Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Champions League Final - Who do you want to win?

Champions League Final - Your preference?   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool

Liverpool. We were already braced for the "this means more", "now they get it" type crap their fans come up with any time they win something. Not sure I can take Spurs being champions of Europe despite not even being champions of their own country basically since rationing ended. Would totally kill us singing "Who came third..." every time we play them if they can just respond with "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that".

• Like 3

think i’ve decided liverpool, just about. slightly more likeable squad, slightly less likeable manager but slightly more likeable fans. 

its a tough one though. i really enjoy both of them not winning anything every year. so it’s a shame that has to come to an end one way or another. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Out of interest, the people in here that like Poch - do you like Wenger? 

I'm ok with Wenger. He's a bit odd but quite inoffensive. He's a bit like Puel. Boring but inoffensive. 

Poch isn't as cringey as Klopp, so most people don't mind him I guess.

19 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

think i’ve decided liverpool, just about. slightly more likeable squad, slightly less likeable manager but slightly more likeable fans

Agrew. Summed up the whole shitshow quite well  

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Out of interest, the people in here that like Poch - do you like Wenger? 

i don’t really like poch, i just think klopp is a massive cu nt. so poch being a bit of a cu nt makes him the winner in that battle as far as i’m concerned. 

Guest seanfox778

I've gone for Liverpool based on my feelings watching the semi finals. The Liverpool game I found myself rooting for them against Barca but I felt gutted when Spurs got that winner against Ajax. 

13 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I've gone for Liverpool based on my feelings watching the semi finals. The Liverpool game I found myself rooting for them against Barca but I felt gutted when Spurs got that winner against Ajax. 

I was the same.

However, I'm coming to terms with accepting it if Spurs win.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I'm ok with Wenger. He's a bit odd but quite inoffensive. He's a bit like Puel. Boring but inoffensive. 

Poch isn't as cringey as Klopp, so most people don't mind him I guess.

Porch comes out with some crap

1/ Didn’t he say if they won it,it would be the greatest ever football achievement.

oh hello!

2/If we win it I will retire 

Even if you don’t mean it it’s an odd thing to say.

Just hope it's a great game tbh. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool pick up their 6th CL/European cup win and close the gap on Real Madrid with 13 just a little bit. 

Liverpool because Spurs are just ugh.  Imagine trying to claim that their club winning the CL would be the biggest footballing fairytale despite 15/16 and your opponents for that very tie being the big underdog story of the tournament.  Don't want to see them finish the job and start arguing the point in earnest.

Liverpool for me. They were the team I always followed and in the days when I didn't have the option of 20 sports channels you'd be lucky over here to see one PL match on the weekend. Them and Man U were most often the teams we'd get to see.

I still recall leaving work early to see the 2005 final in Istanbul. 

Honestly can't decide, have nothing against either teams. My wife and in-laws are all from Liverpool and actually have some deep-rooted connection to the club from years ago... but I know a fair few idiots who support them that you don't want to have their day out.

And Spurs for me 15/16 aside I think are a good team and have solid principles. Happy for either to win it.

Liverpool easily for me, Spurs can **** off already claiming there comeback was better despite playing the underdogs of the competition rather than one of europe's elite. Poch's fake tears at the end, THEY CANT WIN IT, can't ****ing have that. it can't ****ing happen, can't ****ing happen NO.

OH and what will be even worse is that ****ing monghead coming on pitch afterwards despite not really contributing to it and doing a full Benjamin Mendy, **** off you **** 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

I think it's great for English football and the prem that both teams are from England and I hope it's a fun game.

Of the two I think Liverpool deserve it for their excellent PL form.

The real question is if one team is winning 3-0 and then loses 3-4 will the game be classed as a great fightback game or a bottler game?

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's got to be one of the least offensive managers in the league.

Heh, funny how we all perceive people differently. 

I find him very, very similar to Wenger. He's got an excuse for absolutely everything. I understand it to an extent, I think there's a degree to which it's about protecting your players but it does make me roll my eyes. 

I don't hate him particularly I'm just surprised quite a few people like him as much as they do. 

But then I don't find Klopp particularly annoying and I know many do. 

Totally detest both

However, I remember watching them comeback against Milan in 05 as a 15 YO and was swept up in the amazement of it, so I whilst I don't want them to win the league ever again, I can handle them winning the UCL when Spurs are their opponents. Spurs can be the bridesmaid forever, thank you.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

The real question is if one team is winning 3-0 and then loses 3-4 will the game be classed as a great fightback game or a bottler game?

Depends on the team for me. 

I think Barca bottled it. They really should have had the quality to see out the game, to show some composure and professionalism. It was a much weaker Liverpool team than the one they beat comfortably at home. 

I don't particularly think Ajax bottled it. I do think they got complacent, the whole stadium was celebrating at half time, it was like carnival and they just lapsed and let Tottenham back in. 

But I think it's important to remember they're an Eredivise side and for every De Jong and Ziyech there's a Dolberg and Schone, good players but not world class ones.

Overall they're a team Tottenham should be beating. 

i don't really understand the whole 'if liverpool win we'll never hear the end of it' stance. 

we'll hear about as much as you do when any other team wins anything of note.

Liverpool, imho have been by far the more interesting, talented and likeable team this season, irrespective of their fans (who I've never really disliked anyway).

Spurs however, it's just ****ing too funny watching them bottle everything all of the time.