Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (H) Match Thread

Just now, Tanya said:

I hope Brendan gives them a bollocking at half time.

Played at a low intensity. No one is playing well except Hamza, Riccy and Kasper. I'd bring Harvey for Albrighton to give us some more penetration on the flanks. We should be at least one down but we can get them in the second half if we lift our intensity.

Yeah I agree we are being too passive and handing Chelsea the initiative. Problem is how do you fix it because we already have Hamza on?

I'd put on Barnes for Albrighton who has been poor, but we are struggling to get going in the middle of the park. Not sure how to fix that. Maybe it really is time for one last dose of Shinji!

My bet for more than 4 goals looks dodgy now. As others have said we need more of a threat but we haven't got much on the bench - I assume Simmo and Shinji will get a run out with 10 to go regardless of the score. 

Let's talk about that Alexa advert:  Mum gets woken up by her kid kicking a ball against the wall at 4 in the morning and instead of pulling them inside before they wake the neighbours too she turns on garden lights with the intensity of 2 suns. Her neighbours must despise her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah I agree we are being too passive and handing Chelsea the initiative. Problem is how do you fix it because we already have Hamza on?

I'd put on Barnes for Albrighton who has been poor, but we are struggling to get going in the middle of the park. Not sure how to fix that. Maybe it really is time for one last dose of Shinji!

Hamza and N'didi need to make themselves available at all times when the back 4 have the ball, then they need to run with it - the space is there once you pass it through the high press. We spend far too much time passing it around the back. 

• Like 2

I couldn't post much during the half as my stream deteriorated and I was lagging. 

We can play better than that. 

Hope we do play better than that this half.  

COYB

:scarf:

1 minute ago, bfox said:

Hamza and N'didi need to make themselves available at all times when the back 4 have the ball, then they need to run with it - the space is there once you pass it through the high press. We spend far too much time passing it around the back. 

Yep very true. Many teams are also targeting Ndidi because he gets a rush of blood when he's closed down by two players at once and often loses it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bfox said:

I'd agree with N'didi but think Hamza is again having a great game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Maguire has been terrible. His awareness is shocking. Would snap United's hands off for £60m

Agree, since his World Cup limelight he hasn't looked like he's been enjoying his football here one bit - maybe arrogance? (who knows). He's not looking sharp, gets caught out at least 2/3 times a game. Evans is making him look poor most games. 

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Working with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for talkSPORT today - his assessment: "Leicester need to get the ball quicker to Maddison."

I saw your tweet earlier and thought 'what a lucky bugger you are'

Edited by Suzie the Fox

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Working with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for talkSPORT today - his assessment: "Leicester need to get the ball quicker to Maddison."

Agree with Jimmy. That transition from defence to the midfield needs to be quicker, much quicker!

• Like 1