Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

56 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Sorry but I find this comment hard to take.  There are lots of us who have followed the city for more years than many on here have even been on the planet, and for various reasons find it difficult, or even impossible, to get to games.  What about those of us who work away from home, unsociable hours/weekends etc. Not to mention those more unfortunate fans who are elderly, disabled or simply cannot afford the price of a ticket, never mind the travel costs etc and their only way to actually watch their team is on TV?

I get that moving fixtures for TV can be a right royal pain, especially when done at short notice and people cannot make alternative travel plans, get time off work etc. but, as a club, we actually have many more fans than there are available tickets.  How would you feel if we were to reach the FA cup final, you couldn't get a ticket, or were unable to travel through illness or some such and the game was not televised?  Would you still be "more than happy" not to be on TV?   I think not.  The ability to travel up and down the country does not make one any more "loyal" than those less fortunate than yourself.  Before making such comments consider the 80 yr old "armchair" fan who has supported his/her team for decades as a season ticket holder (and thereby contributed not insignificant amounts to the clubs coffers along the way) but is no longer able to attend matches. would you deprive them of their occasional treat of being able to watch the team live on TV?

Without the money that Tv brings in we would not be able to have the sort of players in our team that we currently enjoy.

Call me plastic if you wish but we have to take a balanced view on this

Don't parrot this line, it's such a lazy punch that means nothing. TV money IS around, and if we didn't have TV money no-one would, and everyone would be in the same boat financially. It's a crap soundbite straight out of the "if you don't like something the owners have done hand your season ticket back" book.

The rest of your post is much better than that. Live games on TV expose us to a wider audience, give Leicester fans who can't/are unable travel and watch the game live the opportunity to do so. Leicester not being on TV just harks back to the 1980s. Even in the early 90s we were moved for Central's Soccer Sunday when in Div 1. Then the PL, then back to the FL. Even in League One we had Yeovil on a Monday night because of TV.

It's a crap inconvenience. Arsenal 2016 and Man City 2019 moved at horrifically short notice. I suffered on both, especially the latter which messed my weekend up. Long away days on weeknights. It's crap, but it's well over two decades old now and it's here to stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Sorry but I find this comment hard to take.  There are lots of us who have followed the city for more years than many on here have even been on the planet, and for various reasons find it difficult, or even impossible, to get to games.  What about those of us who work away from home, unsociable hours/weekends etc. Not to mention those more unfortunate fans who are elderly, disabled or simply cannot afford the price of a ticket, never mind the travel costs etc and their only way to actually watch their team is on TV?

I get that moving fixtures for TV can be a right royal pain, especially when done at short notice and people cannot make alternative travel plans, get time off work etc. but, as a club, we actually have many more fans than there are available tickets.  How would you feel if we were to reach the FA cup final, you couldn't get a ticket, or were unable to travel through illness or some such and the game was not televised?  Would you still be "more than happy" not to be on TV?   I think not.  The ability to travel up and down the country does not make one any more "loyal" than those less fortunate than yourself.  Before making such comments consider the 80 yr old "armchair" fan who has supported his/her team for decades as a season ticket holder (and thereby contributed not insignificant amounts to the clubs coffers along the way) but is no longer able to attend matches. would you deprive them of their occasional treat of being able to watch the team live on TV?

Without the money that Tv brings in we would not be able to have the sort of players in our team that we currently enjoy.

Or those stranded in the Welsh mountains. Think of us. Mind you, lot of foxes round here. 

5 hours ago, urban fox said:

If I can’t make a game and it’s not on TV then I just accept I can’t watch it and either listen on the radio or do something else. If I was unable to ever go to a game again I still wouldn't want every game to be moved to different days just so I can watch it. That’s just selfish. Everyone knows football is about being at 3pm on a Saturday, it always has been. so if I couldn’t go I’d hope fans who travel up and down the county get priority.

you don’t see league one clubs and below moan because they can’t watch there team on TV. 99% of there games will be Saturday 3pm. If you can’t make the game you miss out and listen on the radio. That’s how it should be.

• Like 2

My dad's coming up to 90 years old and has been coming up from Bedford to watch City since he was 7.

He's to old to attend games now, too cold, can't see things that are too far away and walking has become a bit of a problem for him. 

Televised games are his only way of watching his beloved City and there's no way myself, my family, my brother and his family would have supported Leicester had dad not forced us to😄

I don't like games being moved for television  (unless I'm abroad in a bar🍻) but, as has been said, many lifelong City fans can't get there or get a ticket. 

• Like 1

There's plenty of ways of watching Leicester even if the game isn't on an official tv channel, lets be honest. Moving TV fixtures without a care in the world for supporters who are actually attending the matches is just annoying. Regardless of your views, those who attend games should be put first and foremost above any others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

If I can’t make a game and it’s not on TV then I just accept I can’t watch it and either listen on the radio or do something else. If I was unable to ever go to a game again I still wouldn't want every game to be moved to different days just so I can watch it. That’s just selfish. Everyone knows football is about being at 3pm on a Saturday, it always has been. so if I couldn’t go I’d hope fans who travel up and down the county get priority.

you don’t see league one clubs and below moan because they can’t watch there team on TV. 99% of there games will be Saturday 3pm. If you can’t make the game you miss out and listen on the radio. That’s how it should be.

Nope.

I grew up watching one live game a year - and would much rather have it the way it is now.

I'm not massively bothered about other teams, but if I want to I can happily tune in and watch on a Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon and Monday evening... 

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Shit as usual. Matches shouldn't kick off after 3pm on a Sunday, give people a chance to get home in decent time.

I’ll be home for 7pm 

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why did it need to get moved anyway? Why can’t Man City play Tuesday then sat? What about Europa league playing Thursday Sunday? 

They can’t play Sunday then Tuesday though.....

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So what’s happened here essentially ours and Man City games have swapped days 

That’s exactly what’s happened. When the TV games were announced SKY did actually say this was a possibility and as shit as it is now it’s a Sunday, no one can say/moan that it’s short notice or whatever other pathetic reason they have to moan about. 

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

That’s exactly what’s happened. When the TV games were announced SKY did actually say this was a possibility and as shit as it is now it’s a Sunday, no one can say/moan that it’s short notice or whatever other pathetic reason they have to moan about. 

Yes people was warned it was a possibility but I still understand some of the moans 

I’m fortunate enough to live within walking distance of the King Power but others who come long distance and catch trains for example haven’t been able to buy any tickets until tonight around 4 weeks before the game 

most people know train tickets are at their cheapest 10/12 weeks before travel date 

why couldn’t the tv channel just have put the games on in the revised order in the first place and then there wouldn’t be an reason to moan 

Edited by jammie82uk

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Fair enough, turns out I can more than likely make it now.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So the Arsenal game was moved to Sunday 10th November for Europa League participation only for the Arsenal Europa League game to be on Wednesday 6th November afternoon now...

Hopefully the game will be Saturday 9th November again now as there is no reason to move it to Sunday.

They haven't announced the TV games for that weekend yet, we'll probably remain on the Sunday although I hope it is moved back to Saturday.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So the Arsenal game was moved to Sunday 10th November for Europa League participation only for the Arsenal Europa League game to be on Wednesday 6th November afternoon now...

Hopefully the game will be Saturday 9th November again now as there is no reason to move it to Sunday.

Why is their Europa League game on Wednesday?