Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

4th highest racist arrests

On 18/06/2019 at 06:33, broughtonblue said:

We come in 4th after United, millwall and Leeds, tbh I cant think of the last time I witnessed racism at our club 

http://news.sky.com/story/more-manchester-united-fans-are-arrested-for-football-racism-than-any-other-club-11743651

Away from home we have still got a few issues , I witnessed two or three very distasteful incidents , but they were not proper football people just estate thugs on a day out , what does pleasantly surprise me is the very low numbers reported , this country has come a long  way in last 3 oo so decades , let’s not let the likes of Farage et al drag us back there.  

Edited by LinekersLugs
Bad spelling and hungover posting
  • Like 1

My girlfriend hated football, until the title winning season and she got swept along with it.

She started going to a fair few games, even away ones, suggesting games herself which was a bit surreal given how much she hated it, but brilliant.

Then we were at a game the previou season (17-18) where a woman, probably in her 40s with young primary school aged children was shouting all kinds of nonsense at opposition players including calling one frequently ‘a little black c***’. I was a bit shocked myself at the time, but hardened to hearing stupid comments at football didn’t think much to it other than what a terrible parent she and her husband (who was sat next to her and the kids) were.

I noticed my girlfriend was upset during the game but she wouldn’t tell me why, and it was only after that she said that fan’s racist behaviour had upset her so much and made her never want to go to another football game again.

That’s really hit home and I’m now pretty disgusted at myself and a bit embarrassed as much as anything for not mentioning it to someone at the time, especially as there was at least one steward within a few metres of her throughout most the game.

The girlfriend still hasn’t gone to a game since but hoping I can persuade her some time during next season and she’s showing signs of regaining that interest.

The player the racial slur was directed at? N’golo Kante.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

So sad to read , I hope she can come back again one day 

I too witnessed stuff like this during the 5000/1 season 

one of the most disgraceful was the Spoons pub in Watford the morning of the game steroid pumped up inbreds decided  to start harassing a Small Black man behind the bar singing the Kante chant at him , trying to pick him up , patting him on the head and the man was embarrassed and quite distressed,  the bouncers eventually asked the Ring leader , A well known local city thug who fancies being an actor, to calm down , he was off his head on Bolivian marching powder and then stood on a table ramping the indirect racism up, what shocked me was hundred of city fans laughed and joined in , I put my pint down and went next door, utterly disgusted at what I had just witnessed.

That Season had so many highs but it also brought out so many bald fat and fifty retired racist thugs to the party , most of which have thankfull disappeared again. 

This is the best city in England , but like all

cities it has its scum 

Careful now, leave the tubby middle aged men alone, @Alf Bentley gives @bovril and I some right stick for that :D

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

one of the most disgraceful was the Spoons pub in Watford the morning of the game steroid pumped up inbreds decided  to start harassing a Small Black man behind the bar singing the Kante chant at him , trying to pick him up , patting him on the head and the man was embarrassed and quite distressed,  the bouncers eventually asked the Ring leader , A well known local city thug who fancies being an actor, to calm down , he was off his head on Bolivian marching powder and then stood on a table ramping the indirect racism up, what shocked me was hundred of city fans laughed and joined in , I put my pint down and went next door, utterly disgusted at what I had just witnessed.

That Season had so many highs but it also brought out so many bald fat and fifty retired racist thugs to the party , most of which have thankfull disappeared again. 

cities it has its scum 

‘Hundreds of City fans laughed and joined in’

Just shows how ‘easy’ it is when in a crowd to put aside morals, ethics and all that and become a part of the group-think

That’s one of the main ways the Nazis rose to power post WW1. Just have to watch the Neurenberg rallies and some of Hitler’s speeches.

When fuelled by alcohol and drugs what was possibly meant as ‘banter’ can quickly lead to something much more sinister.

I’m glad you moved on mate. So would I. Just imagine how the bar-man must have fookin felt.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Careful now, leave the tubby middle aged men alone, @Alf Bentley gives @bovril and I some right stick for that :D

lol

"Hirsute, tubby and fifty-plus hard-working (:whistle:) non-racist non-thugs", please. ....well, strictly verbal/keyboard thuggery only.

I'd take "tubby middle-aged man" as a compliment at my age and in my condition.

• Haha 3

As most of our fans have roots in Leicester... how can you be from our wonderful city and ever grow up to be a racist?  Baffles me.

One of my proudest moments of being a City fan and from Leicester is when the EDL had a march in the city centre and got mocked by everybody until they just left.

I've only ever seen daft 16 year old kids wearing fake Stone Island say anything racist (Southampton away years ago) and a few older lads basically told them to never say stuff like that again or they'd throw them out themselves.

Really sad if this stuff is creeping back in.

• Like 3

Not directly related to football, but me and my mates could not get into many clubs in the city during the 90's ( we were all asian). Bullshit like 'not tonight lads', 'wrong collar' etc. Non asians just strolled in, even if in big groups, pissed up, dressed inappropriately etc..

Leicester was like this not so far back. I'm glad its changed - even though I've moved away.

• Like 2

On 22/06/2019 at 09:42, Stoopid said:

Last time I saw the EDL trying to organise something in Leicester they basically had the piss ripped out of them and got laughed out of town. 

Don't see much evidence of right-wing support in this city. Just the opposite. 

And to counteract the view that the 70s was some sort of dark ages, Leicester had a thriving anti-fascist movement back then, who - as I witnessed first-hand - regularly gave the NF a good kicking - especially at what was known as 'the battle of Welford Road'

Then, as now, racism attracts the terminally thick. That thick fuggers still exist is regrettable, but slightly unavoidable, unfortunately.

Funny how violence from those deemed to be on the right side of things is accepted, even applauded. 

As for racism in Leicester I have been on the receiving end many times when I lived in Leicester. I’m white incidentally. 

My brother, Leroy, is not. We’ve heard racism at the King Power. It is not something I would call regular but it is still unfortunately a position some fall back upon far too often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Funny how violence from those deemed to be on the right side of things is accepted, even applauded. 

As for racism in Leicester I have been on the receiving end many times when I lived in Leicester. I’m white incidentally. 

My brother, Leroy, is not. We’ve heard racism at the King Power. It is not something I would call regular but it is still unfortunately a position some fall back upon far too often. 

Sorry to hear that. We can only speak from our own experience and mine is that racism is less of an issue in Leicester than in some other places I've lived in (including Manchester and West Yorkshire).

I am white but from an Irish family, so any prejudice I've faced is more political than racial I suppose - but still unpleasant at times. Though I always felt that the person dishing it out was a fool...which kind of helps.

As for violence being accepted or even applauded if it's on 'the right side of things' - well that's an interesting  moral question. The Second World War being a case in point. Not nice, but occasionally absolutely necessary. In my view, any kind of facism - of which racism is a symptom - needs to be opposed totally by whatever it takes to do it.

49 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Sorry to hear that. We can only speak from our own experience and mine is that racism is less of an issue in Leicester than in some other places I've lived in (including Manchester and West Yorkshire).

I am white but from an Irish family, so any prejudice I've faced is more political than racial I suppose - but still unpleasant at times. Though I always felt that the person dishing it out was a fool...which kind of helps.

As for violence being accepted or even applauded if it's on 'the right side of things' - well that's an interesting  moral question. The Second World War being a case in point. Not nice, but occasionally absolutely necessary. In my view, any kind of facism - of which racism is a symptom - needs to be opposed totally by whatever it takes to do it.

We were on the right side in WWII? Again true to an extent. Defeating the Nazi’s was a matter of absolute necessity. However, we were allies with Stalin who massacred 10’s of millions of his own people. Not to mention millions of other ethnic people. There is moral ambiguity in everything. Violence is sometimes required. On the streets of a civilised country, one group of idiots against another, I’m not so sure.  

On 22/06/2019 at 10:16, LinekersLugs said:

cities it has its scum 

I know who your taking about. The irony of it is he was dating a mixed race girl at the time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We were on the right side in WWII? Again true to an extent. Defeating the Nazi’s was a matter of absolute necessity. However, we were allies with Stalin who massacred 10’s of millions of his own people. Not to mention millions of other ethnic people. There is moral ambiguity in everything. Violence is sometimes required. On the streets of a civilised country, one group of idiots against another, I’m not so sure.  

Difficult to disagree with that. Though I must admit I quite enjoyed a good tear-up in the streets in my younger days. Must be my Irish blood...

(How'a that for a lazy national stereotype?)

Leicester is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the UK and doing rather well in terms of inclusivity, so that's a bit of a surprise.

Could be based on the clientele that football usually attracts. :ph34r:

But 14 arrests at or near the KP in the space of four years is a meagre number all in all, sort of a storm in a teacup. That's three to four incidents over the course of one 38-game season or 19 home league matches.

The numbers give a bit of a skewed image of racism in the UK, as they obviously only focus on football. I don't think they're overly indicative of the general attitude of people or a population towards other ethnicities or cultures. How prevalent is racism in other sports, what are the percentages there?

Also note that according to the report, the overall number of arrests due to (alleged) racism has come down quite a bit in the past few years, so there's hope.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Difficult to disagree with that. Though I must admit I quite enjoyed a good tear-up in the streets in my younger days. Must be my Irish blood...

(How'a that for a lazy national stereotype?)

I used to be in the Baby Squad in the 80’s. proper idiot. Thankfully I’ve grown up a bit since. 

• Like 2

On 18/06/2019 at 06:33, broughtonblue said:

We come in 4th after United, millwall and Leeds, tbh I cant think of the last time I witnessed racism at our club 

http://news.sky.com/story/more-manchester-united-fans-are-arrested-for-football-racism-than-any-other-club-11743651

I was at the Cardiff home game and the racist abuse towards Sol Bamba was horrible! It saddened me as I thought the majority of Leicester are above this but I suppose there is always the exception to the rule...

15 hours ago, Wes said:

I was at the Cardiff home game and the racist abuse towards Sol Bamba was horrible! It saddened me as I thought the majority of Leicester are above this but I suppose there is always the exception to the rule...

Just rubbish, I was at that game and heard nothing, so I suggest there was one or two people saying stuff near you. Don't try and make out Leicester fans turned on Sol because they didn't turn on him, your comment strikes me as another "it's because I'm black inn'it" victim rubbish

1 hour ago, L Blocker said:

Just rubbish, I was at that game and heard nothing, so I suggest there was one or two people saying stuff near you. Don't try and make out Leicester fans turned on Sol because they didn't turn on him, your comment strikes me as another "it's because I'm black inn'it" victim rubbish

Lool this isn’t gonna go down well

7 hours ago, L Blocker said:

What an absolute moron.