Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Great goal. Squeaky bum time for us, we need a win tomorrow.

The only way we get into the champions league is by winning some games , its down to us and not teams dropping points. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

The only way we get into the champions league is by winning some games , its down to us and not teams dropping points. 

I really fear for us if we do not win tomorrow. A must win game if ever there was one.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

You’re absolutely right. If we can’t win 4 or 5 of the last 10 we don’t deserve to play in the Champions League

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's down to both of them, we need 10-12 points and we need other teams to drop points. It's in our own hands if thats what you mean.

I agree and I'm certain 5 wins and its done.

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Easily. Be less than that mark (no pun intended) my words!

One thing that worries me, is that our squad has barely coped this season, how are we gonna manage with another 6+ games in Europe (It's likely we'll play 10 or 11 in reality)? Need a few signings this summer to beef out the squad, it looks really thin at the moment.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

One thing that worries me, is that our squad has barely coped this season, how are we gonna manage with another 6+ games in Europe (It's likely we'll play 10 or 11 in reality)? Need a few signings this summer to beef out the squad, it looks really thin at the moment.

I imagine it's why we target players like Lallana. Experience and a bit of squad depth as well.

Not every player we sign, or to be signed, will be world class like some fans want or imagine. We're not in a position to do that and spend that kind of money.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah not sure how he can be blamed for it.

I'm guessing the same moaning about Pickford there are doing the same for Ramsdale yesterday?! Very similar to Salah just opposite side.

Was a decent goal.

The people blaming Pickford for their first goal probably don't even know who Ramsdale is

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That will be a nice thing to worry about. 😀

Felt a bit lonely in the 'Points Required...' thread so I thought I'd join you all here. Despite a quite awful run of form, we are miraculously still in the box seat. Our fate will, therefore, be determined by our results, not those of the chasing pack. Crucially, our recent demise has coincided with Vardy's injury-influenced goal drought. For me, our destiny hangs on the fitness of our talisman over the next 10 games.

• Like 1

Chelsea closing the gap. Tomorrow night's game is becoming very important. A sub-standard performance and defeat will inevitable mean we will drop to 4th after the following round of games whether behind closed doors or not!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Not convinced by calvert lewin despite his recent form. seems like an average player on a good streak, overall play is weak

100%, average player. So naturally Everton have just given him a bumper pay rise on a 5 year deal. They really are a poorly run club.

30 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I agree too. I reckon about the turn of the year I said we o my need 5 or 6 wins to get CL football and that's still the case. 

A bit like Leeds in the champs, Jan/Feb is a good time to have a bad time

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Everton are just doing what was expected, aren't they? A few wins against strugglers and out of form teams then not beating the top four/ six clubs.

It would be rather useful to us if it was the other way round, a la Wolves.