Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So if it touches someones hand, the other team should just sit down and let it carry on, in order to get the free kick lol If they badly clear it they can they concede. It's getting complicated isn't it!

This is an interesting concept and it would take something like that to force the inevitable law change ..... without something like that, we’re stuck with this law next season aswell . 

same applies to the attacker - if you know it’s touched an arm then don’t try and score - better to recycle possession and try to create another opportunity......  but instinct wouldn’t allow this 

Burnley didn’t get the win they deserved but they played with real zip and zest, persistently put the Spurs defence under pressure, and in McNeil they have a fabulously gifted left winger.

I’d like to see the same energy from us v Villa.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Burnley didn’t get the win they deserved but they played with real zip and zest, persistently put the Spurs defence under pressure, and in McNeil they have a fabulously gifted left winger.

I’d like to see the same energy from us v Villa.

Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

arsenal are getting on a run now of winning even not playing well, which might cause concern down the line.

West Ham finishing was horrific , teams get relegated missing the chances they did today.

Edited by twister

55 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Is he never not having a mare??

Is he "ever" not having a mare.

What you're saying is that he is a consistently observant and accurate ref. Which is patently not true.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So if it touches someones hand, the other team should just sit down and let it carry on, in order to get the free kick lol If they badly clear it they can they concede. It's getting complicated isn't it!

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is an interesting concept and it would take something like that to force the inevitable law change ..... without something like that, we’re stuck with this law next season aswell . 

same applies to the attacker - if you know it’s touched an arm then don’t try and score - better to recycle possession and try to create another opportunity......  but instinct wouldn’t allow this 

I was going to ask exactly the same, if it touches a defender is it a new phase?

If it had touched Iheanacho's hand first and then the defender would the goal have stood? New phase?

42 minutes ago, twister said:

arsenal are getting on a run now of winning even not playing well, which might cause concern down the line.

West Ham finishing was horrific , teams get relegated missing the chances they did today.

They won’t catch us.  I’m most concerned about Wolves and Manure

35 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I was going to ask exactly the same, if it touches a defender is it a new phase?

If wit had touched Iheanacho's hand first and then the defender would the goal have stood? New phase?

not unless the defender cleared it and kel then had to retrieve possession .... if it’s just a tit tat between two players fighting for the ball and it touches the attackers arm then a goal that immediately follows is ruled out ..... I think it’s not too complicated to work out if arm contact is close enough to a goal being scored ........ I havent seen one ruled out this season that was incorrect within the rules but there have been a couple that even VAR missed (Newcastle and soton beneficiary’s I recall) 

Arsenal are too far behind to catch up, although now they haven't got Europe their results may improve due to the extra rest they'll be getting. I'm not worried about Wolves, they're gonna give EL a real go and their results in the league will suffer as a result. I think United will do the same and they'll be a few points behind us come the end of the season, plus I think they'll lose tomorrow to Man City. The ones to watch are Sheff Utd, no Europe and enjoying their football at the moment. Spurs are absolutely miles behind with an extra game played, they won't catch us now.

PS. All this relates to them catching us by the way, not top 4.

58 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

That Arsenal have a chance of finishing in the top 4

Of course they have a chance, Arsenal are only 5pts behind 4th placed Chelsea.

If the Man City ban is upheld then 5th place qualifies for the CL and if Arsenal win their game in hand they will have the same amount of points and games played as Wolves who are in 5th place. 

With so few games left and it so tight any team that can put a run together now in the top 12 has a great chance of CL football next season.

As for us our form over the last dozen games has been little better than relegation form yet a home win on Monday could take us 10pts clear of 5th with 9 to play and the added insurance that Man City could still allow us to finish 5th and qualify. Remarkable really that we've gone nowhere since just before Christmas and we still have a very healthy gap. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Of course they have a chance, Arsenal are only 5pts behind 4th placed Chelsea.

If the Man City ban is upheld then 5th place qualifies for the CL and if Arsenal win their game in hand they will have the same amount of points and games played as Wolves who are in 5th place. 

With so few games left and it so tight any team that can put a run together now in the top 12 has a great chance of CL football next season.

As for us our form over the last dozen games has been little better than relegation form yet a home win on Monday could take us 10pts clear of 5th with 9 to play and the added insurance that Man City could still allow us to finish 5th and qualify. Remarkable really that we've gone nowhere since just before Christmas and we still have a very healthy gap. 

Arsenal's game in hand is away at Man City on Wednesday. They've still got Spurs, Wolves, us and Liverpool to play in quick succession as well.