Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shaker01

Bury FC.

About to be Bury'd. All jokes aside it's never nice to see this happen to a club, i really feel for their fans. I hope they can get stuff together and prep for league 2 next year as clearly they wont make it out of league 1 division this year

The worst thing about these clubs in trouble is that most of them could be saved by many premier league players wages for a single week.

Not that it should be that simple. If it were, no doubt more clubs would be run recklessly and go into administration, knowing someone would bail them out.

But still, the vast gulf is depressing.

• Like 1

Unless a club has obviously been reckless, I think there Premier League clubs should be forced to fund some kind of emergency bail out fund for these smaller teams.

Probably one set of gate receipts in a weekends Premier League fixtures would be enough to fund Bury for quite a while. You have players getting paid £200000 a week, to be honest no one needs that much money. 

Its quite sad as Bury are as important to football as any team in the Premier League. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

On 15/08/2019 at 11:03, Foxin_Mad said:

Unless a club has obviously been reckless, I think there Premier League clubs should be forced to fund some kind of emergency bail out fund for these smaller teams.

How do you define reckless? 

They've offered stupid contracts to the likes of Beckford and Danns.

If the Prem was the bail out a club, I'd want the current board/execs cleared otherwise what's to stop the same situation happening again? 

A better suggestion would be to add a 'tax' of some sort to Prem clubs and set up a fund for instances like this. The fund would help pay debtors or wages; but more importantly put an experienced exec or two in place in the club to help rebuild and set good practise in place. 

• Like 3

Looks like the end is nigh unless a buyer can be found before Friday. I know the EFL have to take their portion of the blame for the way the club has been handled and not let someone like Dale take control. However was there anything in the guys history to suggest he'd turn out like this? How are they supposed to know whether a chairman is going to run a club into the ground or not? Maybe I'm being naive with that. 

Must be infuriating seeing the Neville brothers pump money into Salford when there hometown club and a club their dad had big connection with goes to the graveyard. Not even a comment about it from what I saw. 

Got to be a local businesses person or an ex professional who can put something together to keep club alive if nothing else. I do think something will happen before Friday, any buyer is going to bid as low as possible. 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Looks like the end is nigh unless a buyer can be found before Friday. I know the EFL have to take their portion of the blame for the way the club has been handled and not let someone like Dale take control. However was there anything in the guys history to suggest he'd turn out like this? How are they supposed to know whether a chairman is going to run a club into the ground or not? Maybe I'm being naive with that. 

Must be infuriating seeing the Neville brothers pump money into Salford when there hometown club and a club their dad had big connection with goes to the graveyard. Not even a comment about it from what I saw. 

Got to be a local businesses person or an ex professional who can put something together to keep club alive if nothing else. I do think something will happen before Friday, any buyer is going to bid as low as possible. 

Totally true lack of interest shown from the Neville brothers. I mean the money they pumped into Salford could have been put into Bury and made them a bit of stronger force in the football league. 

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Totally true lack of interest shown from the Neville brothers. I mean the money they pumped into Salford could have been put into Bury and made them a bit of stronger force in the football league. 

They took Salford from level 8 - changed their shirt colour, changed their nickname and completely change the club how they wished. Effectively turning them into a better funded FC United. 

Wouldn't get the same license at Bury or Oldham. Add the significant debt they'd have had to pay off as well. 

15 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not really fair that is it. 

As Cardiff pointed out they've been involved with Salford for a long time and cannot get involved in Bury's situation now as they compete in the same league as Salford, it's a total conflict of interest. 

They didn't cause this and it is certainly not on them to sort it out,

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not really fair that is it. 

As Cardiff pointed out they've been involved with Salford for a long time and cannot get involved in Bury's situation now as they compete in the same league as Salford, it's a total conflict of interest. 

They didn't cause this and it is certainly not on them to sort it out,

Of course, not their fault and they would have no obligation to save Bury even if they could. They weren't to know the troubles Bury would get into when they started their Salford journey.

Just think it must be hard to take for Bury fans to see 'one of their own' bankrolling a rival whilst they are about to fold.

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Of course, not their fault and they would have no obligation to save Bury even if they could. They weren't to know the troubles Bury would get into when they started their Salford journey.

Just think it must be hard to take for Bury fans to see 'one of their own' bankrolling a rival whilst they are about to fold.

Perhaps but such is life. Got to accept it haven't you their hands are tied. 

• Like 1

With the whole Bolton and Bury situations, there needs to be a serious shakeup in what is to be done with irresponsible owners. They are custodians to clubs which have deep roots in communities, not a plaything. If acting irresponsibly (especially true in the case of Bury), the EFL need powers to remove these people from their positions (at least in a temporary status), and the ability to invoke heavy penalties.

Fans have little say in how their clubs are ran, especially true in the case of rogue owners but it seems that Bury fans are destined to be the ones facing the punishment by losing their club. Is it fair to criticise them for enjoying the good times? No, probably weren't fully aware of the extent of damage to the clubs finances.

As for Premier League teams/players bailing the teams out, whose to say some haven't already contributed... but equally so, it shouldn't be down to Premier League teams/players to do this either! Perhaps mandatory friendlies with lower league oppositions in pre-season, mandatory domestic feeder clubs or even as someone suggested a "Premier League tax" to ensure grass-roots is still thriving... But not "Man City have got loads of money, why aren't they paying their debts off"

So what has this chap Steve Dale done wrong. Struggling to find what he has done wrong himself, he seems to have come in just over a season ago when the club was already looking pretty desperate financially.

Can anyone point to any decent articles or posts that explain what he has done in the past year to make matters worse?