Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Tom Rogic

I've seen Rogic play quite a bit for Australia. He’s got a classy pass on him and is a goal threat but he’s also fairly slow and rarely dictates games. I'm not sure he has the athleticism to thrive in the upper half of the Prem. I wouldn’t buy him at that inflated price.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2019 at 09:46, Ric Flair said:

All the papers up in Scotland reporting that Rodgers wants Rogic and it'll cost us £20m. He's had injury problems this season and i'd much prefer we went for McGregor if we have to go and raid Celtic for a midfielder. Very nervous about this if it's true.

Can't really disagree with this, if your spending that sorta money on one of our midfielders and it's not McGregor then that's bad judgment imo.

15 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Can't really disagree with this, if your spending that sorta money on one of our midfielders and it's not McGregor then that's bad judgment imo.

Despite all the speculation BR will only want the very best Celtic players and he will no better than anyone who they are. I have complete faith in his judgement and knowledge on the quality of each Celtic player and whether they would be beneficial and enhance the Leicester squad/team. 

Rogic seems to have a few black marks against his name with his injury record and questions of his stamina but if BR thinks he's a better option than McGregor then that's fine by me, after all he's worked with these players day in day out for a few years. Anyone who has ever played football even if it's for a pub team soon knows who the best players are in the side. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

I think if BR is to pick up one of the celtic players who play down the middle it will definitely be McGregor rather than Rogic for the simple reason of the intensity the PL has. 

I don’t think there’s a question regarding ability both are more than capable of making the step up to the PL imo, however Rogic struggles to complete 90 minutes in the SPL where I think it’s fair to say the intensity is a lot lower than the PL. For that reason alone I think BR will favour McGregor. 

I do think there’s potential of us picking up to 3 lads from Celtic this summer though. If Chilly leaves & our need of depth in the number 8 role as well as a winger, we could go for Tierney, McGregor & Forrest.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

And it's exactly this sort of ignorant logic that seen Crytstal Palace miss out on Virgil Van Dijk, when they could have got him for £8m.

Maybe instead of wasting money on Scotland players you can go and give Sporting Lisbon near £50m again for some top players from there.

Cruel but fair.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2019 at 16:55, StanSP said:

£20m for him seems a bit steep but he is a decent player and has been fairly consistent with Celtic, often one of their better performers...

Unfortunately playing well for Celtic has no bearing on whether a player is good enough for the English premier league. Scottish football is at best English championship standard and then only possibly two teams good enough for that. They play for Celtic for a reason I'm afraid. 

20 minutes ago, Guest said:

Two of the key figures in the Liverpool team that's made it to two successive Champions League finals came to the Premier League from Scotland. Some of our best players in recent years have been signed from the likes of Le Havre, Genk, Fleetwood, QPR and Forest. I would think Leicester fans of all people should be able to recognise that a player's current or former clubs are not necessarily representative of the limits of their ability.

Ok, fair enough good point.:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, string the Eskimo said:

Unfortunately playing well for Celtic has no bearing on whether a player is good enough for the English premier league. Scottish football is at best English championship standard and then only possibly two teams good enough for that. They play for Celtic for a reason I'm afraid. 

58 minutes ago, Guest said:

Two of the key figures in the Liverpool team that's made it to two successive Champions League finals came to the Premier League from Scotland. Some of our best players in recent years have been signed from the likes of Le Havre, Genk, Fleetwood, QPR and Forest. I would think Leicester fans of all people should be able to recognise that a player's current or former clubs are not necessarily representative of the limits of their ability.

beat me to it!

Was going to mention Van Dijk as the best example.

• Like 1