Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Fan Cam

Fan Cam?   

218 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the fan cam?

• Awful
    • Brilliant
    • Couldn't give a toss

The fan cam doesnt bother me at all. Let the kids enjoy themselves at half time.

It's the firing of freebies into the crowd that annoys me. Again it is great for the kids, but there is a older bloke near me who will go out of his way to make sure he gets 3-4 T Shirts, every game, using his height/reach advantage to make sure he can get them before the kids do. Why do you need so much free tack?

Also there is an elderly woman who will clap her hands and click her fingers at the staff firing the shirts into the crowd, demanding she gets several every game. I enjoy it when she doesnt get any and starts effing and blinding. She once had a go at a Steward for picking one up and passing it to a little kid who was desperate to get one, rather than her.

• Haha 1

What would you prefer the club to ignore kids, and let the drift off to become supporters of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc.

The more fun they have the more likely they are going to grow up a City supporter, that good enough for me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Stadt said:

I don’t know how I managed to become a Leicester fan then because there was no fan cam when I was going as young kid.

Me nether, but I can't see the problem with it and think it a good thing to keep kids interested in football.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

What would you prefer the club to ignore kids, and let the drift off to become supporters of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc.

The more fun they have the more likely they are going to grow up a City supporter, that good enough for me.

Can’t work our if this is satirical or not?

Quite frankly, the game has ****ing gone IMO 

Edited by Manini

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If they're being taken to the game they're already in tbh. 

I didn't need Fan Cam to entertain me as a kid, I was just thrilled to be going to the football with my old man. 

That was enough to make me fall in love with the place. I didn't need pandering to. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If they're being taken to the game they're already in tbh. 

I didn't need Fan Cam to entertain me as a kid, I was just thrilled to be going to the football with my old man. 

That was enough to make me fall in love with the place. I didn't need pandering to. 

Maybe but I can't see why people are overly bothered, if it makes some kids happy so what.

I fell in love with City listening on the radio and reading the Mercury, even before I went to see my first game in 91.

But time change and the world changes.

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe but I can't see why people are overly bothered, if it makes some kids happy so what.

I fell in love with City listening on the radio and reading the Mercury, even before I went to see my first game in 91.

But time change and the world changes.

All humour aside, I couldn't really give a ****. I'd rather we didn't pander to the YouTube, micro transaction generation of the games industry but in all fairness I doubt the announcer even knows he's doing that. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What because of a camera showing a coupe of fans at halftime? 

I think you and I both know that I wasn’t just talking about this specifically, although it’s a good barometer of where we’re currently at with it all. 

But this is still a bit odd in my opinion. If kids need stuff like this to fall in love with a football club nowadays then i’m so out of touch with modern culture, I’m basically under a rock, clearly. 

Edited by Manini

Would rather watch The Birch doan interview with a former ex-player/manager or some children doing a baton relay around the pitch than the Fan Cam.

Clearly, the Fan Cam idea was done by some IT Assistant who wanted to convince his manager to put his idea in the recent home games to really get popular attention to it from the fans..:mellow:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I think you and I both know that I wasn’t just talking about this specifically.

But this is still a bit odd in my opinion. If kids need stuff like this to fall in love with a football club nowadays then i’m so out of touch with modern culture, I’m basically under a rock, clearly. 

Me too, but the world has changed, it's just the way modern life is.

I was happy catching up on footy on ceefax back in the day.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

4 out of 150+ have voted positively meaning the rest are either indifferent or against it. Time to re-think LCFC as it’s obviously not resonating with your audience...

I can see what you're saying but you'd perhaps need a bigger sample size considering there's usually approx 30,000 home fans in the ground...

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are people only just noticing or saying something now, by the way?

Pretty sure it's been there since the start of the season?

I only stayed up at HT for this game. Could not believe what I was seeing. 

41 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I sat in my seat shaking my head yesterday. In any other environment you’d rightly get locked up if a middle aged bloke was asking kids to dance for them whilst recording it 

Might as well go around the ground upskirting instead and call it Fanny Cam 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are people only just noticing or saying something now, by the way?

Pretty sure it's been there since the start of the season?

I only noticed it at the Chelsea game. Rarely leave my seat at HT. ??‍♂️