Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

38 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Wasn't it 2017?!? Sure the contract was signed under Shakespeare. I thought Puel came in at the back end of the 2017 calendar year. 

Yes maybe you're right. I think it was probably down to Shakespeare.

12 hours ago, urban fox said:

Yes but Nacho is still young, probably on less wages and from what I read/hear Slim has no interest in being here and does not fit the profile for what we are trying to achieve with youth etc etc.  It is all subjective

Ability comes before age tho.

Otherwise we would be replacing vardy with a youth team prospect because of well you know "wages" and "age".

We have many older players in the team still so its balanced, if we can get great young players no problem, but if they donkeys then they dont get a free pass just because they young.

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I would have hoped the exodus would have commenced by now? 

Problem is we have 29 players in the squad. If you think about it, there’s quite a few who Brendan hasn’t seen play for us either due to injury (Amartey, James, King), being out on loan (Silva, Slimani, Diabate, Kapustka), or just haven’t been able to break into the first team regularly (Soyuncu, Mendy). Maybe he wants to use pre-season to see if any of them fit into his plans? 

Personally I hope this is not the case, as a squad of 29 is too big to start giving 2nd/3rd/4th chances to players. Especially when you consider we still need to sign Tielemans, a right winger & also have some good youth players coming through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Problem is we have 29 players in the squad. If you think about it, there’s quite a few who Brendan hasn’t seen play for us either due to injury (Amartey, James, King), being out on loan (Silva, Slimani, Diabate, Kapustka), or just haven’t been able to break into the first team regularly (Soyuncu, Mendy). Maybe he wants to use pre-season to see if any of them fit into his plans? 

Personally I hope this is not the case, as a squad of 29 is too big to start giving 2nd/3rd/4th chances to players. Especially when you consider we still need to sign Tielemans, a right winger & also have some good youth players coming through.

Rodgers isn't going to throw money down the toilet based on our opinions. Top and Rudkin hired him on his reputation to improve and get the best out of all the players.

Makes a midly interesting read, despite the fact it skirts around our worst failures, but it does make you realise that we actually quite decent in the transfer market!

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/leicester/leicester-must-learn-from-southamptons-mistakes-amid-80m-maguire-interest

• Like 1

If we sign Tielemans, Perez, and another midfielder, and sell Maguire we're left with this squad:

Vardy, Slimani, Iheanacho, Perez

Kapustka, Maddison, Tielemans, Newmid, Ghezzal, M. James, King, Silva, *Diabate, *Gray, *Albrighton, *Barnes

Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy

Chilwell, Ricardo, Fuchs, J. James

Evans Soyuncu Benkovic Amartey Morgan

Schmeichel Ward Jakupovic

That's not even counting the likes of Pascanu, Ughelumba, Knight etc.

We urgently need to sell, that squad is catastrophically large. 

Realistically, I think we could get rid of Jakupovic, King, Silva, and Kapustka permanently, and maybe loan off some others like Slimani or Ghezzal. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we sign Tielemans, Perez, and another midfielder, and sell Maguire we're left with this squad:

Kapustka, Maddison, Tielemans, Newmid, Ghezzal, M. James, King, Silva, *Diabate

Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy

Realistically, I think we could get rid of Jakupovic, King, Silva, and Kapustka permanently, and maybe loan off some others like Slimani or Ghezzal. 

I look at our squad now and think wow there's some amazing talent... and some absolute crap.lol

There's at least 4/5 midfielders there who are dead weight. But no one's going to be knocking our door down for them.

Loan moves needed for the young defenders Knight and Pascanu.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Kapustka, Maddison, Tielemans, Newmid, Ghezzal, M. James, King, Silva, *Diabate

Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy

Plus Gray, Albrighton & Barnes, how could you miss those,....lol

You''d think a player like King would be attractive to a championship club.

I'd be offloading Mendy too.

Is James fit? I'd be working to send him out on loan in the hope he'd excel and then we can ship him out.

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

You''d think a player like King would be attractive to a championship club.

I'd be offloading Mendy too.

Is James fit? I'd be working to send him out on loan in the hope he'd excel and then we can ship him out.

I get the feeling James knows his chance at becoming a top player is finished and is happy to pretend otherwise aka sit out the remainder of his contract.

Kaputska spoke recently about being given new hope by BR after a chat with him and so is coming back motivated etc, so not sure if he will be off this window.

James and King have to be moved on somehow, even if paying off part of their contracts. Zero use to us now.

Silva has offers from all over apparently so will definitely go this window. 

Slimani is going to be a pain to get rid of, and I expect another season long loan is our only option. 

Ghezzal we should just take what we can get and hope we didn't give him too high wages that other teams won't match.

Mendy is a tough one and will probably need to stay if we don't sign any other CMs.

If Maguire stays, then think Soyuncu should get a loan deal if BR favours Benkovic, as was a wasted year for him last season and I really think he could be a top player, but he needs to play.

Other than those, I think Iheanacho and Gray should be given 6 months under Rodgers to do something, otherwise both need to be up for sale in Jan/Summer. 

• Like 3

I think Mendy should stay.  He still has a unique skill set in the squad: He is brilliant at keeping the ball. I think he could play a unglamorous role in helping us close out games.

Kingy and James and Silva just have to go. 

• Like 4