Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

Get that Tielemans deal done asap, and Silva to stay at Monaco.

Slimani needs to be sold or loaned out again, guy is no good at this club. Accept a decent offer, but if he's sold, we're likely to make a loss on the whole.

Sentiment aside, King will probably leave, we're stuck with James, so I do hope he manages to get back to a reasonable fitness level so he can play some more football - at a lower level.

If we had to sell a starting first-teamer, it'd be Maguire over Chilwell. Although in the ideal case, I'd keep both. It's quite rare to have so many English or British players in the starting XI of a Premier League club - Chilwell, Maguire, Evans, Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton, Vardy, potentially Gray, Ward and Choudhury. Impressive if you ask me.

Mendy is a particularly interesting case - Choudhury has really made an impression this season, so I wonder whether we'll see Nampalys on the bench more often or whether he'll be loaned out also (back to France?).

I'd keep Gray, as next season will be make-it-or-break-it time at age 23. He's had enough shots on the big stage and finally needs to come up with better finishing.

In any case, we're not short of talent at CB in the shape of Benkovic and Söyüncü. Elder will highly likely leave.

Ghezzal can go out on loan and the we can get a promising right winger in, such as Bowen. I'd rather we either keep loaning Diabaté out or sell him straightaway this summer. Kapustka could suffer a similar fate.

Don't know whether Jakupovic will want to stick around any longer. Clearly on quite the wedge.

Edited by MC Prussian

48 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

BR is not against Silva returning. If we miss out on Youri don't be surprised to see him back in the summer. 

One player who will be available at the right price is Gray. 

One of the biggest reasons for BR to come 2.5 months a go rather than this summer was so he can assess the squad close up for a few months. I guess he's seen enough of Gray to know he's not a bad player but not quite good enough for what is wanted in his team.

I have defended Gray for years but as he's 23 next month with 200+ pro games under his belt now is the time to sell while his stock is still relatively high and the market still judges him as one with great potential. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

BR is not against Silva returning. If we miss out on Youri don't be surprised to see him back in the summer. 

One player who will be available at the right price is Gray. 

I bloody hope so n all. I can guarantee when Gray retires he will be remembered as just someone who had so much potential but did nothing with it.  

I still think Rodgers could use silva, slim, king, mendy need to go, gray out on loan, isn’t good enough by a long way, needs to drop down a division and play every week for his development, he’s not getting any better imo

oh and forgot about James, we need to free up the treatment table, a joke he got a new contract, time to cancel it.

Edited by Monsell1976

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I think one of Maguire or Chilwell both should and will leave if the level of interest is as financially high as believed. 

If we're honestly looking at 40/50+ for Chilwell and 80+ for Maguire I think we've got to be pragmatic. 

If we want to expand the stadium and reinforce the squad (which imo needs a real, real chunk of reinforcement) then we're going to need money. 

I'm not sure freeing up the wage bill is going to be sufficient to get the job done and I think business sense should trump emotion. 

Both Chilwell and Maguire could be replaced for far less than we'd sell them for leaving a lot of room to spend. Of the two, my preference would be keeping Chilwell, he's our own academy prospect, he's clearly close with the other youngsters and he'd go for less than Maguire. 

Oh and I'd loan Ghezzal out to Boston United so he can get on someone's bench at a level he's almost at, give him something realistic to aspire to. 

Agree with Magure, but keep Chilwell at all costs for at least another season if we can. 

It’s generally harder to find quality full backs these days IMO and knowing us it would take us at least two windows to get a deal for one over the line. 

Slim, King,Diabate on loan feels like a certainty.

James will continue to give high fives and bump into doors at training and likely to do so until 2021.

I'd sell Gray if the right offer was there. If not shape up or ship out will be the ultimatum.

Ghezzal might stay but not show improvement and likely go in the January window I reckon.

Maguire to go and we stick with Caglar and Benkovic and we chastise them if the ball doesn't go within 7cm of where we want at the first attempt, saying we should never have sold Harry.

I could see Silva staying if we don't get Tielemans, but we would still bring in another creative midfielder. Otherwise we are weaker than the majority of Puel's reign in midfield and it was our nemesis.

Silva could still be an efficient PL player, even though he has shown precious little of it here. If he did though, he still doesn't create or score much and Rodgers is all about his team getting as many goals as possible, one of your central midfielders needs to be as reliable as Tielemans really.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do wonder if Filip.going to Celtic (on loan again) is part of Rodgers coming here...

I sincerely hope not.  They received enough compo as it is.    Get him back here and integrated into the squad.

If Benkovic is sent out on loan again I'd rather it be to a Championship side instead of Celtic. Get a feel for the English game, and see whether or not he continues to be a sick note without the plastic pitches (in which case we may decide to develop Soy instead).

41 minutes ago, brucey said:

If Benkovic is sent out on loan again I'd rather it be to a Championship side instead of Celtic. Get a feel for the English game, and see whether or not he continues to be a sick note without the plastic pitches (in which case we may decide to develop Soy instead).

I would rather we loaned him to Norwich or Sheff Utd so he can get premier league experience and have to do a lot more defending.

7 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I couldn’t even imagine anyone in Turkey wanting ghezzal and thats a has been league 

I dont understand the severe dislike for Ghezzal. Granted he isnt good enough for our squad, but he isn't that poor. I think he could do well elsewhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I dont understand the severe dislike for Ghezzal. Granted he isnt good enough for our squad, but he isn't that poor. I think he could do well elsewhere.

He’s like gray but with less skill and pace and worse in the tackle (if possible)

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

He’s like gray but with less skill and pace and worse in the tackle (if possible)

I'd argue his shooting is slightly better. In the rare appearances he had against Newport and Fleetwood, he scored two crackers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'd argue his shooting is slightly better. In the rare appearances he had against Newport and Fleetwood, he scored two crackers.

Hmm can see the argument for it but overall he’s still garbage 

We have useless deadwood clogging up the wage bill. Slimani, King, James etc. Nothing we can do about it but should be a lesson not to dish out contracts based on sentimentality to players who are past it. 

Amartey, Gray & Mendy offer decent squad minutes. Useful to bring on as subs or to play a few ganes when injury/suspensions kick in. If we sell these guys we will have to replace them and I'd rather not spend £12m on another Ghezzal. Although if silly offers comes in for those 3 I would sell.

James, King & Slimani provide zero contributions on the pitch so I guess they'll go out on loan again because nobody will offer then the money they're on here elsewhere.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

We have useless deadwood clogging up the wage bill. Slimani, King, James etc. Nothing we can do about it but should be a lesson not to dish out contracts based on sentimentality to players who are past it. 

Amartey, Gray & Mendy offer decent squad minutes. Useful to bring on as subs or to play a few ganes when injury/suspensions kick in. If we sell these guys we will have to replace them and I'd rather not spend £12m on another Ghezzal. Although if silly offers comes in for those 3 I would sell.

James, King & Slimani provide zero contributions on the pitch so I guess they'll go out on loan again because nobody will offer then the money they're on here elsewhere.

Careful! You will get run out of town for questioning King and to a lesser degree James

(But everyone must be in agreement on Slimani....surely!)

We do differ on Gray however, I just don`t think he has, nor will ever have, the football intelligence to be of any use.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Koke said:

Amartey was one of our better players in the early part of this season. We ought to keep him because he covers Right Back, Centre Back and Defensive Midfield and they're 3 positions we don't have an awful amount of depth in. I wouldn't like to see him go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Micky said:

Gray is wank and needs to go.

Gray isn't currently good enough to be starting each week for a side chasing the top 6 but he's definitely not in the "must go" category.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Careful! You will get run out of town for questioning King and to a lesser degree James

(But everyone must be in agreement on Slimani....surely!)

We do differ on Gray however, I just don`t think he has, nor will ever have, the football intelligence to be of any use.

I agree Gray is not very good but he could be a useful squad member. If we sell him we gotta buy someone else to fill his role, and that would mean paying £12-15m on Ibe or Ghezzal types.

Gray cost £3m and is on modest wages. He will never be first choice here but can be a decent back up. 

Of course if Bournemouth come in again for anything above £15m we should immediately accept it.

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree Gray is not very good but he could be a useful squad member. If we sell him we gotta buy someone else to fill his role, and that would mean paying £12-15m on Ibe or Ghezzal types.

Gray cost £3m and is on modest wages. He will never be first choice here but can be a decent back up. 

Of course if Bournemouth come in again for anything above £15m we should immediately accept it.

This. I think people forget that we need a squad of players, not just a first 11. Whilst I think if we want to challenge for top 6, he really needs to step up his game, but we certainly shouldnt be looking to get rid in the first instance, unless like you say, we receive a decent fee which will enable us to buy someone who will be an improvement.

The dissapointment with Gray is that since he joined, he has stagnated and not improved at all.