look to finish in the top half of the Premier League. Their team is as follows

• 1 Pope
  • 26 Bardsley
  • 5 Tarkowski
  • 6 Mee
  • 3 Taylor
  • 13 Hendrick
  • 18 Westwood
  • 4 Cork
  • 11 McNeil
  • 9 Wood
  • 19 Rodriguez
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The contact with the arm hasn’t led directly to the goal scoring opportunity..... cross, clearance, shot then rebound .....if there’s no clearance and wood heads it in then It would be ruled out 

But the exact same thing happened earlier in the season with Sheff Utd I think it was and it still got ruled out

3 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I seriously can not understand the rules anymore, how did he not set that up he crossed the ball in?

It’s a sorry state of affairs when football fans don’t understand the laws of the game anymore. Absolute shambles. 

People who call Burnley boring - I've not watched them much this season admitedly but I think this is quite good from them, they want to go forward, attacking.

It's good to see and far more exciting than 'possession football' without purpose or going anywhere.

Perhaps it's skewed and they're being made to look half decent because Tottenham are so poor but the key part in all for me is they're looking to go forward which so many teams don't in this current obssession with 'possession football'.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

But the exact same thing happened earlier in the season with Sheff Utd I think it was and it still got ruled out

can you try and think what it was because I can’t imagine that it did ...... the clearance makes the big difference imo ......the hand ball attacker rule isn’t the same as offside or a foul in a build up .....it’s got to be more directly contributory to the goal 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

can you try and think what it was because I can’t imagine that it did ...... the clearance makes the big difference imo ......the hand ball attacker rule isn’t the same as offside or a foul in a build up .....it’s got to be more directly contributory to the goal 

Apologies I got mixed up, the incident I’m thinking of was for an offside in the build up.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

The year is 2025, Burnley are at home to Spurs as they look to finish in the top half of the Premier League. Their team is as follows

• 1 Pope
  • 26 Bardsley
  • 5 Tarkowski
  • 6 Mee
  • 3 Taylor
  • 13 Hendrick
  • 18 Westwood
  • 4 Cork
  • 11 McNeil
  • 9 Wood
  • 19 Rodriguez

They'll probably have a 35 year old Marc Albrighton on the wing having a great season too.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The contact with the arm hasn’t led directly to the goal scoring opportunity..... cross, clearance, shot then rebound .....if there’s no clearance and wood heads it in then It would be ruled out - the law is that contact with the arm has to be close to the goal scoring opportunity occurring  ....so same player or assist I imagine . 

How can that be?

Surely it's just a foul in the build up?

There was a game the other week when a goal was ruled out and a penalty given to the other side because of a foul beofre the goal.

Nothing makes sense any more.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's having a blip then there's playing poor for almost 3 months, bit of a difference.

Since we lost to Liverpool on boxing day, we have won 3 premier league games, drawn 2 and lost 4. I'm not saying that that's good form and it is a blip, but Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea have all gone through similar periods of form. Despite our bad form we are still currently 7 points clear of Wolves in 5th place with a game in hand (albeit there are games tomorrow which may change the equation). 

My point is we are still in a great position with games starting to run out. We create numerous chances in almost every game, and if we were a little more solid and Liverpool not so ruthless we would be in a title race. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, murphy said:

How can that be?

Surely it's just a foul in the build up?

There was a game the other week when a goal was ruled out and a penalty given to the other side because of a foul beofre the goal.

Nothing makes sense any more.

The handball rule for attackers is pretty tough - it will be changed. It’s only relevant if the contact with the arm occurs directly before the goal is scored - either the player making an ‘assist’ or the goal scorer themselves 

fouls or offsides in the build up go back further - I believe that the defence has to be able to reset themselves for it to be a new phase of play and become irrelevant 

• Like 1