Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Fox Covert

Glastonbury

Just now, kyleolly said:

You say that but the songs are nearly 30 years old 

True, crazy to think that Supersonic is as far from now as Revolver was from then. But a lot of the stuff already sounds quite tired compared to a lot of 80s bands who were much more original. Perhaps it's because of the kind of slightly cheesy anthemic quality of a lot of their post Definitely Maybe stuff, it just feels to me much more of its time than the Beatles, Kinks or Clash, for example. 

1 hour ago, Filbert_Ross said:

What's this Megan Thee Stallion about then?

Never heard of them. 

just watching IDLES for  second time. Not even sure I like them but **** me what a performance and crowd. 

I'm the same with Idles. Can only imagine what it was like being there, blew me off the settee. Unsettling. Also had to watch it again. 

39 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah it's a dirge. I quite enjoy Oasis but for sure their songs won't age as well as other legendary bands.

Their best two albums are nearly 30 years old and the next generation are embracing them.

their music is standing the test of time 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can’t think of a more uninteresting headliner than Paul McCartney  

He’s the best of the three this year.

Kendrick isn’t headline quality even though I’m a fan. But neither was Stormzy last year - don’t have the set list 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Kendrick isn’t headline quality even though I’m a fan. But neither was Stormzy last year - don’t have the set list 

Kendrick Lamar is absolutely headliner material imo 

• Like 3

Was gonna say, Noel Gallagher hit the nail on the head saying McCartney has the best back catalogue in the World. 

Nobody can put together a better set list. 

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Kendrick Lamar is absolutely headliner material imo 

I think it’s 10 years too early personally, but don’t get me wrong I’m a fan.

Baffled by Billie though. Not sure how you can have the back catalogue after only 2 albums…

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Very dull isn’t it 

He's 80 years old and never in his career pranced around the stage like a knob. Dunno what you were expecting tbh.

He can stand and play some of the greatest popular songs of all time though, and has played some of the biggest gigs of all time, so I think he'll get by.

• Like 2

I think it’s 10 years too early personally, but don’t get me wrong I’m a fan.

Baffled by Billie though. Not sure how you can have the back catalogue after only 2 albums…

I was sceptical about her headlining but I genuinely thought she was quite entertaining last night and I’m far from a fan of hers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's 80 years old and never in his career pranced around the stage like a knob. Dunno what you were expecting tbh.

He can stand and play some of the greatest popular songs of all time though, and has played some of the biggest gigs of all time, so I think he'll get by.

He’s getting some unjustified stick tbf. Don’t see how you can say he’s not headliner material if Eilish and Kendrick Lamar are. Miles above their league isn’t he. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

He’s getting some unjustified stick tbf. Don’t see how you can say he’s not headliner material if Eilish and Kendrick Lamar are. Miles above their league isn’t he. 

I think people are just saying he’s boring compared to other headliners because he is. It’s ok if you enjoy his music, he’s still a boring headliner lol 

• Like 1