Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

The Boxing Day game is nailed on to moved, surely?

Same day i'd imagine but a KO change.

Yh, not sure they would be keen on moving games by another day as that has a knock-on effect for games just days after. But certainly expect similar to last year, 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 19:45 possible.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

Regardless of the TV scheduling there is, as usual, TOO MANY games at christmas.

Why do we NEED to play 26/27th, 28th/29th, 1st/2nd jan, fa cup....weekend before boxing day...

Its complete overkill.

Some of these games can be taken out and the calendar spaced out much better.

If for example, a problem is the world club championship and liverpool travelling etc etc..... why not just play THAT game later in the year? Weve still got a game 2 days later its not as if its a 3 week shutdown

I know weve got the staggered breaks coming in.....if theres room for a staggered break theres room to space out the games more

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Donk said:

Regardless of the TV scheduling there is, as usual, TOO MANY games at christmas.

Why do we NEED to play 26/27th, 28th/29th, 1st/2nd jan, fa cup....weekend before boxing day...

Its complete overkill.

Some of these games can be taken out and the calendar spaced out much better.

If for example, a problem is the world club championship and liverpool travelling etc etc..... why not just play THAT game later in the year? Weve still got a game 2 days later its not as if its a 3 week shutdown

I know weve got the staggered breaks coming in.....if theres room for a staggered break theres room to space out the games more

But when? There are games every weekend. Unless the FA Cup becomes a midweek competition with no replays, we will lack that extra space in the match calendar.

45 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

For any game or are you referring to Villa specifically?

Don't really like playing on it in general, but Villa away although it's not logistically the biggest pain would but paid to some of my plans for it.

I do wonder though why they'd move Coventry's game if Villa was on the Monday. Maybe they just thought it'd help them to have it Saturday and it freed that day up rather than anything else although the article did specifically say Villa v Leicester was Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don't really like playing on it in general, but Villa away although it's not logistically the biggest pain would but paid to some of my plans for it.

I do wonder though why they'd move Coventry's game if Villa was on the Monday. Maybe they just thought it'd help them to have it Saturday and it freed that day up rather than anything else although the article did specifically say Villa v Leicester was Sunday.

It is definitely on the Sunday. Prefer it not to be 12:30 though. 4pm would be better.

On 08/10/2019 at 10:50, Manwell Pablo said:

I've got no idea if they intend to stagger the kick off times.....I'd imagine they'd have no need as you'd be able to watch all 10 games in full on replay. Obviously we will be on at a different time to the other 9 if Liverpool cause the delay

Looks like they’ve delayed the announcement 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Late again - pretty important fixtures as well for fans considering it’s the Christmas period. 

Was hoping they would come out today to make a decision on Brighton away 

That's already confirmed for 3pm is it not?

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bloody well better be seeing as I got my email confirming my tickets !

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah but if our December fixtures are naff, I'd rather do a Saturday 3pm at Brighton 

It's in November so definitely 3pm Saturday. 

14 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

But when? There are games every weekend. Unless the FA Cup becomes a midweek competition with no replays, we will lack that extra space in the match calendar.

There are spaces in the calendar.

Ill give an example. We played Arsenal on a tuesday night in may last season. Great night, great game, warm weather. Lovely.

Assuming the opponent is not in the later stages of the champions league, then id hazard a guess youve got 2 weeks at the beginning of the season, 2 at the end.

If both out the fa cup youve got another window because ive seen us go 10 or more days without a game.

But even if you stick to the idea of a midweeker at the very beginning of season and then maybe another at the end, theres two games you can move.

So rather than play weekend, boxing day, weekend, new years day, fa cup

You could go weekend, weekend, fa cup

You could go boxing day, new years day, fa cup

Etc etc.

Instead of thinking, its christmas, fvck it, we will play every other day until everyone is absolutely ruined

19 hours ago, Donk said:

There are spaces in the calendar.

Ill give an example. We played Arsenal on a tuesday night in may last season. Great night, great game, warm weather. Lovely.

Assuming the opponent is not in the later stages of the champions league, then id hazard a guess youve got 2 weeks at the beginning of the season, 2 at the end.

If both out the fa cup youve got another window because ive seen us go 10 or more days without a game.

But even if you stick to the idea of a midweeker at the very beginning of season and then maybe another at the end, theres two games you can move.

So rather than play weekend, boxing day, weekend, new years day, fa cup

You could go weekend, weekend, fa cup

You could go boxing day, new years day, fa cup

Etc etc.

Instead of thinking, its christmas, fvck it, we will play every other day until everyone is absolutely ruined

The problem is that the football calendar contains regular international break, Carabao Cup, CL/EL and FA Cup. There really aren't many gaps. There have been times where fixtures have piled up at the end of the season, I believe Man Utd a while back with FA Cup and CL all going on and having no gaps to play replays/extra games. The only option is to start the season early and play extra games early on, get a headstart. Not that easy.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:10, Matt said:

The Boxing Day game is nailed on to moved, surely?

Same day i'd imagine but a KO change.

I’d not say so as it’s amazon, they have the rights for every single game on Boxing Day so will televise every single game potentially all at 3pm. That said they could try and alter every kick off time bar one, depends on how they want to go about it.

On 11/10/2019 at 18:21, Cardiff_Fox said:

Late again - pretty important fixtures as well for fans considering it’s the Christmas period. 

Was hoping they would come out today to make a decision on Brighton away 

And I imagine the delay Could have a lot to do with them working out the logistics of their match days.