Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford v Man City - FA Cup final

Who do you want to win   

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Raheem has been absolutely world class today.

Utterly unplayable

And yet he's still only 24..

Seems as if he's been in the game (football in general) for ages.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Our defence is pretty ropey at the best of times - let alone against a side playing like that or being allowed to perform as such.

Shame for us really - the fans were excellent but that is 2 unwanted records we have now in a typically poor end to the season.

We had the odd chance or two but really just seemed to give City too much space and time - naturally their quality took advantage.

We were that bad or City so good?

Your fans were a credit to you today. They made loads of noise and god knows how they managed to get a drum into Wembley :D

We were on the train with loads of Watford fans and they took the defeat really well (and many of them reckoning Man City weren't even at their best today)

I don't think you played that badly but I sensed you tired towards the end. Man City just make teams chase the ball all game and it must be soul destroying. 

Overall you must be pleased with the season though surely. You've got a decent squad there and a good Manager so I reckon the futures bright for Watford :thumbup:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Was VAR available today, as i was in earlier rounds? I thought the handball by Kompany would have been referred, as well as the first goal which was close to being offside (Watford fans thought it was offside but ir wasn't

VAR was available today & it was confirmed it wasnt handball, tbh unless Kompany chopped off one of his arms there was no way the ball wasnt going to hit it.. for me it was defo ball to hand as opposed to hand to ball... 2nd point, the goal was for sure not offside.

Fell bad for Watford, but all credit to Man City who played a stormer today.

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Your fans were a credit to you today. They made loads of noise and god knows how they managed to get a drum into Wembley :D

We were on the train with loads of Watford fans and they took the defeat really well (and many of them reckoning Man City weren't even at their best today)

I don't think you played that badly but I sensed you tired towards the end. Man City just make teams chase the ball all game and it must be soul destroying. 

Overall you must be pleased with the season though surely. You've got a decent squad there and a good Manager so I reckon the futures bright for Watford :thumbup:

Yes - very positive season but we could do with a defender or two as we can get caught short at the back against teams without the quality of Man City.

Also a striker or two maybe.

We might lose Doucouré which is a shame albeit for big money and Pereyra who gives the impression he wants to leave.

I think a lot of fans sort of felt "what the heck" by the end - most expected to lose albeit maybe not 6-0!

I am sure against most others teams the reaction would have been different....

Did look like we really did run out of steam as you say and did bring on 2 strikers to force the game a bit which exploited our defence even more.

Edited by Super_horns

59 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Surely you're joking?

I really hope you're not pulling my leg here lol

But for the sake of discussion, 3 champions league titles back to back, arguably the best starting 11 in the last 20 years, a top-3 player of all-time..etc. All point out to Real Madrid being the better team.

My criticism towards Pep for the longest is his inability to adapt to different styles. He rarely wins against a more talented team, he needs his playing style to overwhelm the opposition instead of rolling with the punchs ( a thing that I trust Jose and Zidane will do more) and the lack of an all-time great like Messi to win you games will eventually lead to Man City losing against Madrid.

This is in no way a post meant to follow the bandwagon of the Pep hate that some seem to ride since he came to England. I've watched Pep's teams since he took over barca (about 10 years) and I'm yet to see a significant change in his style.

In conclusion, I don't trust Pep in that situation and Man City don't have one of the best ever.

Edited by the fox

37 minutes ago, the fox said:

But for the sake of discussion, 3 champions league titles back to back, arguably the best starting 11 in the last 20 years, a top-3 player of all-time..etc. All point out to Real Madrid being the better team.

My criticism towards Pep for the longest is his inability to adapt to different styles. He rarely wins against a more talented team, he needs his playing style to overwhelm the opposition instead of rolling with the punchs ( a thing that I trust Jose and Zidane will do more) and the lack of an all-time great like Messi to win you games will eventually lead to Man City losing against Madrid.

This is in no way a post meant to follow the bandwagon of the Pep hate that some seem to ride since he came to England. I've watched Pep's teams since he took over barca (about 10 years) and I'm yet to see a significant change in his style.

In conclusion, I don't trust Pep in that situation and Man City don't have one of the best ever.

They never even got close to winning the league in that time. How can you even begin to call yourself the greatest side of all time when you can't even win a league title?

The Champions League is a lottery. A lottery that Ronaldo gives you a great chance of winning.

All very well and good turning up for the big games but the best sides turn up every single week.

44 minutes ago, the fox said:

You’re still banging the Love Jose, Hate Pep drum then. What a cabbage 

17 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

they are playing football from another planet. just enjoy it. 

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Image result for are you not entertained gif

Would it be entertaining to see Ali in a ring with Audley Harrison?

Usain Bolt racing against Gary Taylor-Fletcher?

Lewis Hamilton lapping Mo Rees?

One-sided contests are boring.

47 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think it would have been a bit closer if Watford had managed to get a goal early on when they had a couple of chances. 

City were clinical too but we did seem to gift them 3/4 of the goals with bad decision making/passes.

One came from our own free kick I think.

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They never even got close to winning the league in that time. How can you even begin to call yourself the greatest side of all time when you can't even win a league title?

The Champions League is a lottery. A lottery that Ronaldo gives you a great chance of winning.

All very well and good turning up for the big games but the best sides turn up every single week.

Real Madrid won it in 2016-2017. (LA Liga)

In the 2017-2018 champions league, Real Madrid faced (in the KO stages) PSG, then juventus, then Bayern and finished it off with Liverpool.

In the 2016-2017 champions league, the had to face Napoli, then Bayern, then Athletics Madrid just to play juventus in the Final.

Does the CL have an element of luck? Absolutely! But those runs are a proof that when you are the best, it doesn't matter who you face.

Edited by the fox

@AKCJ at the end of the day, it's just opinions and we seem to not agree on this opinion. You have a case for Man City to be the best. At the end of the day, it is just a hypothetical scenario and we can't know for sure.

Edited by the fox

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

City were clinical too but we did seem to gift them 3/4 of the goals with bad decision making/passes.

One came from our own free kick I think.

Feel for you mate. Your fans turned up, but the team didnt. Probably the worst display from a losing team since Newcastle 15 or so years ago. If Stones wasn't such a donkey you would have had a very unenviable record. 

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Real Madrid won it in 2016-2017. (LA Liga)

In the 2017-2018 champions league, Real Madrid faced (in the KO stages) PSG, then juventus, then Bayern and finished it off with Liverpool.

In the 2016-2017 champions league, the had to face Napoli, then Bayern, then Athletics Madrid just to play juventus in the Final.

Does the CL have an element of luck? Absolutely! But those runs are a proof that when you are the best, it doesn't matter who you face.

I'm not sure they can be the best when they weren't even the best team in Spain during that period. 

League titles define who is best over a season and Barca came out on top more than Madrid in those years. Winning a champs league does not equal best team in Europe. 

It's a cup competition. Winning the FA cup doesn't make you the best side in England.