Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Champions League Final - Who do you want to win?

Champions League Final - Your preference?   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool

After a couple of great semi finals... 

Many of us find Liverpool's fans insufferable.  For those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s, the thought of non Scouse glory hunters around the UK and BT Sports' cavalcade of biased pundits frothing over YNWA, "Anfield under the lights" and just how witty and loveable those irascible Scousers are, is all too much. And their "cheeky" fans, who will doubtless behave impeccably in Madrid for final :ph34r:, pushed that bloke into that fountain, which has to be the worst thing Liverpool fans abroad have ever done :whistle:

Then there's Spurs.  Even if you didn't grow up with them repeatedly winning the FA Cup whilst Chas N Dave gurned (on Top of the Pops, no less) about Ossie and Ricky, Spurs are hard for Leicester Fans to like. Many of their fans went all "unlike you, we're a BIG club and it's our time" whilst they bottled their way into third as we romped the league by 10 points.  And would you really want Glenn Hoddle and Jermain Jenas to be deliriously happy on 1st June? 

If you absolutely had to, which, of these two evils, do you pick? 

For me, I'm plumping for Spurs. 

If they win the CL and Chelsea win the Europa League, Arsenal fan TV might be quite entertaining. 

What's your preference, and why? 

I’d go Liverpool. Lots of Liverpool supporting friends and they would deserve it this season as they’ll finish 2nd in the Prem.

Spurs have had the kindest CL campaign and other results gone in their favour even when they haven’t delivered.

Its about who deserves to win more...

And that’s Liverpool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

For anyone wanting Tottenham to win, just have a look at some posts on some of their web sites from 2016.   Lovely fans!

For anyone wanting Liverpool to win, just have a look at some of their arrogance and cvntyness from the last 20+ years... 

Liverpool. 

Spurs can't ever really be allowed to win anything of note, it'd break the fabric of the universe. They're serial bridesmaids, this is just one more competition for them to be a runner up in. 

As happy as a Champions League win will be for Liverpool, everyone and their dog knows that the real prize they want is the League and they'll never truly be satisfied until they win it. 

Liverpool winning it ensures neither will truly be satisfied and that's the best I can hope for. 

(Petty I know but idgaf) 

• Like 2

It's a shame that one of Poch or Klopp will end up the loser in this one. I like them both and think they both deserve it.

I'll have to go Liverpool. They deserve something for this season, it's Klopps 3rd CL final and his second consecutively so surely it's his time. I also know next to no Liverpool fans so the repercussions wouldn't be that bad.

26 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Voting purely on fan culture.

Liverpool's end will look good- creative banners and most likely some smoke. Far more original songbook too.

This positive post is completely contrary to the hateful tone of the rest of the thread. 

Shame on you. 

:P

Liverpool for me. 

Liverpool fans  don't bother me that much, bar the mouthy ones on social media who live in Africa, Asia & USA. The ex Liverpool players infested in our media will be too much but hey it is what it is.

Klopp is annoying and a weirdo though, and he gets a free pass from the media. Imagine if Mourinho or Emery or Sarri spent 3 years at their club with zero trophies to show for. They would get slaughtered yet Klopp can go trophyless again this season and not much will be made of it. "Progression", "97 points" etc etc

40 minutes ago, Goober said:

It's a shame that one of Poch or Klopp will end up the loser in this one. I like them both and think they both deserve it.

I'll have to go Liverpool. They deserve something for this season, it's Klopps 3rd CL final and his second consecutively so surely it's his time. I also know next to no Liverpool fans so the repercussions wouldn't be that bad.

I like Poch. Not so much Klopp. Also, Spurs fans haven't turned Poch into a deity like those weirdos from Liverpool have with Klopp. 

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Liverpool. 

Spurs can't ever really be allowed to win anything of note, it'd break the fabric of the universe. They're serial bridesmaids, this is just one more competition for them to be a runner up in. 

As happy as a Champions League win will be for Liverpool, everyone and their dog knows that the real prize they want is the League and they'll never truly be satisfied until they win it. 

Liverpool winning it ensures neither will truly be satisfied and that's the best I can hope for. 

(Petty I know but idgaf) 

Liverpool fans still talk about Istanbul (14 years later) so I think a CL win will more than make up for not winnibg the league this year or next year.

I do agree though, the PL title is what they want most.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I like Poch. Not so much Klopp. Also, Spurs fans haven't turned Poch into a deity like those weirdos from Liverpool have with Klopp. 

Reading their forum at half time yesterday you'd have thought they hated the bloke. Surprised he doesn't get an easier ride off their fans at times, considering what he's done with them on such a limited budget.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

If Liverpool win anything we will never hear the end of it

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

For anyone wanting Liverpool to win, just have a look at some of their arrogance and cvntyness from the last 20+ years... 

Lets face it we are fcuked either way as both fans will never stop chatting.  And well, im sure that will be us talking about the league win in 10 years time haha.

Given that liverpool is a bigger club  and has won so much to me its just another title.  Spurs will hang onto this like a stubborn turd.

Also, i know its been awhile but harry kanes post really pissed me off (a few years ago) so vardys bite back was the perfect response. This is what i see whenever i see kanes ugly mug

harry-kane-36-734-likes-harry-kane-view-all-2-251-comments-4440320.png

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Liverpool fans still talk about Istanbul (14 years later) so I think a CL win will more than make up for not winnibg the league this year or next year.

I do agree though, the PL title is what they want most.

Of course they do, winning the CL is a massive thing and especially to do it the way they did. Fair play to them. There's far too much "success shaming" in football. Even in here, people acted like we should stop talking about the title win after like six months. I mean, what!? 

But Liverpool already have Istanbul*, this would be less special. 

They definitely want the league more. If you offered Man City and Liverpool fans  the choice to win one tournament at the start of the year, City would have said the CL and Liverpool would have said the league. Comfortably. 

(*and the 70s)

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1