Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

A thread for general outgoings discussion. 

We've already lost Shinji and Simpson whose contracts we allowed to run down, but otherwise there are four players whose contracts expire in 2020: Morgan, Fuchs, Jakupovic, Mendy and King. 

For me the main priorities to move on this summer are King, James and Slimani. King and James are surplus to requirements in an already busy midfield and personally I don’t believe either of them are good enough for us any more. Either a sale or season long loan to a Championship side seems appropriate. Slimani is toxic here and needs to leave permanently. 

I honestly can’t see Chilwell or Maguire leaving this summer. 

Can’t see Slimani coming back with reports regarding attitude problems and also noting a cut price move back to sporting , defiantly got stung with him going for a loss another not unlike Nacho such promising performances before coming to us but ending up being a bit of a flop but on Nachos side the lad is still young and Brendan sees something in him he can work with !?

Slimani to be sold permanently.

Can see Maguire going but we've got Benkovic, Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu so maybe any Maguire money is used for improvements elsewhere. 

I really can't see Iheanacho being sold, even if another striker was bought. We can't go through a season where we want to challenge for top 6/7th place and go on a cup run with just 2 strikers (Vardy/Iheanacho) so unless we buy 2 more, Kelechi is staying. Think as much as several fans want him out, I realistically cannot see it happening so they may want to get that thought of their heads in advance of this summer...

Silva will probably go. Really plays in to our hands if he wants to stay in Monaco, Tielemans wants to stay here and both clubs can agree things financially.

Can expect Diabate and Ghezzal to go out on loan/permanently. They're not good enough for this level or to where we want to progress to. Fringe squad players at best. Diabate could be one for the future (?) but with Barnes much better than him I can't see it working out. 

Our midfield looks okay (if Tielemans stays) - Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy & Maddison is good for me and can't see any of them being sold. Hope not anyway! James will be gone for sure - injuries really have fvcked his career up in football in general, let alone with us. Hope it works out for him in future but can't see it being with us. 

We need to get rid of gray.

james, king, slimani I see as the more urgent ones.

wouldnt mind if Adrien came back tbh.

and I’d take any big bid for maguire.

would also love nacho to go, he’s useless.

and if a reasonable bid came in for mendy I’d let him walk too

• Like 1

Defence:

Benkovic or Soyuncu out on loan

Midfield:

King - Sell

James - Loan with option to buy

Silva - Swap for Tielemans 

Mendy - Sell (decent player but would rather sell now instead of letting him go for free) 

Attack:

Diabate - Sell

Ghezzal - Sell (but who is going to want to buy him.. Might need to be another loan with option to buy)

Slimani - Sell

Even after all that, we still have some questionable personnel left in the squad..

Jakupovic - We do need a 3rd choice, so may as well let his contract run down until next summer. 

Amartey - I’m guessing he will need game time after his long term injury. Loan out in January.

Kapustka - Has a long term injury. Could very likely leave on a free next summer tbh.

Gray - Would sell this summer but can’t see it happening. Sell in January or next summer.

Iheanacho - Should sell this summer, but again can’t see it happening. Loan in January, with option to buy for 25m in the summer so we can recoup his transfer fee.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

A thread for general outgoings discussion. 

We've already lost Shinji and Simpson whose contracts we allowed to run down, but otherwise there are four players whose contracts expire in 2020: Morgan, Fuchs, Jakupovic, Mendy and King. 

For me the main priorities to move on this summer are King, James and Slimani. King and James are surplus to requirements in an already busy midfield and personally I don’t believe either of them are good enough for us any more. Either a sale or season long loan to a Championship side seems appropriate. Slimani is toxic here and needs to leave permanently. 

I honestly can’t see Chilwell or Maguire leaving this summer. 

I would be surprised if we can move on either James other than on loan, no team is going to offer him a contract that matches ours with his injury record.

King will depend on whether his want to play, I can't see him leaving unless someone. is willing to offer him a decent 3 year contract.

No one is going to match are wages for Slimani, so I can see another loan.

Mendy is probably the most like to attract attention, I would sell if possible due to the development of Hamza, who can do what Mendy does and more. 

• Like 1

Personally I think we should keep Mendy as he’s a useful squad player who contributes to the team.

We’ve let Okazaki and Simpson go, but we need to sell Jakupovic, Slimani and Silva. Sadly, King should be sold too. I think Diabate, Elder, Kaputska (when fit), and James (if he’s ever fit enough to play again) need to go out on loan or be sold, happy either way. I can’t see Iheanacho being loaned out without another striker or two being bought.

I suspect Maguire will leave this summer so we’ll need to recall Benkovic. With Evans, Morgan and Soyuncu (and players coming through) I reckon we have enough cover at CB.

Finally, I’d keep Grey, Ghezzal, Amartey in the squad and give them a good pre-season for assessment and game time. I think they could all improve, Ghezzal needed time to adjust to the Premier League (even Mahrez needed time to adjust remember!). 

We need a striker, winger and MUST sign Tielemans. I’d also like to see players like Knight, Dewsbury-Hall break into match day squads next season.

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I think one of Maguire or Chilwell both should and will leave if the level of interest is as financially high as believed. 

If we're honestly looking at 40/50+ for Chilwell and 80+ for Maguire I think we've got to be pragmatic. 

If we want to expand the stadium and reinforce the squad (which imo needs a real, real chunk of reinforcement) then we're going to need money. 

I'm not sure freeing up the wage bill is going to be sufficient to get the job done and I think business sense should trump emotion. 

Both Chilwell and Maguire could be replaced for far less than we'd sell them for leaving a lot of room to spend. Of the two, my preference would be keeping Chilwell, he's our own academy prospect, he's clearly close with the other youngsters and he'd go for less than Maguire. 

Oh and I'd loan Ghezzal out to Boston United so he can get on someone's bench at a level he's almost at, give him something realistic to aspire to. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, surrifox said:

I think James is contracted until around 2022 - a brilliant bit of business 

Wasn't it signed in the summer of 2017?

Some people at the club need to give their heads a vigorous wobble.

I feel sorry for him, but his career at this stage is all but over at the top level. If - and it's a big if - he can get fit, he wouldn't be good enough to make the first team squad.

It's a shame, but it looks as if we're stuck with him until his contract expires.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I think one of Maguire or Chilwell both should and will leave if the level of interest is as financially high as believed. 

If we're honestly looking at 40/50+ for Chilwell and 80+ for Maguire I think we've got to be pragmatic. 

If we want to expand the stadium and reinforce the squad (which imo needs a real, real chunk of reinforcement) then we're going to need money. 

I'm not sure freeing up the wage bill is going to be sufficient to get the job done and I think business sense should trump emotion. 

Both Chilwell and Maguire could be replaced for far less than we'd sell them for leaving a lot of room to spend. Of the two, my preference would be keeping Chilwell, he's our own academy prospect, he's clearly close with the other youngsters and he'd go for less than Maguire. 

Oh and I'd loan Ghezzal out to Boston United so he can get on someone's bench at a level he's almost at, give him something realistic to aspire to. 

I think it will be Harry if anyone goes.

And it makes business sense as you say as we have 4 other cbs on the books.

But where's this myth that we can replace Enlgands lb for less money come from. And don't say we are signing Celtics lb. There's absolutely no guarantee he wants to come and if we are in for him i'd expect a few other clubs to be in as well.

11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Unlikely that he’ll forfeit 3 years of wages. If the club agreed, it could make sense though.

I don’t know, we will maybe compromise and keep him on as a coach. He doesn’t strike me as the type to be a dick and drag it out.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t know, we will maybe compromise and keep him on as a coach. He doesn’t strike me as the type to be a dick and drag it out.

27 years old so he has maybe another 60 years on this Earth.

He's not going to write off £6m in wages over the next three years. that's not him being a dick that's him being pragmatic and not being stupid.

Hopefully he'll get fit and go on loan and get his move, he was a star in the Championship with Barnsley. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

27 years old so he has maybe another 60 years on this Earth.

He's not going to write off £6m in wages over the next three years. that's not him being a dick that's him being pragmatic and not being stupid.

Hopefully he'll get fit and go on loan and get his move, he was a star in the Championship with Barnsley. 

He wouldn’t be the first player to do it, according to Piper in a recent interview he did.

I agree it’s unlikely but it can’t be in his interest to just rot away and Brendan Rodgers talked highly of him at the Q and A so I’m sure a coaching opportunity would be made available.

Edited by Costock_Fox

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

BR is not against Silva returning. If we miss out on Youri don't be surprised to see him back in the summer. 

One player who will be available at the right price is Gray. 

Guess Silva may do a bit better with the ability to play in the middle with not a huge amount of defensive responsibility 

Gray I think is a mistake to let go, purely due to the overpriced crap around who we'd probably replace him with 

• Like 1