Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shaker01

Bury FC.

Hope some current Sky Sports subscribers either complain about the above to the company, or unsubscribe from their service and switch to a competitor.

More preferably the latter.

The bigger they have grown, so has Sky's arrogance and ignorance.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

Absolute wrong 'uns to even think of that; these are two football clubs with real-life fans and employees on the brink of losing their livelihoods, it's not a ****ing transfer window. 

Part of me wonders if this is the beginning of the end for small, lower league clubs and the start of them being replaced by PL reserve teams as seen in other countries in Europe.

There's a reason why EFL clubs were so incensed by the inclusion of U23 sides in the Checkatrade Trophy, and you can't help but wonder whether an existential threat to small, vulnerable clubs has been engineered. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No words. 

They've gone too far here; these are 2 footballing communities who could be losing their clubs and all the history attached with it.

And they're making a "deadline show" out of it? This isn't just some transfer window; its people's lives, communities of people all being impacted irreversibly. 

****ing ridiculous. 

Jim White ceased being credible a long time ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Am I correct in thinking that Gigg Lane will also be gone?A lot of those clubs mentioned have been lucky that they’ve kept their original grounds,or have found somewhere else suitable.It just makes the climb back even harder.

If Bolton go what the hell will happen to their ground?Isnt it practically the centre piece of the Town🙁

Bolton's is miles away from the centre at Horwich, and is actually closer as the crow flies to Wigan town centre than it is to Bolton town centre I beliew.

Would be a shame about Gigg Lane.

• Like 1

I can't imagine Bolton's ground being attractive to developers.

Well out of town, the main draw in the midst of a retail park (making replacement with further retail space pointless) and still a reasonably modern stadium that would be attractive to either a phoenix club or even another sports club, potentially rugby league in that area.

Darlington's old 25,000 capacity ground ended up being taken over by a rugby club rather than being demolished, and we all know the score with the Ricoh. 

Gigg Lane is much more of a worry, and that fat **** Steve Dale is hanging on to it for a reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Absolute wrong 'uns to even think of that; these are two football clubs with real-life fans and employees on the brink of losing their livelihoods, it's not a ****ing transfer window. 

Part of me wonders if this is the beginning of the end for small, lower league clubs and the start of them being replaced by PL reserve teams as seen in other countries in Europe.

There's a reason why EFL clubs were so incensed by the inclusion of U23 sides in the Checkatrade Trophy, and you can't help but wonder whether an existential threat to small, vulnerable clubs has been engineered. 

I don’t think things are that bad yet.Bolton where up to their eyeballs in debt whilst still in the Prem.Victims of the Premier League itself .Bury have been badly run for years now.Not helped by the fact that the area is already saturated with pro clubs.Yet in recent seasons,some of the most ambitious non league clubs vying for league status have come from that area?

Without the fear of being accused of being xenophobic, just hope any 'last-minute' deal isn't of Chinese origin etc.

Think it's best advised for a local consortium, instead of just one individual, to hopefully take this challenge on for the needs of both the club and the surrounding community.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

He could quite easily turn round and say 'no' he isn't presenting in front of a clock. 

Yeah a fair point. I think sky are so far up their own arses they don’t realise how ridiculous things like that are 

48 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Without the fear of being accused of being xenophobic, just hope any 'last-minute' deal isn't of Chinese origin etc.

Think it's best advised for a local consortium, instead of just one individual, to hopefully take this challenge on for the needs of both the club and the surrounding community.

This just smacks of razy lacism.

53 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I don’t think things are that bad yet.Bolton where up to their eyeballs in debt whilst still in the Prem.Victims of the Premier League itself .Bury have been badly run for years now.Not helped by the fact that the area is already saturated with pro clubs.Yet in recent seasons,some of the most ambitious non league clubs vying for league status have come from that area?

The problem in the future might be that clubs like Manchester City, whose academy ground is at least League Two standard, might well fancy themselves to go through the leagues at the expense of smaller clubs. Hell, I wouldn't put it past the EFL to sell them a vacated share so they wouldn't need to bother.

The arguments for U23 sides going into the Checkatrade Trophy (more competitive football, testing them against older footballers etc) cold easily be repeated, and I'm not sure if the EFL would have the will or even ability to resist such a push if sufficient numbers of PL clubs lobbied hard enough.

55 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What Chinese consortium is going to buy Bury ffs lol