Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Fox Covert

Glastonbury

54 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Good grief the killers are dull. Waiting for the hot chip set to start on iplayer.

Not a fan of the killers but thought that cover of This Charming Man with Johnny Marr on guitar was superb. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, martyn said:

Not a fan of the killers but thought that cover of This Charming Man with Johnny Marr on guitar was superb. 

I'll have to find footage of that one later. Smiths songs without Morrissey sounds just about perfect.

Couldn't get iplayer to not fvck me about so I watched the chemical brothers set which was very entertaining. Superb visuals, anyone pilled up in that crowd would've had an absolute belter.

13 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Good grief the killers are dull. Waiting for the hot chip set to start on iplayer.

They just come across as a run of the mill American stadium band to me, some of the songs are ok, but its all a little meh.

• Like 1

Sound engineers took a while to get to grips with all the musicians with Kamasi Washington. Must be hard as bands go straight in without a sound check.

Anyway in the end Kamasi smashed it. Truth and Fists of Fury were next level stuff. 

Every time it pans to the crowd one is reminded of what a white, middle class audience it is.  I suppose that happens when tickets are £99m.  Can't be bothered with it to be honest.  Though I don;t really like festivals in general and I am a bore.  X

If I had to compile the ultimate Cure setlist. I swear it wouldn't have been far off. Incredible sound, Smith - mesmerising. Transcendent stuff - which aside from Johnny Marr, The Idles and Fontaines DC, struck me as a rather insipid affair this year. But then as Purple Ronnie said - lots more to go through.