Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Reece James

Manchester United 'face battle with Leicester' to sign £15m Chelsea defender Reece James

• Manchester United lined up £15million move for Chelsea starlet Reece James 
  • Leicester are also keen on the defender who spent last season on loan at Wigan 
  • James is currently with the England Under-20 squad for the Toulon Tournament 

Leicester have emerged as contenders to Manchester United for the signature of young Chelsea defender Reece James, according to The Sun.

The full-back, who can also play in midfield, enjoyed a stunning season on loan to Wigan in the Championship, making 43 appearances as they ended in 18th place. 

James has been with Chelsea since he was six years old and his progress has been rewarded with a call-up to the England Under-20 squad for this summer's Toulon Tournament. 

Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring in cover for right-back Ricardo Pereira, who impressed during his maiden Premier League campaign.

Chelsea may be reluctant to part with a highly-rated prospect due to their impending transfer ban, but James could be tempted to force a move in search of regular first-team minutes. 

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Curious. That’s a hell of a lot for such a young player from the Championship, whose main role is in a position we have mostly covered; though according to Transfermarkt and Whoscored he’s played RB, CB, DM and CM with Wigan. 

Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring in cover for right-back Ricardo Pereira, who impressed during his maiden Premier League campaign.

Chelsea may be reluctant to part with a highly-rated prospect due to their impending transfer ban, but James could be tempted to force a move in search of regular first-team minutes. 

Probably more bs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Monster of a player

This guy gives me love and fear at the same time.

Love because he looks like a player with incredible potential. Kind of like I would imagine Ricardo looking when he was younger.

Fear because if Ricardo keeps on doing what I've watched him do then he's going to be a Barca/ Madrid player before long. Sorry. The river must flow.

Is there anyone at this club with the potential to become the next Ricardo? Because if not we need to find a way to get this guy here and put him on ice or loan him out for a season. Damn. Check out the left foot at 4:13

Edited by SO1
left foot

I’d suggest he’s in line with Chelsea’s new long term strategy. They have a wealth of young talent playing in England (used to be in various leagues abroad and some still are, but most are now kept in UK) and several had impressive seasons.

All they need now is a young, hungry manager who likes to play youth. Who could that be?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

This guy gives me love and fear at the same time.

Love because he looks like a player with incredible potential. Kind of like I would imagine Ricardo looking when he was younger.

Fear because if Ricardo keeps on doing what I've watched him do then he's going to be a Barca/ Madrid player before long. Sorry. The river must flow.

Is there anyone at this club with the potential to become the next Ricardo? Because if not we need to find a way to get this guy here and put him on ice or loan him out for a season. Damn. Check out the left foot at 4:13

It's as if you've just landed on Earth and discovered Youtube for the first time.

I have a video of myself on Youtube that I have painstakingly put together from hours of footage to make myself look like a Messi Joachim hybrid. I sometime show work colleagues (sometimes a bit awkward, I have to find the right time to bring it up) and they are mightily impressed only to be very disappointed and confused when they actually see me play lol

17 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I’d suggest he’s in line with Chelsea’s new long term strategy. They have a wealth of young talent playing in England (used to be in various leagues abroad and some still are, but most are now kept in UK) and several had impressive seasons.

All they need now is a young, hungry manager who likes to play youth. Who could that be?

Puel?

• Like 1