Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal's game in hand is away at Man City on Wednesday. They've still got Spurs, Wolves, us and Liverpool to play in quick succession as well.

In their own hands then. 

It's irrelevant who they have left to play at this stage as every team has played half the teams in the league and all remaining fixtures are about equal for everyone. With Wolves, Spurs and Leicester to play you could say they can put their destiny in their own hands. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal's game in hand is away at Man City on Wednesday. They've still got Spurs, Wolves, us and Liverpool to play in quick succession as well.

Guaranteed 3 points for them at the Emirates against us though, regardless of whether we're in form or not!

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

In their own hands then. 

It's irrelevant who they have left to play at this stage as every team has played half the teams in the league and all remaining fixtures are about equal for everyone. With Wolves, Spurs and Leicester to play you could say they can put their destiny in their own hands. 

Thankfully there's enough fixtures of everyone around us playing each other enough times that it can limit the damage of us being erratic. We need 4 wins minimum, if we don't get at least 4 then I almost hope we don't qualify as it would be scandalous haha.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thankfully there's enough fixtures of everyone around us playing each other enough times that it can limit the damage of us being erratic. We need 4 wins minimum, if we don't get at least 4 then I almost hope we don't qualify as it would be scandalous haha.

We'll probably manage CL with 3 wins and a draw or two tbhlol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I love how the pre match handshakes have been stopped but at full time, everyone is shaking hands, congratulating each other, high fives coming off the pitch 🤣

The whole thing is just odd, especially the insistence that the teams line up then the home side walks past the opposition.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The whole thing is just odd, especially the insistence that the teams line up then the home side walks past the opposition.

It’s pointless they don’t shake hands at the start but as soon as there’s a corner coming in all the players are hugging eachother 

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Apart from Sheffield United, today’s result give us such a footing to make the top four. I felt we may have shot ourselves in the foot last week but thank god we have inconsistent teams chasing us! Please show up against bloody villa.

Indeed- **** the Villa and it’s back to 10 points potentially.

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Suppose thats just the Premier League doing their bit though. Say if they carried on the formalities at the start of the game and players contracted the virus, people would be asking questions. If the players still want to contact each other that way after then so be it. Theyve been told.

I've only seen the Spurs penalty on the Sky Sport you tube channel on my phone, but surely Mee doesn't actually touch Lamela? They showed one replay on those highlights from a crap angle, but from that it looked like a dive.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've only seen the Spurs penalty on the Sky Sport you tube channel on my phone, but surely Mee doesn't actually touch Lamela? They showed on replay on those highlight from a crap angle, but from that it looked like a dive.

Yep zero contact surely!? 

58 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've only seen the Spurs penalty on the Sky Sport you tube channel on my phone, but surely Mee doesn't actually touch Lamela? They showed on replay on those highlight from a crap angle, but from that it looked like a dive.

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yep zero contact surely!? 

Mee didn’t argue at all so that’s telling - but visually, seemed similar lack of contact as per the the chilly pen v Everton which was overturned. Maybe the message here is for all defenders to protest their innocence, even if they felt contact ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I've only seen the Spurs penalty on the Sky Sport you tube channel on my phone, but surely Mee doesn't actually touch Lamela? They showed one replay on those highlights from a crap angle, but from that it looked like a dive.

I thought that myself I posted on the previous page about it, it’s Mee’s reaction Tho that sold it as a penalty 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Corky said:

I don’t think it’ll work for Maddison and Chilwell they won’t be able to resist Grealish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Mee didn’t argue at all so that’s telling - but visually, seemed similar lack of contact as per the the chilly pen v Everton which was overturned. Maybe the message here is for all defenders to protest their innocence, even if they felt contact ......

Yeah certainly thought any contact was minimal, not enough to cause him to go down two steps later, amazed they didn't protest. Also  anyone see Liverpool? Mane was tackled outside the penalty area took three to four strides then threw himself to the floor? surely the clearest case of simulation? he also "caught" the ball with both hands over his head earlier in the game and didn't receive a yellow card? When you look at what Hamza was sent off for and see those two incidents it make no sense to me.

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

not unless the defender cleared it and kel then had to retrieve possession .... if it’s just a tit tat between two players fighting for the ball and it touches the attackers arm then a goal that immediately follows is ruled out ..... I think it’s not too complicated to work out if arm contact is close enough to a goal being scored ........ I havent seen one ruled out this season that was incorrect within the rules but there have been a couple that even VAR missed (Newcastle and soton beneficiary’s I recall) 

Ok, thanks, that helps a bit, are you a referee by any chance?

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's a stonewall dive but it's also an awful tackle attempt from Mee and I can see why it'd be given tbh. 

You can't tackle like that, miss the ball entirely and expect no foul to be given. 

I think there's contact on the top of Lamela's boot. Very slightly but once contact is made on a player like that he'll always go down as opposed to carry on and try to score. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's a stonewall dive but it's also an awful tackle attempt from Mee and I can see why it'd be given tbh. 

You can't tackle like that, miss the ball entirely and expect no foul to be given. 

You can if you also miss the man entirely :dunno:

I have to admit I haven't seen it though lol

Edited by ALC Fox

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Should just go back to how it used to be; let the players run out towards their end.

I've never understood this hand shake process anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Should just go back to how it used to be; let the players run out towards their end.

I've never understood this hand shake process anyway.

And whilst they're at it get rid of the ball on a podium nonsense.

• Like 1