Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Champions League Final - Who do you want to win?

Champions League Final - Your preference?   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool

Liverpool for me.

Lets remind ourselves of the Spurs fan on why they'll win the league "Leicester are nobodies".

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Liverpool. No question about it.

I actually like Scousers; I remember them applauding us off the pitch with a standing ovation after we ended their umpteen game unbeaten home record. Could anyone imagine the cockneys doing the same?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Liverpool easily for me, Spurs can **** off already claiming there comeback was better despite playing the underdogs of the competition rather than one of europe's elite. Poch's fake tears at the end, THEY CANT WIN IT, can't ****ing have that. it can't ****ing happen, can't ****ing happen NO.

OH and what will be even worse is that ****ing monghead coming on pitch afterwards despite not really contributing to it and doing a full Benjamin Mendy, **** off you **** 

This actually made me guffaw. 

Bravo. 

10 hours ago, Vacamion said:

And would you really want Glenn Hoddle and Jermain Jenas to be deliriously happy on 1st June? 

Hoddle seemed genuinely pleased to just have been there last night and given what he's been through, I'm ok with that. Jenas can do one however.

As for the final, don't really care either way. The hype will be unbearable whoever wins.

I still can't get over a nightmare scenario whereby Derby win the play offs, Liverpool win the league and Spurs win the Champions League. Derby I don't mind too much, in comparison to Forest at least, but it's not a hat-trick I want to see. The press will be falling over themselves for Frank Lampard's Derby. 

I've gone for Liverpool as the lesser of two evils. They've been there and done it, whereas it would be gigantic for Spurs. Presumably Firminho, Salah, Kane etc go straight back in for the final which must be a kick in the teeth for Origi and co. That's football though I guess.  

After the season Liverpool have had, they deserve to win it. Made the final last year, an amazing PL campaign in which any other season they would have won it, like them or loathe them, they have been fantastic and the players/Klopp deserve to lift a trophy.

Spurs are worthy runners up, but.. I wouldnt want to see them lift the trophy. I think Potch is an incredible manager and has done amazing at Spurs with no transfers this Season.

• Like 2

On 10/05/2019 at 08:49, Cardiff_Fox said:

They would be one benefit to this - all the Wolves fans getting passive aggressive because the media isn't on them. 

Please tell me you understand the irony in this post lol 

• Like 1

Was going to write something, saw that @The Horse's Mouth has pretty much taken the words out of my mouth :appl:

Liverpool have won this 5 times before, I can deal with it, I’ve coped before. The league is a different story. 

Spurs will break the footballing equilibrium if they actually win something so for the good of humanity and science Liverpool must win it (and they will, comfortable, they’re too f’ing good) 

I find it quite strange...that in football ,fans come up posting so stressfull, panic - ridden  mind-boggling,even hate filled  statements,

Why they don't want either L'pool of Spurs to become CL Champions. ..That they fret so much what other fans say,and because of their own teams

Fans hatefull,demeaning posts towards us...or simply because the don't like ex-players attitude...We should also wish the same misery on this or that team,

because of the minority of Neanderthals on their forums...

We actually are forefilling the role of "Nobodies", because again it's the minorities who are getting their snidey remarks/statements heard more ..

If we can't appreciate and respect then those other teams success and achievements,surely we are steeping even lower than those morons,

we seemingly detest..!!!

Maybe it's my "generation".  but I find it so immature going on Social-media hate campaigns.....Obviously there is fun in good old numerous cross exchange banter...but since we have won the title,we have joined the ever growing band of miserable,negative...pundits.Who can't find a good word for anybody...

We have become the beast itself,that we often in the past despised...

Oh..I am no snowflake,just trying to hold up the side of being a good-sport & Gentleman....If you question otherwise...We can meet at the Town-center at

any agreed time,then I can beat you all up..with my crutches,then finish you off ,running you over with my Wchair.!!:P...:bounce:

Just had a look on one of the Liverpool forums to see what they were saying about the Man City song (I have an exciting lunch break) and came across this https://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/401194-Why-are-we-so-hated. I almost want Spurs to beat them in Champions League, obviously individual forums are going to biased but the fact only one poster can think of anything other than jealousy as a reason for their unflattering perception with other fans is pretty impressive. 

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Just had a look on one of the Liverpool forums to see what they were saying about the Man City song (I have an exciting lunch break) and came across this https://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/401194-Why-are-we-so-hated. I almost want Spurs to beat them in Champions League, obviously individual forums are going to biased but the fact only one poster can think of anything other than jealousy as a reason for their unflattering perception with other fans is pretty impressive. 

Tbf, did you see the amount of people who were absolutely desperate for them to not win the title?

Had fans on here wanting us to lose against Man City so they didn’t win the thing. 

Loads of it on twitter too. I think he’s got a point lol 

Edited by Goober

9 minutes ago, Goober said:

Tbf, did you see the amount of people who were absolutely desperate for them to not win the title?

Had fans on here wanting us to lose against Man City so they didn’t win the thing. 

Loads of it on twitter too. I think he’s got a point lol 

Oh yeah, I can see why they are questioning the hatred. Man City are hardly a footballing fairy-tale for the country to get behind. 

My confusion however is that they can't understand why so many people don't like them and think it is jealousy alone. Not the arrogance, historic fan troubles or the trillion Liverpool based pundits on every programme/game/podcast etc just to name three alternatives. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

“We aren’t English we are scouse” wtf is that about?

it started because margaret thatcher and all those other tory nonces basically tried to disown the north and places like liverpool, so why would any scousers have any national pride. it’s not just a liverpool FC thing, it’s an scouse thing. and it carries on because they know it winds everyone up.