Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If we could get another championship punt, like Bowen, who may improve then it may make sense to replace Gray, if selling him pays all/most of the fee.

This if we could sell Gray and with more or less the same fee buy someone like Dan James or Bowen that would be ideal.

Ideally we have a group of about 15 players who are proper first team and then supported by players on their way down, academy products and young players brought in with potential who threaten the places of the first XI.

Anyone who can fetch a decent fee who looks like they'll never be a first team regular should be sold if we get an acceptable offer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Amartey surely has to stay for now as he’s our only right back cover should Ricardo get injured.

Amartey won't be going anywhere, He was looking like he was getting better and better before hid unfortunate injury.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Amartey won't be going anywhere, He was looking like he was getting better and better before hid unfortunate injury.

Nowt against him staying btw I quite like him, can play in few positions so is great from the bench and solid enough in those roles! Also agree with you on his performances before injury, fingers crossed he can start pre season fully recovered.

• Like 3

Lots of news reports regarding Rogers wanting to hold on to Mendy...

Are we trying to push a price, raise awareness of interest or warning people of the fact their is interest and be prepared because the player wants to go to a team and start rather than be a strength in depth squad member?

In terms of the fringe squad 

I cant see anyone paying any money for James, King.  I suspect we’ll try and loan them out.

I doubt a Portuguese club will match Slim’s wages so another loan for him also.  

Silva to Monaco with or without Tielemans going the other way.

Development loans for  Kapu, Diabate 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

In terms of the fringe squad 

I cant see anyone paying any money for James, King.  I suspect we’ll try and loan them out.

I doubt a Portuguese club will match Slim’s wages so another loan for him also.  

Silva to Monaco with or without Tielemans going the other way.

Development loans for  Kapu, Diabate 

Little Cabbage following surgery may find himself back at lcfc?

13 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Nowt against him staying btw I quite like him, can play in few positions so is great from the bench and solid enough in those roles! Also agree with you on his performances before injury, fingers crossed he can start pre season fully recovered.

I think he is going to be a big player for us going forward. He has all the attributes needed, all he needs is the game time and experience. I think Brendan will bring out the best in him.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I think he is going to be a big player for us going forward. He has all the attributes needed, all he needs is the game time and experience. I think Brendan will bring out the best in him.

I think all he lacks slightly is that footballing brain, like you say he has all the physical attributes to turn into a good cb, rb or even cdm. Hopefully Brendan will coach him with the ball at his feet & thinking 2 steps ahead. If he improves that he will be a great player. 

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think all he lacks slightly is that footballing brain, like you say he has all the physical attributes to turn into a good cb, rb or even cdm. Hopefully Brendan will coach him with the ball at his feet & thinking 2 steps ahead. If he improves that he will be a great player. 

Yes, That's what I meant by experience, He needs to learn the game and was doing that Nicky under Puel.

His positioning was getting much better and his confidence was growing. He just needs to pick up where he left off and continue his progress.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets back in at rb with Ricardo pushing forward again. But he has to get back playing first.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 21:02, Gerard said:

One of the biggest reasons for BR to come 2.5 months a go rather than this summer was so he can assess the squad close up for a few months. I guess he's seen enough of Gray to know he's not a bad player but not quite good enough for what is wanted in his team.

I have defended Gray for years but as he's 23 next month with 200+ pro games under his belt now is the time to sell while his stock is still relatively high and the market still judges him as one with great potential. 

This is why I'm in favour of sell. I think it's the last chance saloon to get a good fee for him this summer. If he does leave us and come good then I can't really criticise anyone at LCFC for it because he's been here a long time now without ever showing signs he'll crack it.

We could still get £25mil for Gray.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Lots of news reports regarding Rogers wanting to hold on to Mendy...

Are we trying to push a price, raise awareness of interest or warning people of the fact their is interest and be prepared because the player wants to go to a team and start rather than be a strength in depth squad member?

I think he genuinely sees Mendy as legitimate back up to Ndidi with Hamza being more box to box. Which makes sense if we're gonna keep playing 3 in the middle. 

Ideally you would want 2 good options at each position. Tilemans and Maddison have the creative midfielder covered. Ndidi and Papi cover the DM side of it which leaves Hamza to come in and play box to box when needed, although slightly more on the defensive side which is exactly why I'd like to see Calum McGregor come in too. He also falls into that box to box category but leans slights more towards being creative. 

11 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wait, how have we got to the point where Gray is simultaneously in the category of ‘rubbish, must go’ and yet we could get £25m for him!? 

Gray's the one I think we could get a lot more than he's truly worth.

20 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wait, how have we got to the point where Gray is simultaneously in the category of ‘rubbish, must go’ and yet we could get £25m for him!? 

Young, English and shows signs of talent but any Leicester fan who has watched him since he’s been here knows he’s not quite good enough 20-25  should be attainable in this inflated market

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is why I'm in favour of sell. I think it's the last chance saloon to get a good fee for him this summer. If he does leave us and come good then I can't really criticise anyone at LCFC for it because he's been here a long time now without ever showing signs he'll crack it.

We could still get £25mil for Gray.

Too many fans want to hang on to players in case they become any good, there were plenty who didn't want to let Tom Lawrence go because of what if.

The best time to sell "young players with great potential" is when you've seen enough to make an informed opinion but the market hasn't quite twigged yet. A bit like us buying Iheanacho which looked a tremendous buy on the face of it. I think Gray now falls into this category as he has a good reputation and has always stood out for the England U21's, sell now whilst his stock only appears to be going on a downward curve.

He was linked with Liverpool and Tottenham in the last year. Gray has the assets to prove us all wrong but as you say if in five years time selling him looks like terrible business by us you can't blame anyone at the club. Sell this summer when there may be a good offer out there. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

I think Gray's the kind of player that we haven't gotten the best out of, but I could totally see him going to a club like Spurs and shining. I think we'll regret selling him. He's so physically gifted, and he's actually shown flashes of brilliance, but he hasn't put it all together. I think he has a higher ceiling than a player like Barnes, but he might need a change of scenery to unlock his potential.

Guest SO1
14 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I think Gray's the kind of player that we haven't gotten the best out of, but I could totally see him going to a club like Spurs and shining. I think we'll regret selling him. He's so physically gifted, and he's actually shown flashes of brilliance, but he hasn't put it all together. I think he has a higher ceiling than a player like Barnes, but he might need a change of scenery to unlock his potential.

The whole squad gets a year of Rodgers then we'll see where were at. Doesn't make sense to throw away multi million pound investments.

Rodgers is a master at extracting maximum talent from a squad. If he doesn't think a player can make the grade or provide value to the team he'll cut him loose.

It's an ongoing job refining the squad. Some won't get a year. I hope Gray makes it.

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wide players we only really have Barnes, Gray and Albrighton - whilst Barnes has had a bright start, I’m not sure it’s too dissimilar to Gray’s promising start. 

Sell Gray and then what? 

Barnes has shown far more than Gray these last few months.

We also have Ghezzal to add to that list and sometime Maddison will start wide when BR wants to play Choudhury to bolster the MF. 

My ideal situation would be to sign a player like Sarr we've been linked with to become our top class "winger". Sell Gray and Ghezzal and maybe sign a prospect like Dan James and go into the new season with Sarr, Albrighton, Barnes and James as our four options. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not a chance in the world. 

Will never be a premier league player. 

I agree but following his injury he may not be fit in time to be loaned out or sold? Just wondering.

Edited by Nick