Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shaker01

Bury FC.

If the takeover goes through, they can surely go into the National League with only 1 club going down from the Football League. The most important thing is the football club is saved and can continue at whatever level.

• Like 1

Sad situation, very sad, someone made a good point to me today.

Scudamore’s pay off, I’d rather the money from that was spent on clubs like Bury.

That just wasn’t justified, whilst it’s not up to other clubs to bail another out, such funds and trusts as the example above should perhaps be set up, obviously only used in extreme cases such as this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sad situation, very sad, someone made a good point to me today.

Scudamore’s pay off, I’d rather the money from that was spent on clubs like Bury.

That just wasn’t justified, whilst it’s not up to other clubs to bail another out, such funds and trusts as the example above should perhaps be set up, obviously only used in extreme cases such as this.

It's sad isn't it?

That one man's wage/pay off could've saved an entire club and hundreds of jobs. For me that sums up football as it is. Those with money have all the money. Those without are seriously struggling 

The fund idea is something I genuinely think would be of huge benefit, but it'll never happen.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

If the takeover goes through, they can surely go into the National League with only 1 club going down from the Football League. The most important thing is the football club is saved and can continue at whatever level.

National League are harsher on financial matters than any other league. Their annual AGM Cup this year was won by Aldershot. 

On 29/08/2019 at 18:12, UniFox21 said:

Give this a read, it gives a damming verdict of the EFL. 

Lack of communication and refusing to allow the club more time with a new buyer being found 

Reads as another one of Steve Dale’s attention seeking rants 

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

That one man's wage/pay off could've saved an entire club and hundreds of jobs. For me that sums up football as it is. Those with money have all the money. Those without are seriously struggling 

The fund idea is something I genuinely think would be of huge benefit, but it'll never happen.

It wouldn’t though. Bury need that pay off every month. Not just a charity pot. 

The problems started when Bury were overspending and trying to sustain a huge wage bill. 

Put the shoe on the other foot, how would you feel if you were a fan of Mansfield who missed out on promotion to a club who couldn’t pay their players and start the next season on minus 10. 

Theres plenty of clubs what manage themselves on budget within the lower leagues and remain successful 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It wouldn’t though. Bury need that pay off every month. Not just a charity pot. 

The problems started when Bury were overspending and trying to sustain a huge wage bill. 

Put the shoe on the other foot, how would you feel if you were a fan of Mansfield who missed out on promotion to a club who couldn’t pay their players and start the next season on minus 10. 

Theres plenty of clubs what manage themselves on budget within the lower leagues and remain successful 

Prior to their expulsion, the pot would've helped pay off debt/wages and give a huge chance of survival to the club.

Your point on overspending is why a spending cap or wage cap needs to be brought in for the lower tiers to stop that happening again. Better "fit and proper persons" test is needed as well. 

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Prior to their expulsion, the pot would've helped pay off debt/wages and give a huge chance of survival to the club.

Your point on overspending is why a spending cap or wage cap needs to be brought in for the lower tiers to stop that happening again. Better "fit and proper persons" test is needed as well. 

The debts at Bury are as high as £7million 

Neil Danns giving a brutal outlook on the situation. 

"If a person buys a club for a pound, it only takes a Google to see every one of his businesses he's been involved in have dissolved. How has that got past the fit and proper test?" 

He really slates the EFL for letting the owner buy the club and do what he wanted. Then saying if the EFL did all that; and now there's an actual offer on the table, they should allow the take over to happen. 

I just feel for the fans. All of a sudden your team is gone. That's a big hole to fill. No matter what else is going on in your mundane life, you always have the football match to look forward to. Win or lose, the discussions about it and on to the next match.

Hope to see Bury FC back again, in some league and in some form or another.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 15:43, UniFox21 said:

The EFL have decided Bury will not be readmitted in the 2020 season. 

Poor decision for me, between them they've basically confined the club to the history books

it would have set a bad precedent, if this was a club like Forest Green or Crawley nobody would give a ****.  

• 1 year later...
On 14/01/2021 at 11:37, Tuna said:

Heard it all before but...interesting.

What...you can't just start in one of those divisions. No chance haha.

In fact, maybe they have a chance seeing as both leagues currently have odd numbers. Especially if the trident leagues below decide to call it another null and void

Edited by filbertway
I jumped the gun with my reply didn't I